- Text Size +
Dammit! Why hadn't Nick called?! Probably because he was as pissed off as AJ was. Either that or AJ threatened him with bodily harm and knew he could do it too. Shit! She really needed him right now and she'd most likely alienated all the people she could depend on right now. Her 'bestie' was somewhere around here but she wasn't sure if she was just there to monitor everything she said or if she was there to support her. She'd been such a bitch to her as well, she wouldn't be surprised if she was with AJ as soon as this was all over. Her fist tightened around her cell phone as the make up artist cotinued applying her foundation. They'd barely arrived at their hotel before she had to hit the ground running. She wasn't so sure she wanted to be a pop star anymore. Oh! what a fabulous life. Your manager constantly on your ass about every word you speak, people thinking the worst of you.Yeah, that was fucking great! She sarcastically thought to herself.
"So is he as freaky as they say he is?" The 'flaming' cosmetician drew her out of her thoughts.
"Excuse me?!"
"Oh don't pretend with me honey. You're hot and if I were a straight man, I'd be all over that luscious ass of yours."
"Is that so?"
"Angel, you are prime real estate and any man fool enough not to buy doesn't deserve it."
"Then I guess he didn't."
"Hold up girlfriend! You mean you and freak boy?" He raised his brow knowingly.
"I guess I'm not as hot as you think."
"That's where you're wrong. So he really was saving your good name. I should be so lucky to hook up with a man like that."
"Did I miss something girlie?" Theresa suspiciously eyed the makeup artist as she took a sip of her coffee.
"Your girl here was just telling me that the freak boy doesn't spread lies about his conquests."
"Oh really?"
"I just told him the truth. We danced, we kissed. End of story. Reason why AJ destroyed a papparazzi's living,"Shelly glared at her friend whom was sending her a scolding eye.
"I believe you honey but you know there are a bunch of little girls out in that audience and I do mean little girls that think you slept with their main squeeze."
"Let 'em. They're gonna blame me for him getting sued for the camera equipment anyway."
"Why defend an old bag like you anyway?" The young female voice entered the room.
She turned her head and found the voice of her accuser. Figures. Sweet young thing dressed in next to nothing hoping perhaps that AJ himself would be there so she could get a little piece of the action she thought Shelly had already got."And you would be?"
"Tyra's intern but that doesn't mean I have to like you."
"No it doesn't but you do have to treat me like a guest on her show so until I'm not, you'll show me a little respect or you may have a very short career. Am I clear?"
"Yeah ya old bitty,"she mumbled.
"What was that?"
"Nothing. I was sent to let you know that we're on air in ten minutes. Is there anything I can get for you and your friend Miss Taylor?"
"No and Thank you."
"No problem." The young girl painted a smile on her face before closing the door behind them.
"Okay what'd you do with my friend?"Theresa commented.
"That's what I'm up against huh?"Shelly scrunched her forehead.
Theresa and the young man nodded in unison and then he added,"You're gonna be fine honey. Nobody's ever let her have it like that."
Gre-e-e-a-at!


"Welcome back to the show. Today we're talking with rising stars and how they came to fame with reality tv. Right now we're talking to Shelly Taylor, winner of last year's America's Most Talented. So we've talked about what it is you did before you became the pop star you are, how you lucked into just about every girl's dream in this audience of touring with the Backstreet Boys, now I think we know the burning question on everybody's mind since that TMZ piece just last night. Did you or didn't you?" Tyra leaned her elbow on her crossed leg and waited in anticipation with the rest of the audience.
Shelly took a deep breath. She knew this was coming but she hadn't anticipated that they'd look like a pack of hungry wolves. Maybe that's just what it felt like."Well Tyra, it's not quite as sordid as everybody wants to believe. We danced, we kissed. End of story. I'm sure we've all gone out with a guy friend and that's where the evening ended up."
"True but when you're life's on display like ours, people tend to see more than there is thus the camera man incident."
"Unfortunately and I could do nothing to stop him until it was too late."
"Couldn't or didn't?"
