- Text Size +
Star had hung up with Nick and decided she would call Kris to tell her about the letter but the thing is, she decided to drive over there. So she grabbed her keys and her purse and opened the door. When she walked out, she saw another car in her drive way. She saw the car once before but didn't know where it came from. Nick was sitting inside of it. She walked over to the car and tapped on the window.

"Nick, what are you doing here?"
"Uh, what?"
"What are you doing here? I just got off the phone with you."
"I know but I was sitting here first and then decided I would call."
"Ok... Nick is everything alright? Is Alex fine?"
"Oh yeah, he's fine. He was broading the plane to go back to Atlanta which reminds me, I have something to tell you."
"What's that?"
"I'll be leaving soon for Atlanta."
"I thought you lived here."
"I have a house here but Willa insists on going back to our real house."
"Oh, alright."
"Hey, do you want to catch a movie or take our dogs for a walk tonight? It gives me something to do."
"Oh, I'm glad im something for you to do."
"I mean us. That's if you're not busy."
"Well, I was on my way to see Kris. So maybe after, we can do that."
"Alright I'll be here."
"Just dont wait here all day. I have neighbors. They might think you're weird or something."
"Ha. Thats funny. I think I am weird as it is."
"Oh shut up nick. Now move your car so i can get out of here."
"Let me drive you."

Star hesitated and then said "alright." She got into his car. Nick drove her to Kris' house and they both got out of the vehicle.

"What do you think you're doing?"
"Nothing. I'm coming inside."
"If she sees you, Nick she'll think something."
"Oh really. Enlighten me please."
"Oh stop it."

She walked to the door. She knocked only once then found the door was unlocked. She went in with Nick following behind her. He was like a lost puppy trying to discover himself. He should have been just as lost as Alex was with his emotions. He walked in behind her when she walked into the living room. They both found her laying on the couch. Kim had tears and tissues everywhere. She was listening to her heart break even more. She looked up and found Star and Nick in the room.
"What are both of you doing here?"
"We are here because I wanted to tell you that Alex got your note. He said thank you, it made him smile."

With those words, she cried even more. She couldn't see Nick or Star in her eyes anymore, just a blurred vision. She wanted Alex. She wanted to hide.

Meanwhile Alex was boarding his plane with Sarah. He started realizing the differences between her and Sarah. It hurt to think of Kris' name in his head. So he decided to call Kim her. He was in his own deep thoughts. He was in the place he hurt the most. He wanted a drink but no. He decided to call Nick before he thought of worse things. He pulled out his cell phone before turning it off. He called Nick one time but all he got was the ringer. It killed him. He
wondered what could he be doing?

~~~

Nick was back at the house with Star and Kris. He forgot to bring his phone in so it was left in the car. He didn't think he needed it. His attention was on Star anyways. He watched her take care of Kris and her friend's emotions. He didnt know that someone could feel that with his brother. He could tell it was true love at least for Kris anyways. He sat in one of the chairs and watched the scene unfold in front of his eyes. Kris was starting to pack. He gazed on wide-eyed and
looked towards Star like she could do something to stop her.

"What do you think you're doing, Kris?"
"I cant be away from him. I have to go to Atlanta."
"You cant just pack up and leave. What about your house and your job?"
"I'll transfer and Alex said I could live with him."
"Do you think he'll want you to live with him if Sarah is there? Besides it'll cause problems because you cant stand her being with him."
"So, ill make it work. I will."

She cried harder with every piece of clothing she had and finally Nick stood up and wrapped his arms around Kim. He was trying to calm her down. He held her close and told Star to get some blankets. The thing is Kris didn't want blankets so she broke Nick's embrace.

"You ARE NOT him."

She packed everything. She told Star that she was leaving. She gave her notice to the landlord of where she lived and then told her job to go stick it. She had transferred. She was on her way to Atlanta all in one day.


~~~



Alex hated his plane ride. It was very uncomfortable. Now he was on his way home in the car. This would be home again. It felt different. He felt different. His mind went back to the last four months. He remember everything even the day he pretended to be asleep.


~FLASHBACK~

Alex layed in his bed when he heard Kris knocking on his door. He was half asleep so he didn't bother. He just layed there in the Pheonix Facility bed, shirtless. He heard Kris walk in the room. He didn't budge. He was good at pretending to be asleep. He snuggled in his covers a little more. He layed there and waited to hear Kris move things around. Then he felt Kris pull the covers up and then felt her lay in the bed beside him. God he loved the thought of laying next to her. Then he put his arms around her. He felt her snuggle against him. He thought this was away of being ok.
He knew where his safe spot was. She was laying in this bed next to him. It was the most sane place to be in the moment. So sane that he and her fell asleep together in the bed. He didn't like the fact of waking up and not seeing her beautiful face right there. He did know that she had to leave because of the rules. So it was ok after waking up. He had his moment with her.

