- Text Size +
"Shel? Shel? You in there?" Theresa nudged her unresponsive friend.
"Huh?" Shelly turned her head to Theresa.
"Get it together girlie. You've been practically comatose since the news broke yesterday."
"And you've already seen the effects of it last night. They boo'ed me off the stage."
"Well you didn't expect them to welcome you with open arms after receiving the news that the youngest member of the Backstreet Boys is dating again. Top that off with you being older than him and that's where their hatred comes from. We've been on the fan side of this remember Shel? There was a time when you really hated Leigh Anne because Brian was your man."
"Still doesn't make it any easier."
"Well you can put on your big girl panties and take whatever they throw your way tonight or you can cower in here like a wimp and let them win by letting them believe they got the best of you. I know you girlie. You're stronger than the masses out there. You've already overcome the toughest obstacle."
"And what's that?"
"Brent."
Shelly rolled her eyes. Yes, he was an asshole but she didn't think he was the biggest barrier in her life at that moment. The little groupies were going to be out in full force because Nick shouldn't be with anybody but them, much less an 'old bag' like her. She'd seen the twitter's and the comments left on Live Daily. She knew in her mind it was trash talk. She did it herself but to her friends. Not etched into the memory of cyberspace for eternity. "Um...okay."
And at that very minute, he walked into the dressing room without so much as a polite knock with an 'are you decent in there?' shoutout. The guy was short on tact. No doubt about it and Theresa was short on it herself sometimes but she knew when to draw the line. This wasn't one of those times."Do you know how to knock?"
"I figure she's willing to show it off to the world why does it matter?"
"You have got to be the dumbest sonofabitch I've ever met."
"What are you still doing here with her anyway?"
"I am in the room!" Shelly turned to the battling duo.
"It lives."
"First of all asshole, YOU don't dictate my personal life and secondly, she's AJ's girlfriend so she has every right to be wherever the hell she wants around here. Now, is there something I can do for you?"
"Yeah, I'm yanking you off the tour."
"And I told you that I'm fulfilling my contract."
"Not if I have anything to say about it."
"Haven't we discussed this?"
"Yes and I'm still doing it."
No more Miss Nice Guy! "Then let's just throw a little sexual misconduct toward your superior's ears and see how SHE takes it."
"How'd you know?"
"You forget whom my boyfriend is. No, wait. You haven't. That's it right there. You still can't handle the fact that I turned you down flat."
"You've lost your fucking mind Shelly."
"No. I haven't. You've got it in for me so figure you'd break the news before he and I could. Am I wrong?" The look in his eye gave her the answer she knew was true.
"Why do they get to have all the fun?"
"Do you think it's fun having your name dragged through the mud? Having people assume you're gay the better part of your career? Do you think that's fun for the Boys? Hmmmmm? Cuz I can guarantee you wouldn't last a day in any one of their pairs of shoes buddy."
"He's gonna break your heart Shelly."
"Well don't be waiting by your phone because it sure as hell ain't gonna be your shoulder I'm looking to cry on. Now get out you little skeeze before I find Amy's number here. I do believe I have it on speed dial now." Lifting the phone up in a threat to call his boss.
"Whatever. " He left the room; slamming the door closed behind himself.
"Oh high five girlie!" Theresa complimented. "Do you really have her number?"
"I'll never tell." Shelly grinned deviantly. She was gonna go out there and show the world that she wasn't afraid of a few rabid Backstreet Boys fans. It was only day number two and they had a long way to go.
"That's my girl but listen lady, I'm gonna go see how the soundcheck's going . See how the little tramps.... I mean fans are reacting."
Shelly laughed and hugged her friend."Thank you ."
"For what?"
"Your support."
"Chica, you know that's what I'm there for. That's what a GOOD friend does. Catch ya later." Leaving Shelly to prep for the show.



"He's SO not gonna be able to resist having the two of us,"the anorexic looking girl stated proudly to her friend."Come on,"she urged as she took her hand. They approached Nick."Hey Nicky. You been behavin?" She purred.
