- Text Size +
Nick: Where r u?

Shelly: Follow the noise.

Nick: ?

Shelly: The noise my phone makes when u text me next time u dork. :op

Nick: Blonde moment.

Shelly: That's mine Carter. U find me yet?

Nick: No. I think I'm getting closer tho.

Shelly: No wonder I can smell smoke. :D

Nick: Just wait til I find u girl.

Shelly: If u can :op



Little did she know he'd been carrying on their conversation for about the last two text messages from behind her on the drum riser where she was sitting behind the kit. He tapped her on the shoulder. She tilted her head back to look up and see him there.
"Hi."
"Brat." Sticking her tongue out at him.
"Didn't your Mom tell you not to do that unless you're gonna use it?"
Did he just flirt? They'd been friendly for the last three weeks but they'd made a pact to not be alone together. Ever. They knew what was happening. They were just trying to avoid the very real fact that it was going to happen. However, they were alone now but it was a public place so they should be safe right?" You want me to use it?"
Was that a trick question? He'd been dying for her to use it but he was taking the high road these days and going for a more mature approach to relationships. You know, get to know the girl before you 'get to know' the girl. He wanted more than what was happening at that very moment. The only other factor in this game was the age factor. It was weirding both of them out. If they got involved, how was he gonna explain that one to family? Funny how your heart doesn't balance that into the equation when you fall for someone. Because you're supposed to fall for somebody your own age, right?" Put that thing away. Why are you sitting here?"
"I was just tooling around with the drums. Don't really know how to play them."
"Well show me what you can do."
"I'll give it a shot." Grabbing the sticks and beating out a pathetic rhythm. At least she thought it was.
"Well you've got the right idea. Here, let me help you through the basics."Kneeling behind her; his hands sliding down her arms. Shit! did she smell good. Concentrate Nick! Adjusting his hands over hers, he guided her through a basic rhythm.
Sure she'd felt his hands on her before but not like this. Then his breath on her neck as he led her through the elementary beat.
"That was good. Wanna try it on your own now?" His voice ragged.
"Maybe I should." But he wasn't moving.
"You smell nice Shel."
"Nick...please."
"I don't want to be just friends anymore Shel."
"I thought we decided that it would be better if -"
He cut her off mid sentence when she turned to look at him. His lips caught hers. Those first few seconds so chaste.
It was nice. She didn't want him to stop after all. She turned to face him.
"I'm sorry Shel. I just couldn't help myself and I-
She placed a finger over his lips then replaced it with hers. The age thing was still a slight bother but his technique proved to be wise beyond his years. His body tight against hers; his hands resting at her hips. His lips parting slightly; inviting her to play. Her hands slipping into the short mass of hair as they continued to seek out one another with their mouths. Nothing seemed to matter. The fact that they COULD get caught completely eluded either one of them but Shelly knew that if they didn't stop soon, this was gonna lead right to a bedroom. Not right away but it would definitely be sooner than she anticipated. Bracing his shoulders, she breathlessly pulled out of the kiss.
"Something wrong?"
"Far from it. I just don't want us to get caught y'know?"
"Little late for that don'tcha think?" He grinned.
She just melted when did that."Yeah but I still think we should stop."
"If you're sure."
Grabbing his face, she captured his lips and seized the moment for all it was worth."Now I'm sure."
"We're in trouble aren't we?"
"Yeah but I think if we keep it under the radar we'll be okay."
He kissed her one more time before leaving. Hey, if they were gonna catch hell for it, may as well make it worthwhile.