- Text Size +
"Remind me why we stayed out all night before an early morning meeting,"AJ grumbled as he and Nick groggily made their way toward the conference room that morning.
"Damned if I remember. It certainly wasn't...." Yawning." Worth it."
"You mind covering your mouth when you do that. Only women find that sexy on you."
"Come on J. You know you love it."
"Not like that little hottie that was all up in your business last night."
"Oh yeah. That was the reason we stayed out all night." Nick grinned as he pushed the door open only to be greeted by a pushed out chair."Shit!" He groaned as he doubled over. The owner of that chair had great aim. He'd be lucky to have children.
Shelly turned to find what fate had dealt her this time. She was nervous enough as it was but David was being a prick. On today of all days. She realized she'd just taken down the youngest member of the group. Not that he was a kid anymore. Definitely not a kid if she could do that much damage to him."Oh man! I'm so sorry. I'm just so nervous and my boyfriend's being a major ass and Oh God! Is he gonna be okay?" She looked nervously at AJ.
AJ chuckled at his friend's misfortune despite the fact that he knew his pain."I think he'll live. You must be Shelly."
Nick finally found his footing again.
"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" She finally was able to catch a good look at those big blue eyes of his. Oh dear lord help me! This cannot be happening. She could barely handle one man in her life and those gorgeous eyes looking back at her wasn't helping the total embarrassment she was feeling. Nor could she hide it.
"Children may be out of the question for awhile but I'll survive." She was older but damn! she put that girl at the club last night to shame. He knew Shelly was older but it didn't take away the fact that she was smoking hot. The personality SO did not match the outside.
"That just helped so much." Did he know how absolutely adorable he was when he grinned like that? Oh! this was bad. Really, really bad. He was a kid. She shouldn't be thinking of him like that. Why not? Because she had a man she reminded herself. One that was pushing himself out of her life. Purposely she thought as well.
"You know it's really cute how you blush."
"Ummm....thank you."
AJ found himself slowly being excluded. Didn't take a genius to see the sparks starting to fly between those two. Could be a good thing if she gave up her boyfriend. From the sounds of it, she just might. He walked toward the other end of the room with his Starbuck's in hand to meet the other two members of their entourage.
"What's going on there?"Howie inquired.
"She backed her chair out as Nick and I were walking in the room and Wham! right in the family jewels. Didn't know what hit him."
"Oww,"Brian commented.
"Yeah. I definitely felt his pain but this isn't the first time she's run into him."
"She was the one at the studio?"Howie said
"That's how we found her."
"I've seen that look before. This is not going to end well."
"Because she's older? I think she could be really good for him. The inside does not match the outside with her."
"I think he's right,"Brian agreed.
"I'm Nick." He offered his hand and that lopsided grin he was so famous for.
"Shelly." She accepted his hand and felt the electricity. Could he feel it? No. She was just another girl to him. She was sure of it. "Well...ummmm, if you're gonna be okay, I'm gonna go take care of that phone call now. You know, the asshole,"she joked and he laughed. That was genuine laughter. When was the last time David laughed like that? Never.
She was hot but she didn't act like she owned it. It was nice for a change." Be careful there. You know men, they can be real pricks,"he teased.
"I'll keep that in mind. I won't be long. I promise."
He was counting on that. What he hadn't been counting on was her getting under his skin so fast. Maybe it was just the fantasy of an older woman. Yeah, that was it.