- Text Size +
"Nick. Bud. Where ar you?" AJ questioned him over his cell phone while waiting for him to get on their bus that night.
"I'm with Shelly on her bus."
"What's going on Nick?"
"We're just hangin out. Is there something wrong with that?" He said defensively.
"If that's all you're doing, no."
"What if we were doing more?"
"Not mine to say Nick but I am on your side. Just remember Shelly came out a relationship just a couple of months ago. She may not be ready for the same things you are."
"And how do you know what I'm ready for?"
"I've known you how long Nick?"
He couldn't deny that AJ knew him pretty much as well as he knew himself but things were different with Shelly. He couldn't explain what it was but he didn't want to move that fast with her. Kissing was as far as they'd gone. Sometimes it was a little rough but he didn't want to ruin what they had with sex because that's the point where it all changed."Age, I like her. I'm not gonna mess it up by doing anything stupid."
"Okay. I guess I was imagining things were going on there."
"As I said, I like her. We're friends. That's all it is right now."
"Like I said Nick, I'm on your side but I'm on hers too so be careful. I like her too."
"What does that mean?"
"I just think she's nice and sweet and I don't want to see either of you hurt. Man! I think you do have something for her."
"Goodbye AJ,"Nick said and clicked his phone off as Shelly emerged from the bathroom.
"Everything okay?"she inquired sweetly.
"Couldn't be better. I told AJ I was hanging with you."
"And he's okay with that?"
"Doesn't matter if he is or not. He says on our side."
"Out of all them, I think he may be the only one."
"I think so too."
"So what are we watching tonight?" As she settled on the bed next to him.
"How do you feel about action/adventure movies?"
She furrowed her brow; contemplating the thought and responded."I'll give em a shot."
"I know for a fact that if I would have told you Mark Wahlberg was in it, you wouldn't have blinked."
"Well of course not cuz he's hot," she said and straddled his lap.
"Oh is he now?" His hands resting on her hips.
"Yeah but not quite as hot as this guy I just started seeing."
"So why don't you tell me about him?"
" You sure you wanna hear about him?"
"I don't know. Might spoil things for us."
"I'll risk it for a sweet thing like you."
"Well, he's got the most gorgeous blue eyes like you." Her lips brushing his.
"Go on." As her breath lingered there near his.
"Soft, dirty blonde hair." Slipping her fingers through it as she captured his mouth; completely consuming him. She felt his hands slipping underneath the material of her sweats. Lord did his hands feel really good there. Her hands moved down to tug the wifebeater from the waist of his sweatpants. He pulled away briefly and discarded the offending item.
He felt her hands tentatively move over his body. Their eyes met and he hungrily attacked her mouth; totally unaware of the miles passing by outside now. She pulled away and removed her T-shirt. Readjusting, she now laid beneath him. He was very aware of the rise and fall of her full, rounded breasts covered in pink lace."God, you're beautiful."
"Nick!"
"And sexy." Kissing her as he tripped the clasp on the front of bra. He pushed away the lacy covering; his hand encompassing one as his mouthed made work of the other. His tongue traced circles around her nipple before completely closing over it. He lightly tugged the erect protrusion. His tongue trailed down toward her belly button as he continued to play with her nipple. He reached his destination; circling the indentation before he stopped himself. He couldn't do this. He didn't know why but he couldn't do it. Physically maybe but he was definitely not ready to step this far with her yet. He didn't understand it but he couldn't have sex with her just to have sex. He wanted more.
"Something wrong?"Shelly looked down at him.
"Nothing.... just, I can't do this."
"I thought you were doing just fine."
He moved from his position and rested against the wall."I can't explain it."
"Maybe because you're not just in it for the sex this time?"She suggested. Not that she liked it but maybe he was right in stopping.
"Because I know you're not ready here."His hand moving over her heart." And maybe I'm not ready there either."