- Text Size +
Shelly woke up the next morning to what she thought was the blaring alarm but it was just the shrill ring of the telephone. She reached over onto the bedside table and picked it up. "Hello?" she mumbled.
"Are you two still at it?"Theresa groaned on the other end.
"No. We just barely woke up," Shelly returned as she felt Nick's lips on her shoulder.
"Good grief girlie! It's 10:30. Get your asses out of bed. Alex and I bringing the rental back over. Be ready in a half an hour."
"Yes MOM."
"Just do it."
"Okay. " Shelly's voice rose as Nick pulled the sheet down; his mouth exploring her quite thoroughly.
"Stop it girl. You won't be able to walk if you keep at it like this. Alex and I'll bring some chips and salads. You provide the grill and burgers. Deal?"
"You got it!"She said as Nick's mouth found that sweet spot."Later!" Clicking off the phone and glaring down at him with that huge ass grin plastered on his lips.
"You don't like?"
"You suck!"
"And quite well."
She grabbed a pillow and smacked him over the head with it but it was useless. He was gonna torment her and good Lord! She was grasping the sheets when she felt the shooting pain in her right shoulder."Nick. Please stop."
He ignored her plea but when she screamed and grabbed his shoulder, he knew something was wrong. "Shel?" He slid up the bed next to her. She was holding her shoulder."What happened babe?"
"I don't know. You were down there and when I grabbed the sheet, it was just pain."
"Can you move it?"
"Barely."
"So do you need a doctor or what?"
"Get me the heating pad from the bottom drawer there and we'll see how that works first."
"Okay." He jumped off the bed and retrieved said object. He plugged it in and looked at her." Can you lift up just a little?"
"I think so." Moving slightly but cringing. It was enough to get the pad behind her shoulder and she eased back against it as he turned the heat on.
"You gonna be okay?"
"I think so. Why don't you go take a shower and I'll see how I'm feeling when you're done. AJ and Theresa are headed over with the rental. They'll be here in a half an hour."
"Maybe we should tell them to bring it over later."
It was so adorable how concerned he was at that very moment. "I'll be fine. I'm sure it was just one of those freaky dance moves I did last night. A little heat and I'll be good. Now go take a shower."
"Alright."
"Nick?"
"Yeah?"He turned back to Shelly.
"If you're afraid of AJ, don't be. The only thing he'll probably ride you about is the proposal on TV which I thought was crazy but he is on our side. I love you blondie."Blowing him a kiss.
He still couldn't figure out how she did that. He was a little worried about AJ but he was more worried about Brian and Howie. He knew Brian would eventually come to terms with it but Howie was the one that was going to give him grief til the day he died. Was he the one marrying her? Hell no! Then don't worry about it.

True to her word, they arrived on schedule. Nick greeted them at the door."Hey you two! Shel will be down in a few. She's just finishing up."
"You two didn't go at it in the shower did you?"Theresa commented.
"Not yet but I can't wait for that." And grinned.
"So what did you do to her studly?"AJ said.
"You really don't wanna know."Nick turned around and led the couple into the kitchen.
"Nick, we know you were fooling around when Theresa called. What gives?"
He sighed then reluctantly answered." I was...uh...
"Shit, I don't think I've ever seen him embarrassed about the subject like this,"AJ commented when Nick hesitated.
"He was going down on me and I got a shooting pain in my shoulder from clutching the sheets too tight,"Shelly said as she entered the room."I'm fine."
"So she says,"Nick commented.
"That was TMI Shel,"AJ said and made a gagging noise.
"This from the guy that had his tongue down my throat one night."
"Got you your man didn't it?"
"Children!" Theresa interrupted."Why don't you guys go out and get the grill started and we'll be out in a few."
"God it's sexy when you get demanding. "AJ pulled Theresa into his arms.
"Whatever. If I kiss you will you go away?"
"If you kiss me, I might never leave."
"Ugh! Just go!" She said and pecked him on the cheek.
"See ya in a few sexy," Shelly whispered in Nick's ear and playfully smacked him on the butt as they left the house.
