- Text Size +
Denise was at home while Nick was out with Aaron at an appearance at a movie premiere a few nights later when Brian called in. “Pizza?” He asked coming in.
“Read my mind! I was just about to call some in.” Denise replied as they went into the lounge.
“Where’s Nick?” Brian asked.
“He and Aaron are at a movie premiere tonight. Don’t know which one. There’s a few on tonight.” Denise replied.
“Oh, well if he and Aaron are together, who knows what time they will be back. You know how when the finish things they always end up in the studio.” Brian said.
“Yeah, take it your by your lonesome tonight.” Denise replied.
“Yeah, Baylee wanted to go shopping to get something for me or whatever. Over at the mall now. Well that’s what I was told. With Bay, who knows?” Brian laughed.
“I swear he’s you all over again.” Denise commented.
“More and more by the day.” He added.
“That scare you?” She asked.
“Yep for sure. One of me is enough thankyou very much.” Brian laughed. After sharing a laugh, Brian went quiet.
“What?” Denise asked.
“Nothin, it’s all good.” Brian replied.
“Bri, come on. Something is bugging you. You got that look on your face. I know Leighanne and Baylee aren’t shopping. I was just on the phone to Baylee.” Denise asked.

“You know if something was wrong you can tell me.” Brian said.
“Yeah I know.” Denise replied.
“Well good. I just wanted to make that clear.” Brian stated.
“Ok, this is weird here. AJ was weird on me the other day for some strange reason and now you are. What is going on?” Denise demanded to know.
“How’s everything with you and Nick?” Brian asked.
“Fine, going good.” Denise replied quickly.
“You sure? For someone that says that, they are hiding something.” Brian told her.
“Things are fine. I promise.” Denise assured Brian.
“Don’t lie to me please. I know something is wrong. I can tell.” Brian pleaded.
“Brian don’t.” She begged.
“Has Nick hurt you?” He asked worried. Denise got up and took the pizza box to the kitchen. “Denise?” He asked again. She froze, Brian stood in front of her.
“It’s not as bad as what it sound.” She whispered.

“Why didn’t you say something?” He gasped in shock.
“Because I didn’t want anything to happen to the group.” Denise replied.
“Your leaving here now. You are staying at our place.” Brian told her.
“No. Brian no. It’s ok, really.” Denise reasoned with him.
“Please...for me.” He asked.

When Denise and Brian arrived at Brian’s place, Howie’s car was there, along with Kevin and AJ’s. “You didn’t?” She asked.
“You are family Denise. When something happens to one of us, we are all involved.” Brian informed her as they got out of the car. As they entered the door, everyone stood up.
“What’s wrong?” Kevin asked.
“Leigh?” Brian called out to Leighanne. Leighanne came forward, put an arm around Denise’s shoulder and walked out of the room.

“Tell me the truth.” Leighanne asked as Denise sat on the bed in the bottom downstairs room, Leighanne shutting the door.
“I can’t.” She whimpered.
“How long?” Leighanne asked.
“Few months.” Denise whispered, turning her body away from Leighanne.
“Where?” She asked.
“No one can see it, don’t worry.” Denise replied leaning forward clutching her stomach.
“Please?” She asked. Denise stood up and slowly removed her shirt.
“I’m taking you to the hospital.” Leighanne told her.
“No, no hospitals. They are going down.” Denise tried to tell her.
“You aren’t going near Nick. The boys will make sure of that.” Leighanne told her.
“I wanna have everything as normal.” Denise replied.
“Nothing will ever be normal again you know.” Leighanne said.
“This is what I didn’t want.” Denise sighed. The door knocked. Denise nodded.
“Come in.” Leighanne answered.
“Can you come out? We wanna talk to you?” Brian asked. Denise nodded, Leighanne behind her.

When Denise walked out, Kevin, AJ and Howie all got up in unison. “I’m ok.” She told them.”
“We have been talking. You aren’t going to go back there. We’ll go and get your stuff and have it out with Nick. Truth is coming out.” Kevin told her.
“Do one thing for me please?” Denise asked.
“What?” AJ asked.
“Don’t let Rebecca find out. Not yet.” She pleaded.
“No worries.” AJ assured her.
That night once Kevin, Howie and AJ left, Brian and Leighanne sat with Denise and talked what would be happening.