- Text Size +
Since Alex was starting his second month at the Pheonix Facility he was doing very well with the private meetings he had with Kris and then the group session. Things really didn't start getting interesting until about the third month. His bond with Nick was becoming special. Nick and him even had late night chats together. He had a brother he was counting on and a brother that was counting on him. Another reason is because the more Kris and Alex talked the closer they got.
It was something that really made him sane at the moment. He felt this closeness to Kris and the more meetings he continued with her the more safe he was. She was in his heart. He knew that for a fact. He really liked the thought that they were secretly into each other but it was still kept as a secret. This drove him nuts. The night on a personal meeting, it was his twenty-second day in month two. He had called Nick to bring him a rose. His secret would be becoming the secret admirer.
His role would be the rose keeper of someone's heart. He told Nick nothing about this but he played it on good. Nick played his cards good too by not telling Alex he was dating Amanda Willaford again. He knew Alex would be pissed but yet again, what was Alex's secret? Everyone had secrets now. This would be only the beginning. Nick and Alex kept secrets from each other. As brothers, this wouldn't be an affect or would it? Kris' heart would be a secret but Alex's secret was the worse.
This is the beginning of night One of the Secret Rose Admirer. But now thats another story.

~~~

The night of the twenty-second day, Alex had put one rose on Kris' desk in her office. A note that was typed so she didn't know the writing. Alex may act like a child but he was smart enough to cover his tracks. The only thing he did in fancing writing was the signature of the Secret Admirer. He left the note and the rose there. He went back into his room, he saw Kris waiting there for him. This was new. He was actually nervous. He had no clue why or maybe he did know in his heart of why he was so nervous.
He thought in his head "God, she's going to know." He was interrupted when Kris got his attention.

"Alex, Baby.."

"Baby?"

"Sorry i had to snap you out of it somehow."

"Oh, haha funny. What's today's meeting about."

"I figured you would tell me something I don't know."

He laughed at the thought and smirked.

"What's funny, Alex?"

"Oh, nothing."

If only she knew about the rose that was laying on her desk. Kris had snapped him out of it again.

"Alex, what is up with you? Is there a reason why you're being weird?"

"No reason. Let's just start the meeting ok babe?"

"Why do you insist on flirting?"

"Can't help it. You're so resistable."

"Haha."

She smiled and walked over to him. She gave him a hug and he held her tight. This was away for them to form more of their bondness. Alex's safe spot.

"Do you want to know two things that you don't know?"

"What? Tell me."

They got closer and then started dancing with no music playing. He was being romantic without realizing it. He squeezed her tight and kissed the top of her head.

"Alex. Don't. You know the rules."

"I know. But you're my best friend and my safe spot. You keep me safe and make feel like I'm myself."

"I'm your best friend. Really?"

"Yes, you are."

He held her tighter and felt her breath on his neck and felt both their hearts pounding. He never felt this close without some intimacy involved. All Sarah ever
wanted was the sex. This was nice. He wanted this with Kris. He smiled as he held her close. He was glad that he had put the rose on her desk. It would last until she figured it out
but he perfer to tell her. That was his thing. He thought of her as a best friend but yet he thought of falling in love with her. This was confusing and now one interesting meeting.

~~~

After that night of dancing and knowing that he felt the way he did. He sent her rose every night even on group session night. She never mentioned it to him or even bought it up. All
of his roses went unanswered. The night before a group session night, he had encountered her throwing away the roses. He didn't know why she did that. But he did go up to her and put his hand on her
shoulder and dragged her into his room.

"Alex, what the hell?"

"Why are throwing those roses away? Someone out there is loving you woman."

"I know but i don't have time for the person. I have another person I love."

"Oh, really who?"

"Well its a client so it cant happen."

"It's me isn't it."

He said it without stampering.

"No..... Yes.. Alex dont start. please. we have to be friends."

"I know besides Sarah is back in the picture."

"What? You're not ready for a relationship."

"Its been two months now. Im two months sober and stuck in this hell hold."

"Ok, if you're in hell then I'm the devil."

"Yes. Get out Kris"

"You cant tell me to leave."

