- Text Size +
I was sitting on my bed overlooking my schedule when there was a knock at my door. "Come in"
I said to the person on the outside of the door somehow praying this is all my imagination and that I’m still at home asleep on my floor. The door opened and in came a beautiful woman with some paper work in her hands so i assumed she was Kris my counselor... did I say counselor i mean my jailor. "Hello Mr. Mclean, I am Kris, your counselor i want to lay down some ground rules with you that every patient here at the center must obey before we go over your schedule.
Rule 1: Absolutely no sexual conduct permitted what so ever.
Rule2: No unauthorized visitors permitted on premises.
Rule3: Meetings are mandatory no excuses.
Rule4: No smoking this is against the rules listed in our policy.
Rule5: You must report back to you room by curfew which is not negotiable. Do you understand all the rules Mr. Mclean?"
“Yes I understand now can you explain this thing to me please? Ok your schedule is broken up in to 2 columns chores and meetings.”
"Chores what am I child now?"
“I don’t know if you’re a child Mr. Mclean. I’m just stating the rules like they are and if you don’t like it then you don’t need to be here and obviously don’t need help like you want. Besides chores help you build character which I see you have a problem with Mr. Mclean. The chores and meetings are listed under different days and you can see it’s hourly. So first things’ first your off to detoxification so grab your schedule and follow me. I hope you’re not chlosterphobic because you’re going to be in a small room for the next several days."
“I’m not chlosterphobic and I have character.”
That’s when he flashes his smile at her. She turned away rolling her eyes as she thought “Great, he’s going be more trouble then I need.”
“Hello, are you gonna show me where I’m going to be detox at or are you too busy staring off in to space.”
He smirks.
“Right this way Mr. Mclean prepare yourself it’s not easy as you make it sound.”
He looks down the never ending hallway and thinks.
“I’m really doing this. I have to be crazy but I promised Nick and most of all I promised myself. Detox should be a breeze. This isn’t my first rodeo but hopefully it’s my last.