~End Flashback~

He thought of that day. He knew that place so well. He just didn't understand of why he touched Sarah's hand, it wasnt the same safe place. He went to hold her hand again and still yet no feeling. He took a hold of her hand the third time and he felt Kris instead. It was like she was the one sitting there. He was falling for her. He knew it this time but how could he tell her. Just how? He unfolded the note she had given him. He read it over. His mind was focused on every word. "Maybe she does love me too." He thought this a couple of times. Then was interuppted by Sarah.

"Baby, what is wrong with you? You're so distant."
"Nothing is wrong. Im just thinking baby. It's hard to come home."
"Aw I know. What are you reading?"

He smiled before answering. He said it so proudly.

"Im reading the note that my counselor gave me."
"Oh. Your close to her arent you?"
"Yes. Best friends."
"Thats an interesting story."

Sarah was jealous over the thought of someone being Alex's best friend, especially if it was a girl. She had issues on the thought of that. She didn't like this counselor as it was. At least she wouldnt have to worry about her or so she thinks. When they got to the house, they unpacked Alex's things. He walked in and saw all the stuff that he had done to the house before he left. Sarah didn't clean his house while he was gone and he found his dogs all tied up. He was pissed. He told Sarah to go shopping while he stayed and cleaned up everything. Why was his life turning out like this? He
did everything he was suppose too. He hurt big time. He fixed his house and then found out he had a stash of alcohol. He took the bottles. He looked at the bottles closely and then poured them down the drain. He thought of the things Kris said then he thought of Nick. "Dont let them down." He was fine with everything. He threw the bottles away and then realized Sarah was home. So he thought it was her.

~~~

Kris felt Alex as if he was standing right next to her at the airport. She couldnt help but think if he was feeling her too. Then she felt a hand as if it was into hers but no one was touching her. She whispered to herself, "Alex." She was truly in love with him. She kept moving in the line and then boarded the plane. She told Star and Nick bye when they dropped her off. So no one was telling their goodbyes to her. It made it easier to leave. She got on the plane and took her seat. Looked at her phone and saw the man she loved before turning it off. Her thoughts ran high and emotions were very hard to control
now. She thought of him all the time. She knew he was the one.

Meanwhile Star and Nick were on their way back to Star's house. It was now around evening time. Star looked at Nick and she would study his face until he caught her staring at him. She was feeling weird about this feeling of him getting in the car and driving her around. It was like marriage already. No, no, and no. No marriage. She was not doubting or trying to know this man. She just absolutely didnt have the time for this. Besides he had a girl and she had a life.

"What are you looking at?"
"Oh nothing. Just studying your face. Do you know you lick your lips too much?"
"No I dont.. Im insulted."

He had a playful look in his eyes and then licked his lips again.

"See, you lick them."
"Do not."
"Do too."

They continued this as they pulled up in the driveway. They decided to walk their dogs and get to know each other a little more. Nick felt safe around Star. He wasnt afraid to be his self or be crazy. In fact, most of the time Star brought it out of him. He liked the idea of walking at night with just them and the dogs. This was something Willa would never do with him. He told Star that. He told her lots of things that most people didnt know about. This made them closer. As they started walking back towards the house and walked into the door. Nick had put his arm around Star. Star jumped to the touch and
looked at him.

"Sorry. Didnt mean to scare you."
"It's ok. Do you want anything?"
"Yes a blanket, a mountain dew, and a pizza."
"Do I look like a hotel?"
"Well, no but I will help."

He kissed her cheek and called for a pizza. Star got a blanket and the drinks. They had to pick out a movie and ended up watching "The Notebook." Nick had a thing for watching chick flicks every now and then. Since it was one of Star's favorites and Nick loving the movie too, it was easy for them to agree on. Nick had sat down on the couch and kicked off his shoes. Star had gone up stairs and changed into night clothing. She came back down and found Nick on the couch. He was already under the blanket and she didn't know he was under there with nothing on besides boxers. This made her heart sank.

"Seriously Nick, Am I a hotel?"
"No, now shut up and lay on the couch with me."

She was scared of the thought of being so close to him and better yet even in night cloths. She took her place be side him. Then the door bell rung.

"Ill get that. You stay, ok?"
"Ok."

Nick went to the door and got the pizza. He came back with the pizza and they both had dug into it. Star was actually eating how Nick does. This shocked Nick big time. He never met a girl who could down pizza like he could. He chuckled at the thought.

"What's funny?"
"You. You have sauce all over your face."

He took a paper towel and wiped her face off. Then Star took a paper towel and wiped his mouth. They had sauce on each other's face. They laughed at each other while looking into each other's eyes. They stopped for a second to finish their food and then went back to leaning against the couch. They were in for a long night.


