- Text Size +
"Whatcha doin' baby?" Nick greeted when she answered her cell that afternoon.
"Well, I picked up Theresa from the airport and now we're shopping."
"I've met her haven't I?"
"Yes. She's the one AJ wants to jump." Grinning at her friend; earning a dirty look from the woman that was sampling the perfumes and lotions at Victoria's Secret with her.
"He told you and didn't tell me? I'm hurt."
"Don't pull the crushed friend on me you butthead."
He chuckled. "Tell her AJ can't wait to get his hands all over her." Which in turn earned Nick a glare from the nearby party.
"I'll make sure I do. So what's going on with you?"
"Interviews."
"Fun."
"So what are you shopping for?"
"I'm a woman. Do I really need a reason?"
She heard the pause.
"Oh! Bad girlfriend! I totally spaced your Birthday. I'm so sorry,"Shelly teased as Theresa held up a very revealing piece of lingerie.
"Ha, ha. So really....
"You'll just have to wait."
"So you didn't forget."
"I couldn't considering it's my Mom's Birthday as well.... Oh Snap! I gotta call her too."
"Just wait til your Birthday comes around."
"I wouldn't be making threats there junior until you know what you're getting for your special day."
"So it's something I want then."
"You could say that."
"So you're not even gonna give me a hint?"
"What fun would that be?"
"I knew there was a reason I liked you."
She laughed as Theresa held up something a little more risque to view." Now who's funny?"
"You love me and you know it."
"Yeah I do but don't tell anybody. They might get the wrong idea." Shelly teased but she knew tonight would be the night she actually said the words.
"Wouldn't want that."
"So you really want a hint?"
"You're toying with me beautiful."
"No. I'll give you a hint if you want one."
"Okay. Lay it on me."
If he only knew that was the plan."Let's just say it's something that won't disappoint."
"That's not a hint."
"That's the best I'm gonna give you gorgeous. I've gotta go. Theresa's picking out something to wear for AJ and needs my full attention. Kisses."
"Back atcha baby."And hung up.
"So Theresa's in town?" AJ inquired eagerly.
"Yeah."
"What's wrong buddy?"
"I thought you would at least wanna hang out with me on my birthday."
"Oh come on Nicky. I have every year for how many years now? It's nothing personal. It's just that there's a woman involved."
"I know."
"Did you stop to think maybe yours has plans for you?"
"You know something I don't?"
"She's in love with you. That's all I know. I swear,"he lied. He was in on the whole charade.

"You know what I had to go through to get this damn thing?" Handing Theresa the key card Shelly needed.
"I know and I will show you some appreciation later on. Meanwhile, a preview,"Theresa said and quickly captured his lips and turned a light shade of pink as she pulled away.
"Shame on you."
"I'll see you later." Theresa smiled and made her way toward Shelly's dressing room. She knocked before entering at Shelly's approval."You about ready to go?"
"Yeah. Give me just a few more minutes and I'll be ready."
There was another knock at the door. Theresa answered it."Oh Shel. The Birthday boy is here."
She knew he'd be coming around before they went on. He always did. Shelly came out of the bathroom in a pair of jeans and a pink turtleneck. She pulled the matching angora sweater over her head as she approached him. She noticed Theresa was holding the card where it was visible and Nick had noticed it too. Theresa quickly slipped it inito her pocket.
"Your room key?" He looked to Theresa.
"Yeah. Just making sure I still had it. I'll leave you two alone for a minute. I'm sure AJ won't mind if I bug him a little bit more."Smiling as she left the room.
"Alone at last,"Shelly said and pulled Nick against her;their mouths instantly fused. Pulling away breathlessly she said,"Happy Birthday loverboy."
"I think we should celebrate my Birthday everyday."Kissing her yet again.
Not wanting to let him go as she felt his desire growing against her body, she had to repress her urge to have him at that very moment."Slow her down hot lips. I've got a present for you."
"You mean that wasn't it?"
"Much as I would love to say yes, no it wasn't but hold on,"she said and retrieved the flat, rectangular box wrapped in irredescent red with a sparkling gold bow on it.
"What is this?"
"Open it." She twisted her lip nervously between her teeth; praying he would remember.
Tearing the paper away, he lifted the lid to find the shiny, silver bracelets laying in a bed of cotton. Handcuffs. The knowing smile growing on his face.
He remembered.
"Will we be using these tonight?"
"Depends."
"You are gonna be the death of me woman."
"I hope not."
"I hope not either. So I'm assuming you'll be hanging out with Theresa tonight."
"Not sure. She could drop me for AJ. Imagine that. Might be a better kisser than me."
"You are trying to kill me but I still love you."
"I love you too."
And there it was. She finally said it. No special setting. Nothing. It was out there and he knew she'd finally let him into her heart. He pulled her into his arms after setting the box down."Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Have you ever done that?"
"Done what?" She teased.
He groaned."I've gotta go. I'll see you later?"
"Call me after the show. You know how us girls get."
"That's what worries me."
"Be nice or you'll never get to use those things."
"Fine," he said reluctantly.
"Don't get all pouty on me. There are about sixteen thousand screaming women out there just wishing they had your sexy ass so go out and give em a lil tease for me would ya?"
"Well I wouldn't wanna disappoint the fans."
"Of course not. Knock 'em dead,"she said and brushed her lips against his.
"And you behave because I can find a use for these no matter what the occasion." Giving her a wink as he picked up his gift and left the room; passing by Theresa.
Once he was gone, she looked at her friend."He knows doesn't he?"
"Doesn't have a clue but he does plan on using those things tonight."
"You've done your job then, now it's time to......well, you know what time it is."