As soon as they were gone, Theresa looked at her friend.
"What?"Shelly said.
"Jeez Shel, I told you to get freaky with your man but really."
"I'm fine. 'Sides you'd think I'm a saint or something. I do have sex."
"Yeah but he must be damn good at that to mix the pleasure and pain."
"This was the first time it happened Theresa but he is VERY good at what he does downstairs."
"Fuck. So is AJ"
Figured as much. They probably trade secrets."
The girls started laughing uncontrollably at that thought. As soon as they settled down, Theresa said,"Does he know about the tour yet?"
"No and I'm not looking forward to telling him. I just want him to remain blissfully unaware for the next few days while we can." It's not that she didn't want to tell him, she just wanted to be happy until she had to get back to playing nice for the camera. It would just be adding insult to injury considering what they were already up against.
"But you are going to tell him?"
"Yeah. Just not until I have to though."
"I guess you'll figure it when the time is right."
"I know but did I tell you he and that arrogant little prick went at it while Skylar and I wrapped up the final details."
"And you let him get away with it?"
"The little shit deserves every ounce of what he gets."
"You do love Nicky."
"Was there ever any doubt? Think we've given them enough time to talk about us?"
"Too bad if we haven't."Theresa grinned and joined her friend.
z88;
"Are you out of your frickin' mind?!" AJ said.
"I'm in love with Shelly."
"I'm not talking about that. I knew you'd pull some crazy shit like that. I'm talking about Skylar. Really Nick? Does Shelly know about your history with that one?"
"She knows what she needs to know and she's pretty much heard most of it."
"Even the part where her Daddy threatened your masculinity for defiling both of his little girls?"
"Shit! Timberfake had both of them too."
"Yeah but he didn't get caught."
"Fine. I'll tell her later."
"But you're still gonna let her go out on the road with that psycho?"
"I don't have a choice."
"You always have a choice Nicky boy. This is a total sham."
"What are you talking about?"
"I know you're not that blonde Nick. She wants you because you have somebody in your life again. She does it every time you get close to somebody. It's not the fans that drive your girlfriends away, it's that pyscho on wheels that does it."
"So what do I do? Shelly asked me not to make a stink and I can kind of see where she's right. I never asked any of the others to marry me Age. Doesn't that say something about the strength of our relationship? I don't want her there anymore than Shel does but I have to let Shel make her own decisions when it comes to her career. She's not a child like I was. Somebody was always making my decisions. I want to let her have a choice."
"Okay but you do know that little ass wipe will be around if not the reason for the next set of dates on Shel's calendar?"
"Timberlake?"
"Yeah."
"I'm trying to be a man about this AJ. Just because he's conned millions of women into thinking he's some kind of fantastic lover doesn't mean Shelly will fall for it. I knew it the minute the words came out of his mouth that she was going to be on his tour, I'm just waiting for her to tell me. I just want her to be happy for awhile cuz Lord knows I would rather have my eyes poked out than to have her on the road with that little jerk off."
"Just so you're not kidding yourself."
"I'm not. I CAN handle this."
"You can handle a lot of things,"Shelly slid her arms around Nick's waist from behind; her chin resting on his shoulder.
"Shel, would you just stop already?" AJ groaned.
"Poor baby. Has to listen about somebody else's sexual antics instead of his own."
"Just don't want to. Come over here and show me the jewel that Nick said forever with."
Shelly proceeded over to the table and held her hand out for AJ.
"Couldn't get her a bigger rock buddy?" AJ teased.
"Funny,"Nick returned.
"He got me the one I wanted, not one that he had to spend a boatload of money on twirp."
"It suits you." Pulling her toward him so she had to grab onto the table for support." Please be careful."
"Of what?"
"Of Skylar."
"I will."
"So Shel, when are we going dress shopping?" Theresa said.
"Soon as you agree to be my maid of honor."
"I guess we're going shopping this afternoon then."
"And it's starting,"AJ teased.
"Say what you will but your day will come."
"As long as Shel's happy, I don't care what happens,"Nick said. It was the truth. As long as she was happy, he was happy.