"Well, i can't talk to you now. You made me feel this way."

"Fine then bye MR. MCLEAN!!!"

"Bye BIT...I mean MISS KRIS!"

She stormed out of his room and then he layed on his bed. Tomorrow he had to face her again but how can he do this? He loves her and he felt it. He just got hurt when he saw her throwing away his roses
and then he knew he hurt her by getting back with Sarah. "I'm not ready for a relationship my ass." He thought. "She would have dated me but i said someone else and she flips. I guess she wasnt the right one."
He eventually played the events in his mind and woke up the next morning with a scar on his heart. He felt alone again but how? He was going to talk to Nick today.

~~~All Hell Breaks Loose...~~

The night Of group session, Alex finally got two hours alone with Nick. No fights attended but this was something that was going to happen anyways. Alex and Nick sat in Alex's room. Nick finally spoke when Alex
sighed for the fourth time.

"You know thats annoying right?"

"What? Me sighing?"

"Yes, its like a depress sound. What's up with you bro?"

"Nothing. I got in a fight with Kris."

"Over what?"

"Secret for a secret bro."

"Well... ok."

The room got hot and Alex told Nick about being the rose secret admirer and what they fought about. Nick wasn't too happy but he understood the pain his bro felt about love. Nick didn't believe he would find love but he did believe his brother did.
Nick saw how happy he was and he wasn't thrilled when he heard Alex being back with Sarah. Truthfully he hated her but now it was his turn to tell Alex about Willa or Mandy.

"Alex, my secret is being with Mandy again."

"What? WHY? Do you like getting hit on?"

"Well, no. She hasn't hit me Alex."

"Well, just watch it. She lays a hand on you one time Nickolas i SWEAR TO GOD ILL KILL HER MYSELF!"

"OK DONT YELL."

"Is there a problem boys?"

Kris walked in and looked straight at Alex. It was like a hundred knives cutting in him. He responded to her and she told them they had so many minutes left of the conversation and then had to go to the group session. She walked out and left them there.
Alex felt like an ass but he did pull her to him before they walked into the meeting.

"Alex. stop. You're too close."

Meanwhile Eddy walked up.

"Hey sweet thing. I have a problem I want to talk to you about after the meeting."

"Eddy stop saying things like that."

Eddy didn't care. He grabbed Kim away from Alex's grip and then touched her side. Eddy looked at Alex.

"Oh, Alex you need to back up off of her."

"Don't tell me what to do and you need to do the same."

"Boys no fighting."

Meanwhile Star walked up to help Kris out of her situation.

"What is going on here?"

"My two clients being jackasses that's what. Alex, this is my friend Star."

"Nice to meet you"

"You too."

"No one introduces me."

"Shut up, Eddy."

"Alex, be nice."

But it was too late. The temper flared and the fists went flying. It wasn't Alex it was more of Eddy. Star tried to pull Eddy off then Nick rushed out and saw what was happening and he helped by pulling Alex back. Star called for backup. The story was
set straight. Eddy was appointed back to his room and stayed there. Meanwhile, Star talked to Nick, Alex, and Kris.

"Thank you..um.."

"Nick Carter."

"Star McCullen."

"Nice to meet you and you're welcome."

They shook hands and there was a spark for just a moment until Alex pulled him away.

"I'll take Nick in there, Alex."

"Thanks Star. I need to talk to Kris real quick anyways."

Star took Nick to his seat. Nick whispered to her ear saying "do you do counseling too?" She looked him in the eyes. "Yes i do. We will talk later."

Meanwhile in the hallway, Alex is close enough to Kim to feel both of their breaths in each other's face.

"IM SORRY."

"Jinx."

"Haha, alex."

"Seriously forgive me?"

"Yes. Do you?"

"Yes. I want to start this meeting now."

"Ok let's start."

~~~

Kris walked in with Alex. Heads turned and they heard mumbling under peoples' breath and whispering too. Nick looked at Star as soon as she stood up. He thought "confident woman."

