- Text Size +
Nick left Alex’s house heading where his heart was meant to be. He wanted to hug star and never let her alone again. He was so deep in thought he didn’t realize how fast he was going till he almost hit the car in front of him. He slowed down and sighed hoping to soon reach the airport and be in Arizona by that night. He made it to the airport booked his flight and was headed to Arizona having no idea what he was in for when he found star. He decided to sleep on the plane and when he did his mind was flooded with thoughts of star and how they were always together. He remembered things like it happened yesterday. The cuddling on the couch the eating popcorn and watching movies but most of all the thing he remembers most is being with her intimately and just together he felt so real but yet he still cant understand why she makes him feel so good. He dreamed of her and smiled as a tear ran down his face when he realized he was crying he sat up and knew then that he missed having her around him all the time.

He kept driving as he thought in his head about how beautiful she truly was to him.

She looked so beautiful, an angel in my eyes we made love all night and it was different from Willa and I. I don’t know what I’m doing when I’m around her I cant breathe without star I know that sounds crazy but I never stopped thinking about the time I spent with her it was amazing.

“Hold on star hold on I’m coming home.” He finally said that outloud for himself to hear those words. Home, it was true. He felt it. Star was his home. At least that’s what he thought about and what he felt in his heart.

~~~

When Nick arrived in Arizona, he bought himself a rental car and was heading to Star’s place when he got a really bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, like the ones he got when he thought something was wrong with any of his family or friends. But he shook it off as being hunger pains but he had no idea just how right those pains were. Something bad had happened but could he handle what he will find. He pulled into the complex where Star lives, so wanting to just run and hug her and tell her he was home some how he already knew she would know.



