- Text Size +
"You were really good there Shel,"Brent said as he escorted Theresa and herself toward her room on their floor.
"I was?"Shelly stopped in her tracks. Brent was the last person she expected to compliment her on that.
"You handled that audience like a charm. You spoke your mind without going out of bounds."
"Well, thank you. I just did what I thought was right despite the fact I wanted to rip their little heads off."
"And you will again along the way but that just the start of what you'd have to go through with dating one of them."
"What exactly are you trying to say Brent?"Theresa interrupted as she stood by her friend's side.
"I don't care who you sleep with Shel, just try to be a little more discreet about it next time okay?"
"I don't believe this guy!" Theresa balled up her hand into a fist.
Shelly noticed the tightening in her friend's hand and grabbed the other one; silently begging her to control her temper."I know you think you're trying to protect me here Brent but as I think we've gone over, we wouldn't be having this discussion if I were one of your male clients. You'd be congratulating me for the hot piece I got over a beer. Just because we're women doesn't mean we don't desire sex any less than men. We just get judged for it is all."
" I know it's not right but that's the way women are perceived."
" You're a goddam male chauvenist pig like the rest of them!"
"No. I just know rock stars."
"You don't know these rock stars. They've gone through their ' I'm gonna bang every chick I see' days long ago. You wanna believe it because that's the way you live."
"Just be careful Shel. I wouldn't want you to get a Paris Hilton type of repuation."
"Oh that is it!" Theresa's fist went flying into Brent's cheek as the door to AJ's room opened.
"What the hell?!" AJ looked at Theresa; smirking but in obvious pain after the blow she just dealt.
"What's going on?"Nick looked at the two standing there with Brent clutching his cheek.
"I want her gone now Shelly." Brent rubbed his cheek but his ego was bruised more than anything.
"Why? So you can keep calling me a slut without any consequences?" Shelly looked at him.
Nick's eyes widened. He so wanted to beat the living hell out of the man at that very moment but even he knew better."Is this true?"
"I didn't call her a slut. I just told her to be more discreet about who she shares a bed with."
AJ was now examing Theresa's hand and looked over at Brent himself." I think Shelly may be in need of a new road manager. I danced with her and kissed her that night but I left her at her door. Alone! We're friends. We had a good time one night and everybody's turning it into a fucking relationship. I'm dating her friend for God's sake!"
Brent looked at AJ then he looked to Shelly. Nick had just slipped his arm around her waist." I know I'm not seeing that."
"I didn't think it was any of your business whom I was sharing a bed with Brent."
"I guess it doesn't matter to you either,"Brent commented and Theresa was just about to go at him again.
Nick grabbed Brent by the collar and pushed him up against a wall."I don't know who the hell you think you are talking to her like she's one of your little groupies but she is your client and you are here to make her happy, not to meddle in her personal life but if I didn't know better I'd think you wanted to make her another notch on your bedpost."
"So how long have ya been bangin her Nicky boy?"
Shelly saw the flare in Nick's eyes and grabbed his shoulder."Nick. Please. He's not worth the effort."
Nick loosened his grip on Brent and Brent straightened himself up."You ain't even seen hell Shelly." Walking away from the group.
Shelly followed him and blocked the elevator when they reached it. He may have not been worth the effort but she'd be damned if she was going to let him get away with that last remark. "I've put up with a lot of your shit because I'm the new kid on the block here but I'll be damned if I'll let a little prick like you threaten me!"
"That wasn't a threat,"Brent replied calmly.
"Bullshit! I know what the fuck I'm in for and if you think threatening me with all the hell I'm gonna go through is gonna get me into your bed, you're sadly mistaken Mr.Richards."
"I wouldn't want you now anyway. Sloppy seconds just aren't my style."
"Funny how that works considering you're just the road manager."
"I'm the one that gets them backstage."
