- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


for those of you still reading this story, thank you. I know I haven't been the best for updates but I'm trying to keep up a little with some of my older stuff so again thank you and enjoy!


That evening at the show, Skylar didn't let the fact that Nick wasn't with her go unnoticed. “Trouble in paradise again?”She smirked as she entered the dressing room.
Theresa just wanted to pop her one but she held back for Shelly's sake.
“Not that it's any of your business but no. He just wanted to relax at the hotel with his friend.”
“Awfully convenient your friend is dating his friend isn't it?”
“Why don't you go bother your boyfriend. I'm sure he misses you terribly,”Shelly quipped.
“But I'm supposed to be here for you Shel.”
“Then take care of my business, not my life. Think you can handle that?”
Skylar huffed out of the room.
“God! Don't you ever want to just pound her into the ground Shel?” Theresa said after she left.
“Most days yes and especially when I found her half naked on my fiancé.”
“So that's why you're doing this.”
“Theresa. Look at me,”She turned from the mirror and looked at her friend.”I know you and AJ are only trying to look out for us but there's no one I'd rather have with us for this. You're my bestie and it just wouldn't be the same if you weren't sharing it with me.”
“Oh My God Shel. You really are ready for this.”
“I don't feel like I have to hide things with him. That and his kid at heart demeanor is what I'm in love with.”
“And he's crazy about you. Hang on,”Theresa's cell phone rang.”Hello.”
“Hey babe! How's the blushing bride?”AJ remarked.
“Calm as can be. The groom?”
“I'm working on it. I think the reality of it all finally struck him.”
“Really?”
“I didn't say anything to try and talk him out of it. I just think the commitment factor finally sunk in. He'll be fine. After all, the guy proposed to her on national television. I just keep reminding him this is the woman that nearly destroyed his 'goods' and he still wanted to be with her.”
Theresa laughed.”I've got an idea. Put him on the phone.”
“Okay,”he replied and called Nick over to the phone.
“Hey Theresa,”Nick said.
“Hey. Hang on. Shel,”she said and handed her the phone.
“Hello?” Shelly said.
He knew her voice like the back of his hand. Nick said,”Hey baby. How's it going?”
“Honestly?”
“Yeah.”
“I'm a little nervous.”
“Me too.”
“Hey. We're gonna be okay y'know. We've got our good friends here and we've made it through some better or worse stuff already right?”
“Yeah.”
“I love you so much Nick Carter and I want to spend the rest of my life showing you just that. Are you with me?”

“Yeah. We're gonna be good. I am going to make you the happiest girl in the world Shel.”
She started to cry her happy tears.
“Shel? What's wrong?”
“Nothing. It's just that sentimental girl thing I never thought I'd have. See you soon. Love you.”
“Love you too. Should I put Jay back on?”
“Yeah. I'll get Theresa,”She said and called her back to the phone.
Theresa smiled and took the phone from her friend.”Alex?”
“Yeah I'm back,'' he said.
“Better?”
“ I think the groom's nerves have settled. We'll see you guys there.”
“Have I told you lately how much I love you?”
“Love is in the air. I love you too babe.”Hanging up the phone and turning to Nick.”Are you okay bud?”
“Now that I've heard her voice I will be,”he said. He knew it was just the last minute cold feet he was feeling but they were feeling like Antarctica until that point. Something in it always soothed him but made him feel like he needed to protect her at the same time. That's what he was going to do. For the rest of his life. He may have had lousy role models for parents but the men that had been an integral part of his life had proven to him that marriage could be a good thing with the right person. Shelly was it. Despite the reason people thought they shouldn't work, they did.


Getting married in Vegas isn't an easy task. Well keeping it anonymous is. They chose one as far off the strip as they could get away with. It was simple. Just a few white roses lining the aisle was their choice. She would have her big show when the time was right. AJ and Nick were already there when she and Theresa arrived. Wow! Even AJ cleaned up nice but Nick was making her speechless. It was the same style ensemble he wore when he proposed to her. Nice black slacks with a jacket to match and a burgundy shirt open at the collar.”Wow.”
“Wow back.”He smiled and took her hand. They weren't going for an over the top but she looked more gorgeous than he'd ever imagined she would in white. She was traditional in that sense but he knew she'd be wearing the big frilly dress when she had her day. That he knew. She was a girlie girl in that sense but tonight she wore a simple white knee length dress that hugged her in all the right places. He couldn't wait to get his wife back to the room. She would be soon.
“Let's do this.” She took his hand and squeezed it gently.
“Have I told you how beautiful you look?”He whispered in her ear and she giggled.
“I love you too.”She knew it was his roundabout way of telling her because she was just as nervous as he was. She also knew there was no other man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.