~~~



Star heard a car pull in to the driveway, she pulled the blankets over her self, just hiding and hoping who ever it was would never find her. The one person she wanted she knew would never want her after what Eddy did to her.

~~~
Nick approached the door to Star’s apartment and when he saw the door was hanging open he was a little worried because star never leaves her door open. He walked inside nearly tripping because there were no lights in the apartment. Star let everything get shut off because she was scared to go outside, afraid Eddie would be lurking around every corner. Nick picked himself up and found a candle lighting it when he saw the piles of clothes and bills laying on the floor his heart sank he wasn’t sure whether she left because of him or exactly what happened but he was going to find out. He decided to check upstairs to see if anyone was around he really hoped star was ok. He started going up the steps towards her bedroom wondering what he would find waiting for him when he got there.

Star heard footsteps heading towards her room she grabbed the blanket tighter, wanting to just disappear. Maybe the person wouldn’t notice her, maybe the person would just walk right by. She prayed that the person would go away she was so in thought that she didn’t hear the door opening or the person stepping inside all she could see was a faint light a candle. Nick looked around Star's room holding his nose as a real bad odor seeped through the air. He didn't where the smell was coming from or didnt know what the strench was. So he just kept looking and when he saw something on the bed he thought it was more clothes until he got closer. The blanket started shaking and he heard heavy breathing and sobbing. Then he recognized that cry and almost started crying himself as he said

"Star is that you? Its me, Nick im going to take the blanket off of you now. I'm not going to make any fast movements. What happened to you? Why is it so dark in here?"

Star cried even harder when she heard Nick's voice. She had dreamed so many times he would come back and take her away from this place and now he was here. The only problem was how could she feel safe with Nick anymore.

"Nick is that you? Its dark because everything got turned off, Im used to the darkness after all its all that surrounds me anymore."

"Yes it's me Nick or at least part of me I don’t know anymore."

"Why did you leave me, nick, why? You could of stayed here with me a little longer then maybe nothing bad would of happened and I wouldn’t be like this."

Nick didn’t understand what star was talking about. She seemed different, not the same person he met months ago. What the hell happened, he didn’t know but was going to make sure he found out.

"Star if you needed money you could’ve called. I would of helped you with anything you know that. If you missed me that much you sure didn’t show it by not calling or returning any of my calls. Did you even know I still think about the time we spent together and how I cant breathe when im not around you. I know it sounds crazy but I feel so right being here with you, in this moment right now."

"Nick how can you say I didn’t miss you. I called everyday and you never answered back so I stopped trying, thinking I was crazy to believe you cared about me like I do you or like I did. No, don’t take the blanket off please don’t touch me just stay where you are Nick. You cant help me, no one can not anymore."

Star layed there listening to nick, not understanding how he can feel like that about her. After what had happened, wait nick doesn’t know what that monster did to me. I’m calling out for help and nick doesn’t notice something is wrong. Do I have to cry for him to see me.

"Star what has gotten into you, im not going to hurt you. I did answer your calls. But every time I called, it said disconnected so don’t you dare lay there and tell me I don’t care or feel for you like you do me. I don’t know what these feelings are, Star. I'm so confused but every time I see you I feel alive. Don’t make me look like a bad guy, im worried sick about you and you tell me not to touch you why."

Star looks at nick saying "because you wouldn’t understand that’s why. You don’t know what its like to be violated or hurt. Damn it, Nick just go away. Leave me alone, you weren’t here then so why are you here now besides it’s not like you would want me anymore. I'm dirty and used. Don’t look at me."

"Star what are you talking about, of course I want you and your not dirty. What, wait do you mean violated, whoa did somebody touch you, did someone hurt you. Sweetie talk to me, please tell me what happened. Nick holds Star close when he went to sit on the bed.

"Its ok I’m not gotta let anyone hurt you I got you now."

Star screams and cries begging to be left alone.

"GO"

But Nick just holds her, not hurting her and she cries even harder, breaking down, sobbing so hard that she cant breath. Nick sat there with a look on his face, he now knew he had to find out. Something was wrong but it killed him because he didn't know. He, again looked back at her when she started to talk again.

"I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m confused too. Can you just hold me so I can get myself together. I do care for you nick, I just...I’m struggling so bare with me and I didn’t mean what I said about no one helping me. I want your help. I just don’t know how to take it, ok?"

Nick held Star close, letting her know it was ok, looking in her eyes not seeing the shine he once saw every time he would stare into them. He was so confused and angry but didn’t know why he felt like that. She was in pain, he wanted to make it go away. This is what he thought. Star was telling him to leave when all he wanted was to be with her and he wasn’t giving up with out a fight no matter what he had to do. He held her until she cried herself to sleep then he put her back in the bed. He went to clean up her apartment the best he could. He had to find away to get through to her and make her see he was there for her but how? He didn’t even know where to start, all he felt was sadness for her.

"God I just wish she would talk to me, am I that bad of a person? She really doesn’t want me around. I know I don’t always make things easy and can be chaotic sometimes but she doesn’t know how much I really need her. Ok, now I’m talking crazy what is wrong with me. Have I lost my mind, am I really talking to myself… I guess I am, well, self if your listening help me to help Star find the light through all the darkness."
He took a seat before hearing Star scream.

~~~

Star tossed and turned in her sleep she was having one of them again, she had them many of nights, always trying to fight them off in her sleep but they still manage to come back to haunt her every night.

"You can scream all you want, no one can hear you. Nick will never want you now. This is your friends fault if she would have let me touch her, I wouldn’t have to hurt you but oh well I’m going to like it so much."

"Leave me alone you jerk, leave me alone, why are you doing this to me, what did I ever do to you?"

"Oh nothing, I’m gonna enjoy every moment of this and you cant get away so go ahead yell all you want it makes it more fun for me."

Star sits straight up in bed, screaming.

"NO NO LEAVE ME ALONE GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU DAMN PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE."

She starts crying even harder, holding her self as she trys to catch her breath hoping Nick didn’t hear her screaming. As she was battling with her self trying to find away out of her hidden nightmares, the only thing was this would be the beginning of it all.

~~~

Back At Atlanta, Kris tells Alex the big secret...