~~~

Alex had everything done and walked to the door to greet Sarah but the thing is, his doorbell had rung instead. Kris walked up to the door nervous as anything, she found herself standing there. She rung the doorbell once. Waiting for an answer she turned around and then back at the door. Alex was standing in the doorway. He was just staring at her. He was happy. No emotion could tell him what to do with his next reaction. His reaction was to kiss her. He leaned over and kissed her right on the lips. This sent Kim into an electric shock. It was like she just burned a thousand times over by someone she loved. She was truly now nervous. She pulled away from the kiss and looked at Alex.

"Im sorry. Im so sorry."
"Dont worry about it. I missed you too."

She played it off very well. This made Alex confused.

"Ok, so what brings you here?"
"Im here to live with you."
"What, say that one more time."
"Im here to live with you. I didnt stutter."
"Ok..Then come in and let me show you your room."

As Alex got Kris settled in and showed her the house. Everything was better especially with everything they were feeling. They were safe because they were together without really being together. Everything was fine until Sarah showed up. She had problems with Kris staying there then again her reaction to Kris had said it all. She wasnt very happy and she didn't like the thought of sharing Alex. Her and Kris would not get along but Kris knew she would try everything in her power to make it work. She didn't want Alex mad at her for being mean to Sarah. Everything was peaceful from the night on. Sarah had her little fits
Alex would comfort her and Kris would stay in her room. This would be hell for her. Only when Sarah wouldnt be around, she would be ok.

~~~

Continuing the night on with Nick, Star had layed there next to him. Better yet, he was holding her in his arms. He saw that she fell asleep on him during the movie. He didn't want to move her or wake her but he did decide to kiss her lips. As soon as his lips were planting on Star's, she went ahead and started kissing him back. She did it without realizing what she was doing. She couldn't stop and he really couldn't stop. Everything that they did together drove each other nuts. Their smell, voice, looks, behavior and even the things they did in daily life. It was like a match. His breath was what kept Star kissing him
over and over again. Their bodies had eventually fell on the floor. Nick just kept kissing her and then pulled off her shirt and kissed her again as he kissed her body. She ran her hands acrossed his chest and took his shirt off. They went from making out to have passionate sex. He made love to her with every stroke that he did inside of her. She moaned over and over again. He would slam his body into her. Kissing her passionately and then nibbled on her earlobes then went to her nipples. She moan louder and digged her nails into his back. He'd go harder and faster. They made love for two hours straight before laying down next
to each other on the floor. For once, Nick felt like he was in the right place at the right time. He was with Star. That alone had turned his world upside down. Was he falling for her? Was Star feeling the same? Star indeed loved the fact of having the passionate sex with him. But how could she feel this way with him? Not after what an ex put her though. She wouldnt fall hard but she played hard with Nick. It was time to let that go while they layed there peacefully. He didn't leave that night. All he did was roll over, put his arm around Star and held her tight. Star layed there, just feeling Nick hold her. She had a tear
run down her face? What was wrong this time?

~~~

After the Sarah and Kris thing, Alex found himself at peace. He heard his best friend getting ready for work and he smiled at the thought of her whistling one of the guys songs. It had been two weeks without work for Kris and Alex knew that it was starting to drive her crazy because she had no money. So he got her a job and it was something she was happy with. The Pheonix Facility had screwed over with the transfer so Alex stepped in as much as he could. This made Sarah go over the edge at times. Alex reassured her though. Everything was perfect and going everybody's way today. Kris was on her way out to work and Alex had the
day with Sarah. This could have been great or bad. They did everything together while Kris was at work. They even made love. They went shopping and had a stroll around town. By the time they finally came home, Kris was pulling it up in the driveway and was going inside. Sarah saw her and then the whole conversation of hell took over. The fight was on.

"Why do you like her?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Kim."
"Oh, well she gets me and thats what I need in life."

