- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry, this one's a very short chapter.
He woke up for the fifth night in a row in some stranger's bed. He got up and as he dressed he saw in the moonlight the face of a woman he'd only know for a couple of hours. Her name was Brenda or Brandy, he didn't remember. It didn't really matter to him it was all the same. All the Linda's, Mandys, Amys, Brandys, they were all the same.

Sure they were as hot as they come and he had many fun nights with them but they most certainly were not the type of women Nick would ever take seriously. Not that he was looking for a serious relationship. He'd tried that once or twice before and it didn't turn out quite so well.

He tugged at the bottom of his shirt as the thought of those two women from his past who had hurt him. He swallowed the knot down his throat and shook his head. No, he was not going to do this to himself again. He was not going to ever let this happen again.

Nick grabbed his shoes at hurried out the door being as quiet as he could. He hated when they woke up. He feared it because he never knew what the reaction was going to be. Some were cool with just a one night stand while others cried, some got pissed and then there were the ones that caused a scene. He tried his best to choose his women carefully and for the most part he was good at picking the easy ones. The ones who were down for a good time, but occasionally he misjudged and got himself a nice girl that was actually looking for some sort of deep connection. A connection that this blue eyes beauty was not willing to connect.

He ran his finger through his blonde lock as he walked down the empty hotel hallways. He slammed his hand on the down button startling a little girl in her pjs and messy hair.The little girl gasped as she saw this man violently push the elevator button. Nick's head jerk toward the girl.

"Sorry," he smiled charmingly. "I didn't know anyone was out here. Aren't you a little young to be wandering around here all alone?"

The young child, who couldn't have been more than six, only smiled back at him. She wrapped her fingers in her shirt, tilted her head and ran away. Nick's smile faded quickly, taking over in it's place stood a more hardened distant look. The look that child had given him was all too familiar. In fact, the whole scene that has just taken place before him had a sense of familiarity to it.

It was her again, rotting through his brain. Pounding through his memories, the harder he fought to keep them buried the more they found their way to the surface of mind. Everything lately reminded him of the past. When it wasn't one it was the other. Polar opposites from each other, from two different worlds but both shared two things in common. He had loved them both at one time or another and both had broken his heart.