- Text Size +
Fuck! This wasn't right! She wasn't supposed to have any scandal til at least the whole Nick thing blew up. Oh yeah she was but still. Flipping her friend's phone shut, she slipped out of the compartment and stomped to the front of the bus where her friend lay casually watching the remainder of the program. Shelly jerked the refrigerator door open and pulled out a Smirnoff Mango cooler. She plopped down on the makeshift bed; downing half the bottle before a word was spoken between the two of them."I hate men."
"Even Nick?"Theresa questioned.
"He's male isn't he?" Taking another swig of her drink before being relieved of it." Hey!" She protested the loss of her instant security blanket.
"You don't mean that."
"The hell I don't."
"I hate it when alcohol takes over you girl."
"I'm not drunk yet."
"Yeah but you're not thinking rationally and it won't help you any either. First off, you need to apologize to AJ because he's being nothing but nice to you and very supportive of you and Nick. Secondly, Nick is genuinely worried about you chica. He doesn't like to see you hurt."
"He just doesn't want to lose his piece of ass." Retrieving the alcholic beverage from her friend.
"Don't you dare make him a bad guy. Any guy that would wait that long for sex is worth holding onto because you know that's not all he's interested in. You're just pissed off because you played a game and got caught. Get over it!"
"You're not the one being called a slut on national TV!" As she got up off the bed.
"No I'm not but I also know that there are two guys on that other bus that care very much about your welfare. Brent pretends because he has to. Nick nor AJ don't have to. They can play nice til the end of the work day but they are the ones that have been there for you from the very beginning and for Nick to put up with your ass this long, the guy should get sainthood because you're more of a brat than he'll ever be."
"Why are you being so mean to me?"
"Because you're acting like a little girl right now Shel. You're my bestie but you know deep down it's all true."
Shelly sighed frustratedly." How do you put with me?"
"Damned if I know but if you figure it out let me know k?"
"Will do but in the meantime, I owe a lot of people apologies here. Starting with you."
"You know I love you girlie. You just gotta learn to deal with this. It's part of your life now."
"Thank you. Now hit AJ up. I have to do some major groveling."
"I don't think that's such a good idea."
"Why?"
"Shel, the guy defended your honor there on national TV and you rip him a new one. Give him a little breathing room. Trust me. I know him a lot better than you do."
"Just because you canoodle with him?"
"You learn a lot about a person from snuggling. The whole thing with you and Nick didn't just happen overnight."
"Fine. I think I'll take a short snooze lady." She added sarcastically,"If that's okay."
"I think you need a good swift kick is what I think. Do what you want."
She wasn't dealing with this very well. In fact, she just wasn't dealing with it and wished the world would just go away. And it would in a few hours. She'd be wrapped up in Nick's arms and all would be right again.


"Don't," AJ ordered as he noticed Nick picking up his cellular.
"She needs me."
"She needs someone to yell at and you'll be the easiest target."
"I'm worried about her."
"Don't! She's a big girl. She'll get over it."
"I know you're pissed Age but -
"But what?! I defend your girl's honor in front of God and everybody and she rips me a goddam new one! You think I should be happy about that?!"
"Well...no but she'll apologize."
"Don't stick up for her. She's a grown woman and she was all over me just to piss you off that night so don't be trying to tell me she's a fuckin angel Nicky!"
"She's not but she's not as heartless as you think she is."
"She lumped me into the category of prick with the media buddy boy! Defend her one more time and I'll rip you a new one Nicky Gene!" AJ stormed to the back of the bus.
Dammit! That just didn't sound like Shel but he knew if he so much as picked up his phone to check on her, AJ'd have his ass on a golden platter. Sure she took it out on him. He heard the conversation on his side but something just didn't fit here. His best friend was pissed off at his girlfriend for something they both played a part in. AJ had no right to make her out to be the complete culprit. Granted, he was in the middle of this war but for the time being, he was gonna remain Switzerland( or whatever the hell neutral country that was they used) as long as he could.