- Text Size +
"Just let me talk to them Shel. I'm sure they'd do it in a heartbeat,"Nick argued two days later as they were entering the management firm.
"You think I like this anymore than you do?! If I ask for anything more, they're gonna start labeling me a diva. That's not what I want to be known as. I love what I'm doing and I want to continuing doing it without being considered a bitch by everyone in the industry."
" Please Shelly. I just want things to go smoothly for you. I care about what happens to you."
"I know you do Nick but the only time you're gonnna have to see her is if you come to visit me on the road. I think it's best if we just hang in there and let it run it's course. I've only got a couple months left on the road before I have a break. I 'm looking forward to it. To ravaging you on a daily basis."Slipping her arms around his neck."If I weren't being a lady, I'd take ya here in the elevator."
"What's stopping ya?" And grinned.
"The fact that we're here." The doors slowly gliding open.
"Fine."
Taking his hand and leading him off, she stopped him in front of the bank of elevators and whispered in his ear,"I make no promises afterward."
He groaned. " You are gonna be the death of me Shel."
"Yeah but at least you'll die a happy man." Then kissed him like she never would have the chance again. "Now let's get going before I make a bad impression on your ex,"she teased. It wasn't going to be easy but like they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Nick's grip on her hand was as tight as it had ever been. She wasn't looking forward to this anymore than he was but she was glad he was here for the support. Shelly pushed the conference room door open but was unprepared for the sight in front of them.
"Please tell me I'm having a nightmare,"Nick mumbled to Shelly.
"I wished to God you were."What to do? What to do? She was confused more than stunned.
"I want to rip that guy a new asshole Shel."
"I don't understand Nick."
"HE's the reason she and I split up."
"Justin is the reason you two split up?"
"We can hear you down here you know,"Skylar said; straightening her ruffled blouse.
"Would somebody mind filling me in here?" Shelly said.
"She slept with Justin. That's why we split up."
"No. The reason we split up is because my little sister lost her virginity to Nicky."
"That is bullshit Sky! I slept with your sister because he couldn't keep his hands off you!" Nick shot back.
"She cried her eyes out over you Nick. Don't tell me you weren't the first."
"I was the first that meant anything to get between her legs. Mr. Wonderful there had the honor of being the first man to have her."
Justin attempted to conceal the smirk but he couldn't help himself. He loved getting the best of Nick."Jealous because they both liked me better Carter?" Egging him on.
Nick was about to fly across the room at him when Shelly interveened." I don't give a fuck who was better to the both of them right you little shit but I want your ass and my boyfriend's out of here so I can take care of business with Skylar. Got it?!" Shelly glared at Justin.
"She's so lovely Skylar. I don't know why you think I should tour with her."
"Oh hell no! There is no way she's going on tour with you, ya little prick!" Nick bellowed.
"Nick,"Shelly said and backed him out of the conference room. "He's trying to get the best of you and you're letting him do it. He's a conceited little prick I'll give you that but play nice for me please? Just long enough for me to get things done in there okay?"
Nick huffed.
"I'll make it worth your while." Shelly purred as she slid a finger down the middle of his chest." That I guarantee."
He bit his lip then reluctantly agreed."The things I do for you."
"You wouldn't if you didn't love me so much. Now behave,"she said and quickly pecked him on the cheek.
Shelly walked back in the room. They were at it again. Made her and Nick look like a PG-13 movie in comparison.
"Sorry. You know how it goes." Justin grinned and left the room.
"Sorry about that Shel. He just stopped by and you know how it goes,"Skylar said; playing it off as the can't keep your hands off each other phase.
"He said that. Look, are we here to discuss our love lives or are we here to discuss business?" Shelly responded irritably.
"He always did like em feisty."
"Look Skylar, you had your chance with him and I only get 'feisty' when I'm pushed too far so if you wanna keep this position I suggest you do your job and keep the personal stuff, personal so shall we?"
"You're the boss."


The glaring match continued between the men out in the waiting area before Justin started in. Flipping through the People magazine, he pondered,"You know what I've been trying to figure out Carter?"
"How you got my sloppy seconds?" He returned; rather proud of himself.
"No but that was good. I've been wondering how you managed to get a babe like Shelly into your bed."
"I grew up Timberfake."
"Snappier comebacks too. I'm impressed."
"And I should care?"
"Nah. Just seems that older women are drawn to me."
"I guess Cameron wised up to your charming demeanor."
"No. I got tired of her actually."
"I can see why women fall all over themselves to get at you," Nick said sarcastically.
"And they're just dying to get at you?"
"Because I don't treat women like objects."
"I'll keep that in mind while I'm banging your girl on my tour."
Oh! That was the wrong button to push then he heard Shelly's voice.
"Did you boys play nice while I was gone?" Shelly smiled.
Nick gritted his teeth but stood and took her in his arms; her hands pressed against his chest."Just like you asked sexy." And kissed her so hard it made her breathless."Shall we?" His arm firmly around her waist; putting on a display like a peacock spreading it's feathers. There was no way in hell that bastard was getting near Shelly. No way at all!