"Do I know you?" He responded.
She slapped his chest playfully."You're funny. Cindy,"she whispered in his ear.
He searched his memory for a Cindy. Cindy! but no! Shelly!"Much as I love this Cindy, I can't."
"You could have me AND my friend Tiffany."
Tiffany, the brunette leaned on his shoulder and smiled.
"Ladies. I don't know who let you get this close but I am taken."
"You mean that old prune?" Cindy scrunched her nose up."What do you want with her. Surely she can't go as long as we could,"Cindy purred.
Detaching the pair from his body, he looked at them both."I'm really flattered and if you don't leave of your own free will, I will have you removed."
"She changed you baby."
"I'm not your sweetheart little girl. Let it go."
Cindy wasn't used to being turned down and she wasn't giving up." Little girl. You obviously forgotten what I can do for you. What we COULD do for you." She raised her brow.
"Oh My God! Nick! How could you?! You promised me I was all yours tonight,"Theresa cut in between the girls and dragged her finger down his chest.
Not really knowing what to do and knew AJ would kill him if he wasn't in on it, he played along anyway."What would we tell AJ?"
"AJ doesn't have to know."
He slid his arms down around Theresa's waist."Sorry ladies. I'm booked for the night."
"Really?" The plastic chested California spray on tanned blonde looked at him; hands on hips.
"Give it up Cind. He's not interested,"Tiffany said.
"She must be one great piece of ass to give up all this."
"Come on Cindy. I think they do some weird shit that we don't want to get into."
"Like?"
"Girlfriend swapping."
"Speaking of which, aren't you Shelly's best friend?"Cindy said.
"Yeah I am. It's all worked out actually. One night a week we trade off. Nick's a great fuck. But then, you already knew that or you wouldn't be trying to climb all over his stick now would you?"Theresa raised her brow knowingly.
"That's some sick shit,"Tiffany stated disgustedly and grabbed her friend's hand."We're getting the hell away from here before we catch what they have." The blonde reluctantly followed her friend .
As soon as they were out of the arena, Theresa let go of Nick.
"Thanks for saving my butt." Nick let out a sigh of relief.
"It was nothing Nicky. Just don't be expecting it every stop because I can assure you they're gonna try every trick in the book to lure you away from Shel. You break her heart and well,"Theresa said; her eyes darted downward then back up.
"I get the picture and you don't have to worry about that. People can say what they want but what matters is how we feel about each other."
"I knew there was a reason I liked you."
"And now I know why AJ digs you."
"You have been hanging around Shel too long."
"What?!"
"Dig? You're only three years older than me Nick. We didn't grow up using those words but I'm glad she did rub off on you."
"Me too. Speaking of which, she in her dressing room?"
"Yeah but please don't make me have to rub up on you ever again?"
"Why? You didn't like?"
"Not a bit but I'm a damn good actress now aren't I?"
"Yes you are. Thanks again Theresa. She's lucky to have you."
"I know"
Nick knocked on her door and she opened it without question. That was odd. She never did that before."You okay baby?"
Shelly sat down at the make up mirror and stared into it."I don't wanna be a popstar no more."She pouted.
He kneeled down on the floor next to her chair and took her hand."Shel, look at me."
She turned her head and looked into his eyes. He was amazing. He hadn't given up on her(even though the rest of the world had). "I hate this."
" I know babe but hang in there okay? In a couple of weeks they'll forget all about the age difference and you'll just be known as the evil bitch that stole my heart."
Shelly snickered."Cute."
"Well you do love that about me don't you? My charming sense of humor is what lured you in." He grinned that sweet, lopsided grin of his.
"You're incorrigible sometimes."
"But you still love me right?"
Like she had to think about it but she loved teasing him about . He was the best thing that ever happened to her. No way she was giving that up. Just as he was about to 'convince' her, she said,"Always."