- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you like!

Chapter 28

The next couple of days passed by pretty quickly. I didn’t see AJ as the band were putting in some long hours in the studio, but he sent me a text to see how I was settling in and I replied, letting him know that I was busy unpacking.

My belongings from home finally arrived and so did the furniture I’d bought at Touch Wood. So organising things where I wanted them took a little time, but was so worth it when I’d finished. The house felt more homely with my familiar possessions in it.

After being cooped up for a couple of days, I desperately needed to get out for some fresh air and exercise. I decided that going for a run would be a good idea and changed into my workout clothes (joggers, vest top and trainers) and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

I was just walking down my drive, not really paying attention as I fiddled with my iPod, when I was stopped by a gorgeous looking guy. Fucking hell, he’s lush!

“Hi, you must be my new neighbour” he said in an English accent, by the sound of it, I’d say from up north somewhere, possibly Yorkshire. I was quite surprised to come across another English person, especially as he was living next door to me.

“Just moved in a few days ago, I’m Steph Mahoney” I said

“Lucas North” he introduced himself as “welcome to LA. I take it you’ve just moved here from England?”

“Yeah, and it’s kind of strange, but I’m sure I’ll feel at home soon” I answered

“I’m sure you will. What brings you here?” he asked

“Erm…” I was a little stuck for words. I’d only just met this guy, I wasn’t about to tell him my life story.

“I’m sorry, I’m a nosey sod aren’t I” he chuckled

“No, not at all” I reassured him “let’s just say it’s complicated”

“Ah right” he said “I’ll ask no more”

“How long have you been here? I detect a northern accent” I enquired

“A little over two years, I’m a writer and my wife is an actress, so it made sense really” he explained

Good god, he was stunning and if he wasn’t married, he’d be my kind of man! You’re married too Steph…remember AJ?

We chatted for a few more minutes and then said we’d better get on.

“Well, my wife and I are only next door, you don’t have to be a stranger” he smiled.

“Thanks, I’ll remember that” I said and carried on down the drive.

I ran for a couple of miles and it felt good to feel the warm breeze whipping at my face and my muscles getting a much needed stretch. I was no fitness freak by any means, but I did try to work out a couple of times a week.

“Shit” I exclaimed as I approached home and saw someone walking down my drive and another car waiting outside. The rental car was being collected today and I’d completely forgotten about it.

“Sorry” I told the man from the car rental place “I completely forgot. I’ll just get the keys”

“No problem” he replied “I’ve already checked the car and everything seems to be in order, I just need you to sign this form and remove any personal possessions left in the car”

“OK” I said and dashed into the house for the keys, leaving him standing outside.

I’d definitely need to get myself a car now, and after seeing so many nice looking cars around, I had a rough idea of what I wanted. I wanted a convertible.

Later that day, after seeing off the rental car and taking a shower after my run, I decided to go car hunting. Naturally I didn’t know where to start, but I was in no rush, I wasn’t about to buy the first car I saw.

I went to a few car dealerships, starting with the Volvo dealer. My Dad had owned a Volvo S40 a few years back and always said it was the best car he’d ever owned, he regretted it when he traded it in for a Saab. So I knew a Volvo must be a good car. I began looking around and it wasn’t long before a salesman spotted me.

“Can I help you?” he asked

“I’m just looking for now, but I’ll let you know if I need any assistance” I answered.

“Of course” he answered

“Actually…do you have any convertibles?” I asked

“Certainly, if you’d like to follow me. We have the C70 at $39,950 which comes in a choice of either black, silver or metallic flamenco red” he conveyed

I followed him over to the display model, which was in red, and liked what I saw. It was a hard top convertible with black leather interior and the salesman began spouting off all the features of the car. It was all a little too technical for me and I switched off when he was on about valves and fuel tank capacity. All I was concerned about was that it looked nice, had an MP3/CD player, air conditioning and wireless connectivity and I liked the steering mounted audio controls.

“Could I take it for a test drive?” I asked

“Sure” he replied and I had to complete a form before I was allowed to drive it off the premises.

The car really was lovely and I could totally see myself owning one, but I wasn’t going to commit myself just yet.

“I’ll have a think about it” I told the salesman “I have a few other places to look first”

I paid visits to Volkswagen, Audi, BMW and Mazda. I test drove a bright red Audi TT, really putting my foot down to feel the power, but wasn’t sure whether I actually wanted to own it.