Alex parked the car in the driveway. Both of them didn't move to get out of the car. Kim didn't look outside to find out who pulled up. She had already knew. So she just got ready to go to bed.

"Alex, if thats what you need, then be with her. No better yet, you should be with the guys. They are suppose to get right?"
"What? No, Your being crazy."
"No, Im not. You hang out with her like that stupid brother of yours."
"Dont call any of my brothers stupid."
"Well, im sorry. Kevin was. He made no sense half the time and he was no good."
"NO GOOD. GET OUT. GO FIND A HOTEL."
"FINE."

Both car doors slam. Alex walked up to the house and came inside. Kris was on the couch. She saw that look in his eyes. Alex looked at her then went to the bedroom. Kris followed after him. He had shut the door before it reached him. He was hurt. Kris knocked once and walked in.

"Hey."

She said in a calm voice and then took her seat on the bed.

"Hey."
"What's wrong, Alex?"
"Kevin is no good. She had said that to me."
"Kevin was good though. He was good for you. He helped you."
"Yeah, but if it wasnt for Kevin. I wouldnt have known alcohol."
"Oh, alex. Its ok. Shes just being a bitch."
"Yeah. You think so?"
"Yep."

Kris layed next to Alex and held him close to her. Alex wrapped his arms around her and snuggled his head into her shoulder blade.

"I hurt badly now. I want a drink."
"No. Im here. Talk to me about why you hurt."
"I love you. That's why."
"You love me? Your talking crazy, Alex."
"Yeah, i guess I am."

He held her tighter and kept that emotion away. He thought "maybe she doesnt love me or she isnt ready." Kris shugged his attempted "I love you" off. It didnt matter anymore. He would be hurt for a while.

Sarah was gone for a couple of days and she came back with heated emotions towards Kris and Alex. She was going to do something about Kris rather Alex liked it or not. Sarah came home and the fight was intense. It caused alot of problems but Sarah still remained in the house until that one night...

~~~

In the weeks of Alex being with Sarah and Kris, Star and Nick had grown so close to each other. Their one night of passionate sex was as if it never happened. They never spoke of it. They just went on with their days as normal. Star picked on Nick and Nick picked on Star. They were so close that when it came time for Nick to leave for Atlanta, Star was depressed. She never expected that this goodbye would be the toughest. She would found some rock to stand strong on but she was going to go crazy. The day of Nick's departure, Star didnt know how to act around him. She was all upset inside. It was like a peice of her going too.
Nick felt the same. He just had a better way of not showing it. He gripped her hand in the car. He looked at her and told her what would happen because Willa was there. So Star had to pretend that there wasnt no emotions involved. Maybe there wasnt because maybe Nick didnt really love her or he was scared of it. Though he knew there was something there for Star, how did Star know about that something? She didnt and she never would. They both were lost in thought as they got to the airport and went inside. Willa came up and met Star for the first time. Hate was on the first look for the both of them. Nick grabbed bags as he saw it
in both of their eyes. He was uncomfortable. They all were but that wouldnt last because it was time for the goodbyes. It was time for Nick and Star. Nick told Willa to go ahead and get on the plane. Nick took ahold of Star when Willa disappeared.

"Ill see you soon. Ill miss you ok?"
"Yea, Ill miss you nick."
"What are the tears for?"
"No reason. Its just i like you being here with me. It just hurts to say bye is all."
"Well. I know. Im sorry. I wont hurt anymore after im gone."


She thought in her heart and mind that he will because he would be gone. It was like saying goodbye to a friend you knew all of your life. She was dieing inside. As soon as she let him go and he went down the hall, she thought of this new feeling. She knew how Kris felt. Then it dawned on her. She was in love with a man that she wanted more than anything. She listened to her heartbreak a thousand times over before she watched the plane fly away. Then watching the plane fly away was the worse part. She was now completely alone. She had no one. No Alex, No Kris and especially NO NICK!! She walked down to her car and drove home. She would do life daily
as if Nick was still there. He was like a room mate. He never left. Then she would notice how empty the house was. No sound, no laughter, no tv or music blurring. She would call Kris a thousand times a day but there would still be a whole in her heart where Nick had been. She would do her job like she was asked and she would do everything right. She just would avoid being home alone at night. Nick would call from time to time when he got back to Atlanta. He would tell her how things were as soon as he got home. It just wouldnt be the same for her. She cried at night and yelled for him. He was never there. This went on for a few days.
Nick would be miserable and never checked up on Alex, Kris and Sarah until that one night...