"You've all seen the video. Judge for yourself." Tyra had been kind up to that point but it was apparent she was just as hungry for all the horny details as the rest of them. Shelly's blood was starting to boil even more. She'd seen Tyra's show. She knew the girl asked hard hitting questions but when you're the one under the heatlamp, it's a whole other kettle of fish to fry. She was all alone there on the stage for this one. Theresa unable to hold her hand and Nick unable to put his arms around her and make it all go away. She'd done it to herself but the fact remained that she was still as human as the rest of the world and she made mistakes. She finally noticed the perplexed expression Tyra was wearing when she responded to Shelly.
"Well you heard it here first. We'll come back after the break and take some questions from the audience." Once they were clear, she turned to her guest." I'm sorry I had to do that to you. You know what's gonna happen once I get out there amongst them don't you?"
"Yeah. I'll try to be on my best behavior." As they shared a laugh.
"You're a cool chick Shelly. I gotta find my first question out there. Good luck."And left her guest on the couch.
"Okay, we're back and ready to take some questions from the audience."Tyra smiled brightly as she approached the first audience member." So you have a question for Shelly I understand." Holding the microphone there.
"Yeah. I wanna know why AJ defended you when he's been through a whole slew of women over the years that he didn't feel the need to do so?"
"I think that's something you'd need to ask him. He's a good guy and I believe he'd defend any woman he felt worthy of the action,"Shelly responded.
The girl shrunk back into her seat as though Shelly was supposed to attack her for that one. The next one was even worse.
"So what would you like to ask Shelly?" Tyra held the microphone for her to respond.
"Yeah but you're old. We all know your 'honor' is long gone. I don't get why he felt the need to help you out."
Shelly hesitated for a minute. She could get real nasty here but she simply responded," Just because my 'honor' is long gone doesn't mean I jump into bed with every man I meet. Love and respect have to be involved before I get 'involved' and age is just a number. I have friends of all ages because I like to have a diverse variety of them."
"Yeah but you slept with him."
Shelly remained cool and calm." I danced with him. I kissed him. End of story. I can't say anymore than that because the majority of you will believe what you want."
"On that note, I think we're gonna take another break." On the return, Tyra smiled for the camera and said," We've run out of time but I'd like to thank all of our guests today and we'll see you tomorrow!" The ads started playing.
Shelly calmly left the stage and slammed the door to her dressing room. Theresa knocked."Go away!"Shelly bellowed.
"Shel, it's Theresa. Come on."
Shelly jerked the door open and returned to the swivel chair she'd pushed herself into a dizzying circle in already.
"You did great out there girlie."
"Did I?"
"Yeah. You stood up for AJ. I didn't think you were going to."
"Why wouldn't I? He's been nothing but nice to me since the get go. He was the one that talked them into bringing me on their tour. Did you know that?"
"You never told me that."
"I thought that little fact just might add more fuel to their fire."
"Yes it would. So should we head back to the hotel chica?"
"Good idea."

AJ turned to Nick when he heard Shelly's remark that afternoon.
"I think she handled that rather well don't you?" Nick raised his brow.
"Just cuz she did that doesn't mean a thing Carter."
"So she basically apologizes to you on national TV and you're still pissed off at her?"
"What do you want from me? To tell you that you were right? I can't. I've been nothing but good to her and she took me apart for saving her good name."
"And there on national TV, she told the world that you would have done the same for any woman you deemed it necessary. I don't give a fuck if you don't ever wanna talk to her again but she is my girlfriend and like it or not, I am going to console her because she does need some consoling."
"No, you just need some consoling is all."
"Fuck you Mclean. She tried to do the right thing and you can't get past that. When you do, you know where I'll be."He started for the door.
"Hold on Nick! You're right. I'm just being a petty fucker now. I was just as much to blame for that kiss as she was if truth be told."
"What?" He turned around to face AJ with a puzzled look on his face.
"I never told you this but I did it just to push your buttons. I wanted you to admit you liked her more than you let on because I was the only one not in denial about the whole thing."
"I should be pissed but you did get me to admit to it that night."
"So we're cool?"
"We're cool and you're gonna talk to Shelly?"
"Soon as you're done 'consoling' her." He teased.