- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update, I'm on a roll!  Thanks for reading and please review :)
Chapter 27

By the time the door opened, revealing a tallish, well dressed man in his late thirties, AJ and I were on our best behaviour.

“Ah, Mr and Mrs McLean I presume, do come in and take a seat” he said shaking our hands in turn “I’m Dr Jeremy Kyle”

“It’s Mahoney actually…Miss Mahoney” I corrected him and saw AJ smirk.

“My apologies Miss Mahoney” he smiled, flashing his bleached white sparkling teeth “please be seated”

I looked at AJ and then we both sat down on the plush leather sofa whilst Dr Kyle sat opposite in a leather tub chair. He seemed to be scanning through a file quickly and AJ and I shuffled in our seats a little uncomfortably, not knowing what to expect from this session.

“I hate things like this” whispered AJ “went through a shit load of therapy after my parents divorce”

“You never said” I whispered back

“Well, we haven’t exactly told each other our life stories yet, have we?” he whispered again and then pulled back when he noticed the doctor was looking at us.

“Right then, let me tell you a little bit about myself, why we are here and what I hope we can achieve” began Dr Kyle and he didn’t come up for air as he told us about himself and gave us facts and figures on divorce rates and how people today treat marriage as something they can just throwaway without even working at it. He said that for a successful marriage there has to be give and take on both sides and blah, blah, blah. I began to zone out after a while. He sure liked the sound of his own voice!

“So Stephanie, tell me one thing you like about Alexander? What first attracted you to him?” Dr Kyle asked, bringing me out of my daydream.

“Do I have to? What’s that going to achieve?” I protested

“Yes, you do and it’s to find out some of the positives about your marriage…don’t worry, I’ll be asking your husband the same question” he assured me

“OK then…his eyes” I said and blushed slightly

“There, that wasn’t so hard now was it?” Dr Kyle said “now same question to you Alexander”

“Smile, she has a nice smile” AJ said and he looked into my eyes and then lowered his gaze to my mouth. I instinctively licked my lips and remembered what it had felt like to feel AJ’s mouth against mine. I closed my eyes momentarily as a flashback took over…


He trailed hot kisses along my jaw and collarbone, whilst his hands expertly removed my bra.

“You…taste… so… fucking…good” he muttered and then focussed his attention on my now naked breasts, his tongue circling my nipples, making them stand to attention.

“Oh god” I moaned, throwing my head back into the pillows in ecstasy.

“Oh you like that huh? Well, that’s nothing compared to what I’m gonna do to you” he said huskily and moved back up the bed, placing kisses on every exposed bit of flesh until he captured my mouth with his and kissed me so deeply, and with so much intensity, I needed more…so much more and AJ was the man to give it to me…



I snapped out of my trance and blushed at the memory of the events that had followed that kiss.

“You see, you both seem to have a physical attraction to each other, no matter how hard you try to hide it. And if you are physically attracted, then I’m sure that between us, we can work the rest out” he advised.

The session lasted about an hour, and at the end, Dr Kyle told us he’d see us again in a couple of weeks.

“What a complete load of shit that was!” I exclaimed once we were out of there “that guy is getting paid a fortune to just talk crap. What a waste of time.”

“I know!” AJ agreed “and he fucking loved himself too, the prick!”

We both laughed as we recalled things Dr Jeremy Kyle had said.

“Well, I’d better get you home. I have somewhere to be in a little while…band stuff” he told me.

“OK” I replied and we walked to the car.

He drove me back, I thanked him for taking me and then he was gone and I was left alone on the steps of my house wondering if the next time I saw him again would be the next marriage guidance session. I hoped I’d see him before then. God, what is wrong with me, maybe that sleazeball Dr Kyle is right, maybe there is something between me and AJ.

I didn’t want to be cooped up inside on my own, it was too nice a day for that, so I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and then started walking. It was a beautiful day and I passed lots of people going about their business. I soon found myself at the pier and it sure beat the piers I’d walked along back home, it was packed full of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bakeries, and a whole host of other shops, it really was spectacular.

“Hot dog on a stick?” I said to myself as I noticed a place called ‘Craig’s Hot Dog on a Stick’. I’d never seen a hot dog on a stick before, and had no idea what a corn dog was, so I decided to give it a go. It wasn’t bad! Probably packed full of calories and god knows what else, but I’d be walking it off, so I wasn’t worried.

I also got myself a cotton candy as I strolled along the pier, walking past shops and occasionally stopping to browse.

I found my way home as the sun was beginning to set and although I thought it was a lovely place to live, I was already homesick for my family and friends and just another human being to talk to. I missed the office chatter even though I didn’t miss the office. I missed just calling up my friends whenever I wanted and getting together for our girls nights. True, I could easily call them, but it wasn’t the same. And if this was how I was feeling after just a few days, how was I going to be in a few weeks?

I needed a distraction of some sort, a job, even volunteer work. I just couldn’t be someone to sit around at home alone all day; I needed to interact with other people. Maybe if I found myself a job, I’d make friends and not feel like I’d made a huge mistake in coming here. Just maybe.
Chapter End Notes:
Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!