"Listen guys, My name is Star McCullen. Im a good friend of Kris Mcdaniels. Otherwise, known as Miss Kris. Im here to observe but since there was a little incident with one of her clients. Ill be monitoring this meeting today"

Star walked to the front and let Kris sit down beside Alex. It was now showing that they were really good friends now. There was no hiding it. Star started the meeting off very well and sent those back that were done. The only two that was left for the meeting was Nick and Alex. They sat there all still and quiet. Kris finally spoke first for once. She felt like a client too. She knew that Star would help her comfront Alex about the roses for once. She couldn't stand feeling like he was out of her reach.
She grabbed his hand and said, "I trust you. You're my best friend too. I knew it was you that did the roses, Alex." He gulped down his salvia. He was now confused.
"Im sorry, Kris. I wanted to tell you. I feel so much when im With you."
"I know."

She held her true feelings away for another day and Alex kept his inside because honestly he was scared of knowing the truth of every emotion he had. He sat there and told Nick what he felt and said what he needed too. Just another meeting to get through. Next one would be hard. Kris and Sarah. Same room. Scary..

~~~Month Three Rose of The End~~~

Month three was the beginning. It was the twenth day. He had everything happen to him in about two weeks or so. From going towards Kris as a love to getting back with Sarah. Meeting Star a best friend of Kris'. This made him think that he should be friends with Star too. Then he would know everything. This meeting would be one of his last meetings because Kris would have to take him through activities of daily life. It was to teach him how to not be around alcohol or fight not to drink. His meeting would
consist of having Sarah. She was suppose to be here the night after the group meeting but they arranged it for her to be here today on his last meeting. He thought it was because she had to know his rules. No fight was permitted this time but there wouldn't be a fight because Kris didn't show up. It was Star. Nick was here with Sarah but where was Kris? He didn't have time to think. He just sat down and waited for the meeting to start. The others were dismissed after their turn and then Alex was called up on his own. Nick and Alex talked and
then Alex and Sarah. Star went over the rules to help them get life on track and then Nick went up to Star after they left.

"Where's Kris, Star?

"She didn't feel good."

"Right. Just tell me the truth."

"Ok. She didn't want to see Alex with Sarah. She would have been upset."

"I know. I'm not the only one that sees they are in love with each other."

"Nope. I know they love each other."

Star smiled and started packing up her things.

"Let me help you."

"Oh, Nick. No it's fine really."

"No its not. I should help."

"You help just by telling me what Alex thinks of Kris."

"Haha Nice try."

They laughed about their friends falling in love. Secretly they didn't know it was forming a bond of some sort for them. Nick helped her that night and lead her back to her office.

"So do you work all the time?"

"Practically live here."

"You're kidding right?"

"Maybe."

His cell goes off and ignores it. He looked back at Star.

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine. If you have to go, I understand."

"No no it's not that. Its my girlfriend anyways."

"Oh. Well ok."

"Major pain in the butt."

"Yeah. Had an ex i understand."

His cell goes off again. This time he takes the call. Star can hear the conversation and it hurts her to know he's dating some girl who doesn't really seem to care or so she thinks. He ends up leaving that night. They make a date for coffee another day.

~~~

"Where were you?"

"I was sick, Alexander."

"Dont get hateful. I just asked."

"Sorry. How did the meeting go with Star?"

"It went good. Wish you were there."

"I know."

They gave each other a hug and talked for a bit. Why was he feeling so different with her? He didn't understand this reason. He would only have a month with her and he was scared of that. He didn't want his friendship or whatever it was to end. So when he spoke again he did the unthinkable.

"When I leave, please visit me. Stay with me as a friend. I mean you could even live out in Atlanta with me."

"Alex, you're crazy. Atlanta? I cant.. my job."

"So? you're point is?"

He smirked at her and how she loved that smirk. They were in love but they just needed to tell each other that. It was tearing them upside down and inside out because of not being so close as they truly were.

"Ok. Alex whatever. We will see."

"I have a month woman so you better figure it out."

"HAHA.. do you have to be bossy?"

"Yes you know you love me when im aggressive."

"That will be a no comment."

She walked away to do her work and he went to his bedroom for the day. He now knew his emotions or so he thinks. A rose could only tell.