I eventually went back to the Volvo place and bought the first car I saw, the Volvo C70 in metallic flamenco red. I filled out all the paperwork and paid for the car in full, which surprised the salesman. I’m sure he was expecting me to ask for finance.

“Here you go Miss Mahoney, it’s all yours” he beamed at me once we’d completed everything “pleasure doing business with you”

“Thank you” I said, taking the keys and all the paperwork. Then I got into my new car, started it up and drove away.

I decided to take a drive along the scenic coastal road as I’d not really driven far since I’d been here. In no time at all it seemed, I found myself in Santa Monica, the place where AJ lived. The roads seemed a little busier here and the streets a little more crowded than where I lived, but I could see the attraction to Santa Monica and decided that I’d have to pay it a proper visit one day.

I found myself looking out at the people, looking to see if AJ were one of them. Stop being silly and drive home, you’re not going to see him and if you do, what will you say?

I turned to head back home, passing a motorbike or two along the way. Wonder if it could’ve been AJ? Turning the music up loud on a radio station which seemed to be playing good music, I put him out of my mind and concentrated on the road.

“Fuck Steph, are you totally friggin blind behind the wheel?” called a familiar deep voice when I pulled up outside my house “I’ve been trying to get your attention for about two miles”

I turned to see AJ in his biker gear, astride his bike, which was next to my new car, he looked sexy as hell.

“AJ” I gasped “what are you doing here?”

“Nice way to greet your husband” he chuckled and got off the bike “I thought it was you in the car, so I turned around and followed you. I’ve been meaning to stop by or call you, but work got in the way”

“It’s OK, you don’t have to feel obligated to visit or call, like I’m some burdensome elderly relative” I said, feeling like that’s exactly what I was to him, minus the elderly part.

“Hey, I’m here because I want to be here. But if you don’t want me here, then I’ll go” he said and lowered his head.

“I didn’t say that, stop trying to twist things” I raised my voice at him slightly. God, he infuriated me at times.

“Well, do we have to stand out here on the street, or are you going to ask me in?” he asked

“Would you like to come in Alex?” I asked in my sweetest voice

“That would be lovely Stephanie” he replied in a put on gentlemanly voice, and he followed me into the house “nice car by the way”

“Thanks, I just bought it today” I confessed excitedly “I always wanted a convertible”

“You’ll have to take me for a ride sometime” he said and grinned wickedly

I gave him a glare “your mind is in the gutter” but so is mine!

We just looked at each other for what seemed like ages, then before I knew it, his lips were on mine and his arm had snaked around my back, pulling me closer. I didn’t pull away. In fact, I responded with equal enthusiasm, unzipping his leather jacket and sliding it down his heavily tattooed arms, letting it fall to the floor in a heap. His hands gathered to hem of my top and in a flash; it joined the jacket on the floor.

“You sure?” he asked breathlessly

“Shut up and kiss me” I said and he happily obliged, twisting his hands into my hair whilst I wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting him closer. My heart was beating rapidly as I felt AJ’s desire for me pressing against me through our clothes.

“I wanna do more than just kiss you” he said raggedly and then brought his mouth back down to mine, muffling the soft moans that were escaping my mouth.

We left a trail of clothes on the way to the bedroom and fell into my comfortable new bed.

“Oh god yes” I moaned as he pushed into me forcefully “oh fuck yeah”

“I’m gonna fuck you senseless” he said moving slowly and deliberately, pulling all the way out and then filling me to the hilt. I moved my hips to take him deeper and dragged my nails down his back in ecstasy as we moved together.

“So…fucking…good” he panted and we rolled over so that I was on top of him “oh fuck yeah”

I threw my head back and ground down on him, taking everything he had. It wasn’t long before I felt waves of intense pleasure building up within me, about to explode.

“Oh god…Alex…fuck…yeah” I screamed out as my orgasm took over.

He gripped my hips and thrust up hard and fast against me until his body began to tremble and he was overcome with his own release. He pulled me down so that we were flush against each other and kissed me, his fingers knotting in my hair. We laid there, bodies entwined, until it darkened outside and only the moon and stars lit up the sky.

“Stay?” I asked in a whisper
Chapter End Notes:
Wouldn't it be nice to swap places with her!  Thanks for reading :)