- Text Size +
Celine curse under her breath. She turned to face the clock staring back at her. Josh shifted his body away from her and mumbled something incoherent as she got out of bed.
 
"Do you have to go?" He asked.
 
Three in the morning, she knew taking this job at the hospital would mean working insane hours and although she was new and had nowhere near as many hours as the more experienced nurses there, occasionally, when situations would arise that require every staff member to be called in.
 
Tonight was one of those nights.
 
"You know I have to." She held her breath, expecting him to answer her back and challenge her and sighed when he didn't utter a word.
 
Relieved to hear him snoring instead of starting a arguement only minutes before work. She didn't think she could handle another one, lately there'd been too many of them.
 
 
 
It was just past half an hour since receiving the late night phone call from Ana, her co-worker and mentor, asking her to come in, when she reached the building. The waiting room was overcrowded, air full of unwavering complaints, Celine snaked her way through the swarm of patients demanding to be seen at once.
 
One man holding his arm up with the other shouted at her demanding to be heard, and was all too happy to make known to anyone who would listen, how long he'd been there waiting to see a doctor, in a vulgar manner.
 
"We'll be with you momentarily." Celine answered as politely as she could, given the situation.
 
"That's what they said over two hours ago, and I'm still here." He yelled back.
 
"Celine!" The woman's voice brought her attention back to her mission, getting out of the mob of angry people, and back to the nurses station so she could then help the very same angry mob. "Thank God you got here so soon." Ana cried, "It's been like this all night. Ahh, I was going to go insane with you."
 
 
Celine paid no mind to people like the man in the lobby, it was part of the job, and only understandable. Heck, anybody in that situation, hurt and in pain, would get frustrated with such a long wait. It's only obvious that it would be the nurses to suffer the wrath of edgy patients. It didn't bother her none, but Ana, she figured, had been working there so long that she had already gotten fed up with it all.
 
Following Ana, and politely laughing at her attempt to make a joke under strained circumstances, Celine wondered if she, herself would ever lose her patience, how long would it take for her to reach that point, where Ana obviously was at now?
 
 
 
The nightlife had become a part of Nick's life since he was just a teen, somehow it had become intertwined with his childhood overshadowing the latter. Wild nights of partying and women consumed him for many years. Having been exposed to sexual encounters in his earlier development stages had made its imprint, and the late night parties just sort of came hand in hand with his career.
 
Although he did experiment one or twice with marijuana back then, it wasn't until a few years back that he dabbled into the consumption of narcotics, and now it was a dominant side of his life, overshadowing the boy he had once been. Or could have been, no one will ever know for certain.
 
He sat with his back leaned into the cushion of his seat with yet another blonde perched on his lap, attempting to give him a lap dance but she was too far gone. He looked into her drunken eyes and gripped the hem if her skirt. He body aching for her, for what she had for him. The hunger and need of a woman completely wasted both enticed and angered him.

Okay so he had lied to his sister when he promised her he would tone down his ways, but what harm could it do, right? I was just a little fun. After all Leslie wasn't here, and there would be no way that she would ever find out. And he did have every intention on going home with the sexy little number, so technically he was lying. Technically.
 
He knew she meant well but it was frustrating to have his little sister on his case about it. Run after him like a mama hen trying to save him. Save him? He didn't need anyone to save him. There was nothing to be saved from, he was fine. Why couldn't she understand that? Why couldn't anyone understand that.
 
Being his little sister, he could overlook it a little more coming from her, but Alex...now that's a whole different beast in itself. When his friend had stepped in once at Leslie's request, he nearly lost it. It had been the last straw. Who was he to try to tell him what to do with his life, when his was just as bad? It was like teapot calling the kettle black.
 
Sure he's gotten his life semi back on track, but who was he to waltz in and fix Nick. He wasn't broken damn it. He was just fine. Just because he went to rehab and his clean and sober now, now he comes around acting like a saint. Fucking Dr. Phil, trying to fix everyone's problems. He'd have none of it. He just shoved Alex along with his sister out of his house the day they tried their little intervention. He'd tolerated her long as he had because she was his little sister but she had crossed the line that day, bringing Alex into this.

All it had done was made things worse. His ways had gotten worse over the past couple of years and he'd tossed everyone he cared for out of his life. Now they were finally understanding that he didn't need anyone. Leslie was the only one still trying to reach out to him, but soon, he thought, soon she would understand it too and leave him the hell alone.
 
Unable to keep his focus, he just couldn't get his mind out of the gutter. Thoughts were primarily focused on everything he could never had, everything that life had stolen from him, everything he could never have, and for the first time, he realized, he had an epiphany there were he sat with a hot woman grinding against his groin, he hated what he had become. A sex crazed alcoholic drug addict with his career in jeopardy. He tighten his grip on the fabric, who the hell cares anymore? He cursed the day he became a Backstreet Boy and wished it all away. He wished he'd never known this.
 
His private dancer crushed his lips with her own, demanding him to open for her. He tangle his fingers into her hair holding her tight in place, kissing her back like a madman. Well...so much for a moment of clarity.