- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys I know its been a while...for those who follow me on twitter you already know the reason for my absence is because my mom had surgery 2 weeks ago and I've been really busy taking care or her. She's doing better now so hopefully I can get back on track with this. Thanks for staying with me guys. You're amazing readers! Hope you like this one!!
Ashley watched Nick as he waked off towards the stage, still in slight shock as to what had just happened between them. It all happened so fast, but the sensation of his lips on hers was forever burned into her mind. She couldn’t explain exactly what she felt at that precise moment they kissed, but all she knew is she had never experienced anything like it before. Almost as if fireworks had been exploding all around them or like a jolt of electricity had traveled through her. It was obvious whatever connection they had was unlike any other she had ever had before. Her thoughts came to a halt as Angel approached her.

“Damn girl.” She laughed.

“What?” Ashley said with a slight blush.

“That kiss was…” Angel struggled to find the right words. “Lets just say if I sent this video into the movie awards you’d definitely win hottest kiss.” She said turning her phone screen to face her as she replayed the kiss.

“You recorded it!” Ashley said trying to grab the phone away from her.

“Hey, do you know how hard I worked for this?” Angel laughed. “I need to bask in the glory of my amazing work.”

“It was just a kiss.” Ashley said trying to down play it even though her mind was still spinning.

“Yeah ok.” Angel looked at her with skepticism. “Let’s see what the judges think.” She said as she entered in a few friends’ names into the inbox.

“Send that to anyone and you die.” Ashley warned. “I don’t want it all over the internet in the next five minutes.”

“Good point.” She said knowing their friends rarely kept their mouths shut when it was this juicy. “I’m just excited. I promise it’s for your eyes only…and Jared’s.” She laughed sending it to him. “You know he would kill both of us if he missed out on this.”

“I should expect a call in five…four…three…two…” as if on cue her phone rang. She laughed as she picked it up.

“Oh my god you just made my life complete.” Jared said before she could even say hello.

“Wouldn’t it only be complete if it were you?” Ashley teased, knowing he never gave up his little crush on Nick.

“I live vicariously through you. Therefore in my mind it was me.” He stated matter-of-factly.

“I better not mention that one to Nick, he may never want to kiss me again.” She laughed.

“So what the hell happened? One minute you’re like uber upset with him and the next minute you’re lip locking for a fricken Olympic gold?” he laughed.

“I worked my amazing magic.” Angel chimed in, having been listening in.

“Thank you, because if I had to hear her go off one more time about how he had no interest in her I was about to come out there and slap some sense into her.”

“It was just a kiss. You guys are looking way to much into it.”

“Yeah that was just a kiss and I’m the fricken mayor of Munchkin land. Please girl, don’t even try and play it off. You know that was more then just a kiss.” Jared said seriously.

“Shut up.” She said with a slight blush as Angel laughed.

“Told you.” He said, knowing just by the tone in her voice she was blushing. “Now I want all the details.”

“Whatever.” She said with a laugh knowing she would never win with the two of them. “I’ll call you later to spill, the shows already started and we should be out front.”

“You better. Love you bitches. Have fun at the show.” He said before hanging up.

“Ashley and Nick sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Angel sand as the two girls walked towards the area leading to their seats. Ashley laughed shaking her head, knowing it was pointless to try and stop her.

***

“Ladies I think the bet has officially came to an end.” Leighanne smirked as she watched Ashley’s face as Nick walked off. She had to admit, for the past three days that Ashley had been hiding out, she almost thought that things wouldn’t work out between them. All bets aside she saw how genuinely happy they were around each other and having known both of them for so long she knew they were perfect for each other. Seeing them then and there, finally letting their true feelings be known gave her a sense of relief, knowing they wouldn’t be missing out on what could be a great relationship.

“You can say that again.” Kristin laughed. “I was already prepared for this though. I graciously accept my defeat.”

“You know after these past few days I actually thought I might have a chance.” Leigh joined in with a chuckle.

“What can I say? I know my girl well.” Leighanne laughed. The two gave her a look of doubt. “Ok, ok I admit it. I thought the whole thing might have been a lost cause, but I’m glad they pulled through.”

“Even more so because you won’t have to do any laundry when we get home next month I’m sure.” Kristin laughed.

“It does make it a little more sweet.” Leighanne laughed as they walked off to take their seats before the show.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The show came to an end and everyone reconveined backstage. After gathering their things they were about to leave as their tour manager came into the room.

"Hey guys, great show. There's been a slight change of plans. There's supposed to be a storm rolling through tomorrow morning so we want to get a jump on travel. We're going to be leaving in about an hour, so head back to the hotel to get your things together."

"Great. I thought we'd be getting a decent sleep tonight." Kevin groaned as they headed for the vans to return to the hotel.

"Think of it this way, we have all day to relax tomorrow." Howie chimed in.

"And we don't have to get up so early to leave." Brian added.

"Or eat junk on the road." Ashley laughed as they reached the vans.

"I guess." He grumbled as they climbed into the vans.

They made it back to the hotel a short time later and headed straight up to their rooms to get ready for the road. Ashley was about to step into her room when Nick grabbed her arm stopping her.

"I'll be right in." She said to Angel as the door shut. "How can I help you?" She smirked as she turned to face him.

"I was just wondering what bus you were planning on riding in." He said with a hopeful smile.

"Not sure if I've made up my mind yet." She teased.

"Well what do I have to do to sway your decesion?" He smirked wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Well I mean what's in it for me?" She laughed a little.

"Me." He said with a crooked smile.

"Oh what a prize." She teased. "Is that supposed to make me want to choose you?"

"You're mean." He pounted. "Maybe I don't want you on my bus after all."