"So now I see how this works. Nothing in it for you then you really don't have to put in any effort for fans to meet me cuz I can assure there have been some very attractive offers for me along the way that if I were any other type of woman, I would have taken them in a heartbeat."
"Why didn't you?"
"Let's see, the guy standing down there waiting to rip your heart out through your throat and secondly, I had a serious boyfriend when I started this whole little game. So, in the future, Mr. Richards, if there is a fan or fans that would like to meet me, you will make sure that they are accomodated. Am I clear?"
"You can't threaten me Shelly."
"Oh I think I can because I think they'd be interested in hearing how you sexually harrassed your client."
"I never touched you."
"You didn't have to. Just the unequal opportunity mentality you have is enough ammunition."
"Shel?" Nick approached the two."I think you need to cool off a little bit."
"I think she does too,"Brent added.
"Don't push it asshole. I backed off because she asked me to. If I had my way....let's just say it wouldn't be pretty."
"You two are made for each other."
"I'll take that as a compliment. Now if you think you can handle yourself in a professional manner, I don't think I'll be needing to make that call."
"Not at this time."
"Good. Now I'm going to check on my friend." Shelly took Nick's hand and they made their way toward AJ's room where the door was still open."Theresa." Shelly called out.
"I'm in the bathroom."
They reached the bathroom and Theresa's hand was running under some cool water."Where's AJ?"
"He went to get me some ice."
"I am so sorry about all this Theresa."
"Why? The little shit called you a slut. I don't have manners like you do when it comes to stuff like that."
"Nice right hook there girl,"Nick complimented her." I've been wanting to do that to him for quite some time now."
"Why didn't you?"
"Because it would have made me just as low as him. That's not me."
"And I am?"
"He deserved it but murder is just wrong and I kinda like my freedom,"Nick teased.
Theresa laughed but winced when her hand came out from under the cool stream.
"Here we go."AJ pushed through the couple with a bucket of ice and opened a small, white hand towel; adding the ice and applying it to her hand. "So what'd you do to get him to back off this time Shel?"
"I threatened him with sexual harrassment."
"Man, you are rubbing off on her,"AJ teased Theresa.
"So we're speaking again?" Shelly looked at AJ.
"Kinda sounds like we're talking."
"Yeah we're talking but I want you to know how sorry I am for attacking you the way I did. I shouldn't have. It's not who I am."
"I know. You've got good friends Shel."
"So do you." She smiled. "But if you don't mind, you two have been keeping me from my boyfriend and I really have missed him."
"I so did not need to hear that. Just go."
Once Nick's door was closed behind them, he looked her in the eye."You gonna be okay?"
"I'm gonna be fine Nick. Just shut up and kiss me." Pulling his mouth closer to hers.
"Shel."
"Nick. I've missed you. I just wanna forget about the world for the next 24 hours because we can." Slipping her fingers into his hair."Please?"
He knew they should be talking about their plan of attack when the news did hit but as long as they'd been separated and when she gave him THE eyes, he couldn't resist. He grabbed her ass and pulled her tight against himself. He kissed her hungrily and backed her against the nearest wall.
"God! I missed you!" She tugged at his T-shirt.
"You don't know how much I missed you babygirl."Pulling his shirt off and tearing her blouse open. He bent and nipped through the lace of her bra before pushing it righ over her breasts. She fumbled with the button on his jeans before managing to get the zipper down. Pushing the material down, she could feel him shoving her skirt up enough to access what he needed. He pushed aside her dampened panties and plunged deep inside her. One leg wrapped around him as the primal instinct kicked in and he pulled the other up around himself. His thrusts more volatile than he'd ever been with her but the need had never been so much before.
"OH! GOD! NICK!......Ohhhhhhh!" Her body surrendered to her sudden need.
He grunted in response to her as he found himself giving into the warmth of her. She clung to him.
"Thank you,"she whispered in his ear as they rest against the wall; tangled up in one another.
Thank you! The world could wait a little longer.