- Text Size +
Shelly had just come out of the bathroom to her cell phone blaring her friend's celebrated ringtone of Drive By Love and wished to God she could change that but then she wouldn't know when her friend needed her cuz Lord knows she needed her friend right now. It's like Theresa had a sixth sense when it came to her. She flipped the phone open and greeted her as though nothing were bothering her."Hey girlie! What's going on?"
"That's what I'd like to know. I haven't talked to you in forever Miss Celebrity."
"Well don't get too jealous there chica cuz my life is a real mess right now."
"So what's going on?"
Shelly took a deep breath."Well , besides doing something that will most likely put me on the cover of the Enquirer just to get my boyfriend's attention, whom I might add, is a total prick, nothing."
"So what'd he do?"
"Let's see, AJ, Nick and I went out clubbin' last night and I thought maybe if I draped myself all over AJ like a cheap suit, Nick might stand up and be a man but no such luck. He waited until I almost pulled AJ into my room for the night."
"Hold up! You were kissing on my man?!"
"He's not your man."
"He will be though but continue."
"I restrained myself despite the sizzle factor but Nick pushed his way into my room and we got into it over the whole making it public issue again. We came to the agreement that we were ready and then I kinda put it out there that I wanted him to stay with me but I got scared again. He then proceeded to haul his ass downstairs to the lounge but not before telling me that he loved me. So about four in the morning, there was an obscene amount of noise coming from the hallway. I peered out and found him with some little plastic titted bimbo draped all over him. I slammed the door but he'd woken everybody up anyway. As soon as he got rid of her, he then pounded incessantly on my door telling me how much he loved me. I opened the door and pretty much told him to stay the hell away from me."
"Don't you think you're being a bit hypocritical Shel?"
"Huh?"
"Well you were hitting all over one of his best friends for a better part of the night. Couldn't have been all that easy for him to just stand by and watch you do it."
"Thanks Theresa. I tell you I just had my heart broke and now you're telling me that I'm a bitch for doing what I did to him."
"Two wrongs don't make it right chica. You both screwed up. I'm not saying that you should cut him a lot of slack because it sounds like he had every intention of going through with it and you didn't."
"When you're right, you're right. So what do I do girlie?"
"Make him suffer for a couple of days then go from there. I know there's more going on there than everybody sees. You are just afraid to let go and let him in."
"I know. I have to let go of David."
"It's not David, Shel. It's you. Nick wants to give you the world. You're just afraid that if you let him do it, you're gonna be the one that hurts him right?"
"Yeah. And you know me Theresa, I'm not that kind of person."
" I know but sometimes you just have to let go and let life lead you where it does. Do you love him?"
"Yes."
"Then let him in. You never get any of the good stuff if you don't go through the bad. Take the ride for all it's worth woman because I have a feeling this one's gonna be well worth the price."
"Thank you."
"That's what I'm here for chica. You're my bestie and I'll always be here for you. If you need me, call me okay?"
"Okay." The knocking on the door reminding her she had an interview that morning." Shit chica! I gotta go. I have to leave for an interview like now."
"Okay. Don't be a stranger. Bye!"
"Bye!"


Nick groaned as the sunlight hit his face and the throbbing in his head a painful reminder of what he'd done the night before. He couldn't remember all of what he'd done, just that he'd hurt Shelly. The pounding on his door kept time with the rhythm of his head as he bellowed,"Keep your pants on! I'll be there in a second!" Pulling on a pair of jeans on his way there. "Don't you answer your phone?" AJ pushed his way into the room.
"Good morning to you too," he sarcastically remarked as he followed his friend back in.
"It's almost Noon Nick. Damn! You are lead. I got you back to your room and you landed on that bed so hard I swore you were gonna break it."
"I'm not that big anymore J."
"I know but you were pretty well bruised up from the alcohol and Shelly."
"She hit me?"
"No but she hit your ego pretty hard. How much do you remember about last night?"
"I just know that I hurt her really bad." He leaned over and reached into the mini bar for a soda."Want one?"He offered one to AJ.
"Yeah. Grab me one while you're there."
Retrieving the two cans, Nick plopped onto the couch and tossed one to Alex and groaned as he held the other one against his head.
"Shit! You did take a beating last night."
"You don't know the half of it dawg."
"Oh I do. You dragged some bimbo up here at four in the morning, making so much noise you woke everybody up."
"Including Shelly."
"Yeah. You got rid of the of the silicone slut and pounded on Shelly's door as you professed your undying love for her."
"Shit! And everybody heard?"
"Yeah."
"So what'd she do?"
"She basically told you to stay the hell away from her and I can't really blame her."
"Like she was so much better draped all over you last night."
"So you do remember some of last night after all."
"Unfortunately."
"I was just playing along dude. I honestly didn't think she'd take it as far as she did but I can certainly see why you want to keep her all to yourself."
"Nice. Very nice." Removing the soda can from his head and popping the top.
"I'm sorry but she is hot but she's not in love with me."
"You're saying she's in love with me?"
"Are you blind? Wait a minute, that's the blonde coming through,"AJ teased.
"I wouldn't be talking Mr. Clean."
"I can see you got your sense of humor back now but you're a moron if you didn't see that one coming. You should be her rebound guy but for some reason, she digs you and it works for you two."
Sliding his fingers through the short strands of his golden locks, he looked to his friend. "So what do I do?"
"Let her cool off a couple of days. Most likely she'll come to you."
"You think?"He furrowed his brows.
" Shit Nick, if she doesn't, there is something seriously wrong in this world."