"You know I'm just kidding." She laughed reaching up on her tip toes and kissing him quickly on the lips. "You're more then a worthy prize."

"So is that a yes?" He smirked as he leaned into her.

"You'll have to wait and see." She laughed slipping out of his grasp and into her room quickly.

Nick laughed shaking his head as he headed to his room. She sure did know how to play hard to get, but he was up for the challenge.

***

Ashley knocked on AJ's door waiting patiently for him to answer.

"Hey kiddo." He said letting her in. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to talk to you quick before we hit the road." She said walking in and taking a seat on the edge of the bed, folding the last few clothes AJ had out and placing them in his bag for him.

“Guess you won’t be riding on my bus tonight, huh?” AJ asked as he zipped up his duffle bag, knowing it was probably the reason for her visit. She studied his face trying to see if he was just questioning or if there was a hint of disappointment present.

“Me and Nick need to talk some things over.” She said with a small smile.

“You seem to have overlooked the other night pretty fast." He said with a slight hint of skepticism.

"Why do you think we need to talk?" She said with a sigh. "I thought you said you were ok with this?"

"I am, I just thought you would stick to your guns and take things a little slower."

"I just kissed the guy, not proposed." She laughed with disbelief that they were back where they had started again.

"Ash, I know you. You're still vulnerable from Ryan and I just don't want you to rush into things to try and forget about him."

"I'm not rushing into anything, and Ryan has been the farthest thing from my mind in a long time." She said with a frustrated sigh as AJ gave her a look knowing she was lying. "So what? Is it really that bad that makes me forget about Ryan?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt."

"Alex you have no idea what went on between me and Ryan."

"That's because you won't talk to me anymore."

"And now we're back to this." She sigh, frustrated. "I don't tell you because you hold onto things forever. I need to move on. I can't keep remembering all the bad things that happened with Ryan or any of the other guys or I'll never be happy."

"I know you have to move on." AJ sighed. "I just worry about you."

"Well let me figure out what's right for me, ok?" She looked at him trying to make him realize where she was coming from.

"I'm sorry." He sighed offering her a small smile. "You know how I get."

"All to well." She sighed as there was a knock on the door.

"Time to head out." Called their manager as he continued down the hallway.

"I have to go get my bag." Ashley said as she headed for the door. "I'll see you tomorrow."

***

Everyone made their way downstairs and out to the back where the busses were waiting. Ashley Angel and Scott boarded first and were soon joined by Nick. They all sat in the back room as the busses pulled off talking about the few days left before Angel and Scott headed back to California. After talking for a short time Angel and Scott moved to the front of the bus to give Ashley and Nick some alone time to talk.

"So." Nick smiled at her after a few moments of silence.

"So." Ashley said biting her lip, unsure of how to begin.

"Talking always seems easier before you actually have to say anything, huh?"

"Tell me about it." She laughed a little.

"Where should we start?"

"I dunno." She said with a shrug.

"How's about what's been going through your mind since the other night." Nick suggested.

"Oh a lot." She laughed a little.

"Well we have plenty of time to cover it all." He smiled.

She took a deep breath before begining.

“Nick you know I’ve always had a crush on you, but crushing on someone and actually having feelings for someone are totally different. Hanging out with you just makes me so happy and that’s something I really haven’t been in a while. You just know how to make me smile even without saying anything. But at the same time that scares me.”

“Why?” he asked, knowing he too wasn’t always confident of her feelings for him.

“Because I didn’t want to ruin anything. We have such a great friendship and I was scared that if I made my feelings known and they weren’t reciprocated that it would make things weird between us. Your friendship's really important to me and I didn’t want to loose that.”

"To tell you the truth I was feeling the same way." He admited. "I really thought you wanted nothing to do with me, especially after you didn't kiss me. I didn't come back that night because I thought I ruined things between us."

“How could I not want anything to do with you? I turned my head because I was just nervous." She faded out.

"Nervous about what?"

"That I wouldn’t live up to your expectations.” She said timidly with a sigh, finally letting go what she had even been holding back from herself.

“Ash, you have to give yourself a little more credit.” He sighed. “You’re so amazing and beautiful and talented. I’m lucky that you even give me the time of day. If anything I should be the nervous one.”

“What do you have to be nervous about? I’m no one special.” She laughed a little.

"You are to me. You're different from the other girls I know. You just look at me as Nick. There's nothing you're after and you're comfortable being yourself around me. That's what makes you so special."

She couldn't help but blush at his compliment.

"So what's going through your mind now?" He said locking eyes with her.

“I'm thinking we just both have some insecurities we’re not quite ready to let go of and until we do we’re both going to have questions about what we really want.”

“You’re right, but is it something that we can work on together or is it something you want to work through on your own?" He said hoping it wouldn't be the latter.

“I just think that we should take things slow. Just take some time to figure out what’s best for us right now.” She said timidly, hoping he wouldn’t take it the wrong way.

“Ash, we can take things as slow as you want. I don’t want you to think that you have to rush into anything just to make me happy. As long as we’re spending time together and getting to know each other better I’m happy.” He reassured her.

Ashley smiled with relief. It’s not that she didn’t want to be with him, she knew AJ was right. She knew that right now she wasn’t ready to jump into anything too deep. She knew the chance of her falling too hard and too fast at this point was strong and she wanted to make sure she could handle her own feelings before getting back into a relationship.

“So we’re good?" He said hopefully.

"Better then good." She smiled.

“Good. I just have one last question.” Nick said with a serious face.

“Shoot.”

“Can I kiss you again?” he said a slight smirk spreading across his lips.

Ashley shook her head with a small laugh as she nodded and pulled him in for a kiss.