- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long but here's another chapter for you. Enjoy!


Shock did not even begin to explain what Skylar was feeling. More like pissed off when she saw him in the hall before the show. She didn't approach him then because she really had no reason to. As soon as Shelly was out of his sight with that damn bitch of a friend of hers, she made her way over to Nick and grabbed his shoulder; jerking his attention to her.
"Don't EVEN think about ruining this for her tonight Skylar or I'll kill you myself,"Nick warned.
"Why wouldn't you die for me Nick?! Huh?! You were my first."
"First what?! First virgin?! There were plenty of those before you!"
"You were my first real love Nick. I thought I was yours. You've known her as long as you knew me then. Why does she get the World?!"
"Because she didn't force it. You wanted me to be in love with you but you can't be in love with somebody that doesn't love themself."
"Are you fucking nuts Nick?! You must have a deathwish to have proposed to her on national TV!"
"It was a last minute thing Sky. I was going to wait til the commercial break but I couldn't help myself,"he lied.
She rolled her eyes." I would have given up everything for you Nick but this what do they call em, cougar comes along and you're seeing stars."
"I'm in love with her and everybody seems to think this is a mistake but us. You make her life miserable and I swear to God I'll make Hell look like paradise."
"Big threats from you Nicky. Too bad you couldn't give her a bigger rock."
"If she'd wanted one, I would have. Just because I can give it to her doesn't mean that I have to. That's where you screwed up. So run along to your little boytoy there and play because I'm gettin sick and tired of your antics. I got Brent fired, don't think I won't do it to your ass either."
"He got fired for sexual harrassment Nick. You forget who I know!"
"You just don't get it do you Sky? I was too young to know what being in love was then. I look at her and I see the rest of my life in her eyes."
"She'll be dead before you Nick."
"Maybe but that's what 'til death do us part means. I want to live the rest of my days with her Skylar. I hope you find that kind of love one day."Walking away to find Shelly.


"Let me see, let me see, let me see!" Theresa grabbed Shelly's hand once they were in the dressing room.
"It's gorgeous Shel! Oh My God! it's gorgeous!"She continued gushing.
"You had no idea he was going to do this?" Shelly gained her friend's attention.
"On my Mother's grave."
"Your Mom isn't dead."
"So when she does. NO! I had no idea girlie! The ring?"
"He saw me looking at them on the internet a couple of weeks ago."
"I still can't believe he proposed on national TV."
"I know. He really would die for me wouldn't he?"
"Chica, that boy would do ANYTHING for you!"
"Not exactly the guy I dreamed I'd fall in love with but it never happens the way we plan. I can only imagine that was his thought too."
"Shel. What did you tell me about the first time you looked into his eyes?"
"That I couldn't see my future without him in it."
"You girls almost done in there?" Nick yelled through the door.
"Then don't analyze it girl. You're getting married. "
"I'm getting married. Almost done baby!" Shelly answered and Theresa went to grab the door.
"Let's give her a minute to get changed okay?" Theresa suggested and practically pushed Nick out of the doorway.
"Subtle much Theresa?" Nick said.
"I need to know something Nick and I'm sure it's crossed her mind. This isn't just because you're feeling insecure about an ex is it cuz you know what I'll do if you break my friend's heart."
"Everybody's busting my balls over this Theresa. Why doesn't anybody get that I'm in love with her? Is it so hard to believe?"
"I believe you're in love with her, I just wanted to make sure you're not rushing into it."
"I know what I feel is real and I think you know she's had enough heartbreak in her life to know that I'm not going to walk out on her. I was a selfish kid, I'll admit but I saw a whole new world when Shelly walked into mine."
"You know, I wasn't sure about her dating a younger man but you're not like other guys."
"No he isn't." Shelly slid her arms around him from behind him. "I've gotta take Theresa back to J's but you could be naked and waiting when I got home couldn't you?"She whispered in his ear.
"Y'know, I could take the rental and drop it off tomorrow if you guys can't wait to get home,"Theresa suggested.
"You wouldn't mind?" Nick looked at her hopefully.
"Of course not. I know Shel'd do the same for me."
"Of course I would,"Shelly agreed as her hands slipped up his chest.
"Hand it over then."
Shelly detatched herself from Nick and produced the needed item."You're the best girlie,"she whispered in her friend's ear and hugged her.
"Don't you ever forget it lady. See you lovebirds in the morning."
"If you're lucky."
"You've created a monster Nick. Have fun." Theresa smiled and left them.
"So you think you're gonna get lucky tonight lady?"Nick pulled her into his arms.
"Yeah I do. So take me home now and I promise you won't be disappointed."And softly kissed him.
"Shel, do you think we're rushing into this?"
"You think we because everybody else does don't you?"
"Well, yeah. I don't want to think we are but-"
"Nick,"Shelly interrupted him."You promised me one thing and that was we take this at my speed. If we were going too fast you'd know."
"That's true. So we're getting married."
"We're getting married."