- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AJ and Mo meet.
“Mo, I want you to come with me to this dating thing.” My friend Casey said to me as she walked into my house. I looked at her kind of funny.
“Why would I want to go to that with you? Why are you even going?” I asked back to her.
“Well, I’ve never been to one, and I here they’re pretty funny…you know the people that go in there.” I nodded.
“That’s what I see on TV. I guess I’ll go for some laughs.” I grabbed my purse and we left. We got to the place and there seemed to be a lot of people in there already, and some of the men were pretty good looking. It’s weird how they don’t have anyone. They must be really weird.

“Alright, everyone take a seat now, we’re going to start.” The woman at the microphone said. I sat down and a man sat across from me and he sighed. I looked up at him, and it was AJ McLean from the Backstreet Boys. I was a little stunned. I was just looking at him and he smiled at me. I laughed.

“What are you doing here?” I said after I laughed.
“I’m…well here with a friend. You?”
“Same, we wanted to just see what it’s like…This is kind of embarrassing.”
“I was thinking the same thing, but what's your name?”
“I'm Mo...Who are you here with?” He looked around and pointed to a guy who was with my friend.
“My bud, Chris.”
“Well…your bud Chris is with my bud Casey.” We laughed together.
“We wanted to see what it’s like too. I don’t really have a problem with dating.”
“How flattering. Me neither though.” We both smiled. I looked at Casey. “I think she likes him.” AJ looked too.
“I know Chris likes her, she’s his type, for sure.” I smiled wide.
“Is he nice?” AJ nodded.
“Yeah, he’s been my friend for years now.”
“Same with me and Casey.” Casey was indeed a pretty girl. She was a tall blonde with brilliant green eyes. She weighed practically nothing, and she worked out every day. She worked at a gym, so she got a lot of discounts on memberships. We’ve been friends since we were freshman in High School and we’re now 23. I don’t really know what I’d do without her. She’s been there through so much with me, and I the same with her. I was there when her parents went through a horrid divorce that ended in tons of therapy for Casey, and she was there for me when my first love died in a car accident. I was broken apart by it, I still think about him sometimes…I wonder how different my life would be.

“So, what do you do for a living?” He asked me.
“I own my own recording studio on Shelburne.”
“Oh, Dim Lights Studios?” I nodded.
“That looks like a really nice studio, who do you get in there?”
“TI was just in last week actually. Other than him, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Britney, Soldja Boy, T-Pain, and Taylor Swift.” He nodded.
“That’s extensive.” I agreed.
“I love it, it’s the best thing I think I ever did in my life.” He smiled.
“That’s good…I’ll have to ask if we can record there one day.”
“I’d be honored if you came in.”
“I think the boys would be ok with it…you know I’m in a group right?”
“Who doesn’t know the Backstreet Boys, AJ.” We laughed together.

“Alright, switch!” AJ and I stood up and looked at Casey and Chris, they both walked over to us.

“Did you guys have each other?” Casey asked me, and I nodded. “So that is really awesome.”
”Indeed, I think I’m done though…It’s no fun when you meet someone who wants to work at your studio.” I whispered to her.
“I’m done, Chris and I are going on a date this Friday!” I high-fived her.
“That’s awesome!”
“I know, but AJ is cute, why aren’t you going to go out?”
“I think he’d be a great friend…” She smirked.
“Right.”

“You guys want to go to lunch maybe?” AJ asked as Chris agreed with him. “Our treat.”
“Well, I’m not saying no to food when I’m not paying.” Casey said. She walked over to Chris who put his arm around her. I laughed and walked out with AJ.

“Thanks for asking.” I said to him.
“Anytime, it’s the least I can do.”
“You still have to pay to use the studio.”
“Damn…” I laughed at him. “Just kidding, I knew that. I just like to be nice sometimes.”
“Sometimes?”
“Ok…I’m nice 85% of the time.” He said when we got to his car.
“That leaves a lot of room for mean AJ.” He shrugged at me.
“Can’t be this awesome all the time.”