- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do apologize for the delay. I've been fighthing some mad writer's block then the flu so thanks for hanging and as always, feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!
He sighed."Well.....
She interrupted him."That's a deep subject but ....I'm gonna go get ready for bed." There was no mistaking the tone of her voice. She wanted him to stay. She needed him to stay.
He watched as she made her way across the room to her suitcase. She was slightly bent over as she ruffled through it. This was it. There was no doubt in his mind where tonight would lead .
After closing the door behind herself, she stripped of the smoke scented clothing and replaced it with the floor length gown she'd purchased the day before; dusty rose accentuated with cream colored lace and a slit clear up to the thigh. She lightly spritzed her favorite(and his) perfume all over herself and fluffed her shoulder length hair one last time before opening the door. She flipped the switch off and stepped out into the room. She found him sitting in the middle of the bed wearing nothing more than a pair of gray boxerbriefs. Unbelievable that this man wanted her. Lord did he look yummy! Long and lean with muscles rippling in all the right places. Sandy blonde hair all mussed up. Just the way she liked it and those gorgeous blue eyes showing her the same appreciation as they took a lengthy journey over her. The kid could have any woman in the world and he wanted her. It was that fact alone that was making her hear race twice as fast as it normally did.
Could she get any more beautiful......scratch that, stunning! He didn't think so. She was taking his breath away as it was. She crawled onto the bed and straddled his lap. Her cleavage staring him right in the face. He knew she could feel the rise in his shorts. It made her smile. He loved making her smile like that. Her delicate hands framed his face." You are so beautiful."
She giggled and softly kissed him. His hands slipped up under the silky material of her gown; the spaghetti strap draping slightly off her shoulder. "You're taking a lot for granted y'know."
"Am I?"
Shelly simply responded with another kiss; turning the fire up this time. His hands moved around to the curve of her behind. His hands belonged there but her nerves were starting to get the better of her. Last time he slowed things down but how many times could she expect him to bring it to a roaring halt. Especially since what she was feeling between her thighs was becoming more of a distraction to her than it was to him she was sure. She felt that fire burning below as they continued to explore one another; from the swirl of their tongues to the gentle caresses moving over each other. The sensations become more explicit and she was beneath him. She'd been there once before and he'd been the one to put the kaibosh on the flame. As she felt the silk sliding up over her stomach with his hands, she also felt that sensation she'd been a stranger to for nearly six months. The last time she'd been touched there with a mouth was when she was with David. She knew Nick would take care of her in every aspect before he'd even thought of himself but she was still scared. "Nick." Her body screaming for more but she knew if she let it go any further, it wouldn't be right.
His head moved from between her thighs. He knew that look. He didn't like it but he understood it. SHE wasn't ready this time. He was so sure this was gonna be it. That he could say goodbye to all those endless nights he'd been more than friendly with his hand. Moving to the opposite side of the bed, he willed his erection down before even looking at her. She was older than he was. Wasn't she supposed to know what this does to a man? Probably but he cared far too much for her to be selfish and have his way with her when he knew it wasn't right.
"I'm sorry Nick." She looked at him apologetically "I really thought-"
"It's okay Shel." Taking her hand and gently pressing his lips against it. " We'll get the timing right one of these days." He reassured her with a smile. He hated doing this to her. He really did care about her but his body disagreed with that emotional part of him.
"You're not mad?"
"I'm not mad. I'd be lying to say I'm not disappointed. I want to be with you more than anything in the world but it has to be because we both want to be there not because you think I need it." She really did look fragile; like she was gonna crack at any minute. He knew he had to get out of there or he was going to lose it right along with her.
"Thank you for understanding."
"Really Shel, it's nothing. We'll know when the time's right." Planting one last kiss on her hand before letting go and dressing.
"You don't have to go."
It was really starting to tear him up the way she was looking at him. He did have to go or they'd do something she'd really regret."I do have to go. Not because I don't want to be with you but because I don't want you to end up doing something you'll really regret. I love you Shel."Leaning over and softly kissing her on the lips. He grabbed his shoes and headed out the door. Did he just tell her that he loved her?! He meant it but he just needed to be far from the situation right now and the hotel bar was about a good a place as any to lose himself. He sat at the bar contemplating the third rum and coke sitting before him when the cute little blonde that had been eyeing him from the opposite end of the bar slipped up beside him and whispered,"I've got a room."
"So do I." He took the drink in one swig. Maybe it was the frustration or maybe it was the alcohol but she was looking good enough for a quick roll. Surely Shellly would understand that it would only be a physical thing and this girl was physical in all the right places. Well her tits were store bought but he could deal with that."Nick."
"I know. Cassie."
A groupie. Great! Oh well, she was very willing and that's all he needed. "Let's go,"he slurred as he destroyed the fourth and final drink set before him.


The boisterious voices and giggling proceeded to get more annoying as she attempted to find sleep for the third time since he'd left her. She couldn't. She knew she was wrong for leading him on this way but she'd gone from one man to the next without so much as a break for herself between relationships. She threw a robe on and opened her door to find AJ had discovered the noise before she did. Nick had a cheap little floozie draped all over him and AJ had noticed the look in Shelly's eyes before she even slammed the door.
AJ saw the look in Nick's eyes. Oh shit! this wasn't good!
Nick disposed of the cheap piece of ass he picked up and was pounding drunkenly on Shelly's door." Please Shel. Let's talk about it."
"Go away!" She screamed as the tears spilled from her eyes.
"C'mon baby. You know I love you!" He protested in his drunken stupor.
Oh that was it! The fucking asshole thought he could say it and everything would be fine and dandy. He may be a pop star but he was a man...no, he was still too much of a kid to be understanding how she really felt. If he'd ever had a woman that really cared about him, he'd have known how to handle this. She'd been curled in a ball against the door. She wiped the tears draining from her eyes and stood. She didn't care if he saw that she was a complete mess. He should know exaclty what he's done(even if he wouldn't remember it in the morning). At least he'd see it now. Yanking the door open, she looked at him."Fucking liar! Don't you ever come near me again you asshole! I trusted you!"
"But Shel....."His hand curved against her cheek.
"It's four in the morning Nick! Just leave me alone!"
"But .. I'm....
"No you're not."
"Come on Nick. Leave the lady alone." He grabbed his friend's arm and tugged him away.
"But I love her Age." The words blended together as she closed the door behind them.
She'd been right all along. Men were pigs. They only used one brain and when they didn't get their way with one woman, well............