- Text Size +
"My God! You really are becoming a star Shel!" Her friend Theresa commented the next afternnoon as Shelly came offstage after the soundcheck. "You've really got that rock star thing going."
"I'm trying."
"Well you're doing a damn fine job girl. Something else going on that your bestie should know about?"
"Other than the whole David fiasco, no."
"Then why do you keep checking your cell every three seconds woman?" She nudged her teasingly.
"Have I been?"
"Yeah." She stopped Shelly and she turned to look at her friend. Theresa knew her friend all too well. She had all the signs of a being in love or at the very least, very much in like. Most likely not wanting to admit to it either. "Oh no. I know the signs Shel. You've got it bad. Who is he and why don't I know about him?"
Shelly sighed. Theresa is not going to let this go until she gets an answer. Sometimes she hated having a friend that was so in tune with her feelings then other times, it really worked to their advantage." I don't wanna talk about it out here okay?"
"Okay. I'll wait til we get to your dressing room then."
"Thank you." They walked in silence but once they were behind the quiet walls of her dressing room, Theresa laid in.
"I want details. Down to the very last juicy one."
"Nothing like that's happened yet."
"So why all the secrecy?"
"Because it's Nick."
Her eyes widened. Knew that one was going to happen.
"So you're not gonna give me any lecture or anything here?"
"What exactly am I supposed to say?"
"I don't know. I thought you might say something about the age difference."
"Does it bother you? Of course it does. You've always told me you wanted to date a younger man but now that the opportunity is here, you're not so sure right?"
"Yeah."
"Does it bother him?"
"A little I think. Okay. A lot. Before we kissed that is."
"Oh hell no you did not just hold out on me like that girlie! Details!"
"Yesterday. We've kinda been fighting it since the beginning of the tour."
"So he's the shoulder you chose instead of me when David broke up with you? I'm hurt." She mocked pain as she held her hands over her heart.
"I'm sorry. He was here. And he was sweet. Although we caught hell the next morning for falling asleep watching TV in his room."
"Didn't you used to write about stuff like that happening Shel?"
"Yeah but this is reality here."
"So?" She raised her brows in inquiry to the question burning.
"The boy has a great set of lips. And hands." Biting her lip; a cheshire cat grin following it.
"But?"
"But he usually texts me four or five times a day and I haven't heard from him once."
"Maybe he just got busy today Shel. It does happen. He's a big pop star you know."
"I know. I just keep thinking maybe he got weirded out by the age thing again. Like we're not supposed to like each other that way because of it."
"Did it when you were just friendly?"
"Not as much."
"Give it a little time Shel cuz I can see it's got you a litte freaked out as well."
"I know. Excuse me," Shelly said and went to answer the knock on the door.
"Got a minute?" Nick said.
She opened the door to reveal her friend.
"Oh. Maybe after the show?"
"I can leave and find somebody to bug. Perhaps you could direct me toward AJ?" Theresa teased as she approached the door."I'm Theresa, friend of Shelly."
"Nick and AJ's just around the way there."
"Thank you." And left the two alone.
Shelly closed the door behind them and turned to find herself trapped against the door.
"I've been thinking about you all day,"Nick said; locking in her gaze.
"Is that why you didn't text me today?"
"I'm sorry. Today was a little busier than usual."
"Okay. So it's not the age thing." His lips descending upon hers; softly brushing them.
"Not so much anymore."Softly kissing her. "You?" Pulling her tighter against himself.
"I'm willing to give it a shot if you are."
"Good. Now that we got that out of the way."His mouth hungrily devouring her.
Her hands greedily consumed every inch of him she could. Their mouths fused together; his hand slipping right down around her ass and drawing her leg right up around him. It was getting way too hot and if it hadn't been for the knock on the
door, it would have gotten a lot more x-rated. She wasn't sure if that was a blessing or a curse.
"Shel, the guys are looking for Nick. Find the keys for the handcuffs and let him go,"Theresa teased.
Nick stopped."You have handcuffs?" Wiggling his brows.
She was gonna have to kill her friend. Soon. She blushed.
"I really hate it when you do that."
"Why?"
"Because I have to do this again." Stealing her breath with his kiss."We'll talk about those handcuffs later." And winked before he opened the door to leave.
When Theresa came back in, Shelly glared at her.
"What?! I figured it was the only way to separate you two. You could hear the moaning coming through the door and I didn't want you to get caught but I couldn't save you. AJ WAS with me."
"Shit!"
"I don't think he's gonna say anything Shel. Besides, I think he's more on your side than you like to believe."
"I guess. It's just the others I'm worried about."