- Text Size +
Chapter 1- Jessica

Jessica Forrester sat in her office in the Jive records pr-department filled with anger. She had let her long blonde hair out and it was hanging down her back. Her green eyes sparkled as they always did when she was mad. She couldn’t believe that her boss was making her promote the Backstreet Boys on their return to the music market. She knew it was a great opportunity for her and that it would really help her career in the promotion business since they had been huge, but she didn’t wanna work with them under any circumstances. Her boss though had made it very clear that she was doing it or she was out. She had no other choice but to do it. She didn’t want to get fired. She loved her job and she was planning on working her way up, all the way to the top.

’At least I don’t have to do this alone, I’ve got Lindsay,’ she thought. Lindsay was her partner at work. They were both young so the company wanted them to team up until they got some more experience. Jess didn’t mind, Lindsay had become one of her closest friends and they were incredible as a team. She was only 27 but she had a great career going on and she had already worked with a lot of big stars, much thanks to her and Lindsay’s teamwork.

She reached for the phone on her desk and dialled the number to her boyfriend. She needed some comfort. The signals went through and she heard his voice from the other end of the line.
“Hello.” Ryan, her boyfriend answered. She smiled as she heard his voice. She could see him in front of her sitting in his office. He was probably busy with some case and his dark hair was messy after he’d been twisting it with his hands as he was thinking.
“Hi baby it’s me.”
“Hi Jess, how are you?”
“I so hate my boss right now.”
“Why? What happened?”
“He’s making me promote the Backstreet boys. They’re releasing a new album and I have to make the world aware of that. ”
“Oh, Jess… I’m sorry. Is there anything I can do?” He knew about her feelings and he knew this was going to be hard on her.
“No, I just wanted to hear your voice.”

They talked for a while and decided to meet at her place after work. They had been dating for over a year and she felt that he could be the one. When she thought about the future, Ryan was there with her.

As she hung up the phone Lindsay came storming in to her office.
“My god Jess, did you get that e-mail? You and I are doing the promotion for the Backstreet Boys! This is huge!” She turned quiet as she saw Jess’s face. “What? Why aren’t you happy?”
“I don’t want to work with them! I don’t wanna be around them, I don’t even wanna see their picture in the news.”
“I don’t understand. You don’t want this? Do you realize what this could do to our career? Come on Jess, lighten up.”
She didn’t wanna have to explain her feelings to Lindsay so she put on a smile. “Okay okay, I know this is huge. It’s just... Never mind!”

They decided to start working on some ideas right away so Lindsay sat down. They wanted to be prepared for the meeting the following day.



“Oh no. Tell me this is just a bad dream Kev. We’re not working with Jessica Forrester.” Nick paced up and down the length of the room with an upset expression on his face.
“Calm down Nick, won't you. Yes were working with her and her partner Lindsay Lopez. They’ve been doing some great work, and they’re really on the rise.”
“Why are you so upset about this?” Brian asked from his place on the couch. They were all gathered in a conference room at Jive records, waiting to meet Lindsay and Jessica to start the promotion for the new album.
“I just am, okay? I don’t wanna work with a couple of newbies.” Nick said and turned his face away. He never told them about his connection to Jess and he wasn’t about to do it now.
“Well, they might be young but they have been doing some great work for other artists.” Howie said calmly.

They never got to finish the discussion cause Ralph Myers, the head of Jive’s New York office walked into the room followed by two girls, one tall blonde with big green eyes and one shorter dark one with brown eyes. They were the total opposites of each other. But they were both gorgeous.
“Hello, nice to have you back guys,” Ralph said and shook hands with the guys. “This is Lindsey and Jessica,” he said and pointed to them. “They are gonna work with you on this album launch.”

“Hi I’m Lindsay.” Lindsay walked over to them holding out her hand, giving Jess no other option but to follow her.
“And I’m Jessica, but please call me Jess.”
“Hi Jess.” AJ held out his hand. She said hello to everyone but Nick, even though she knew she’d have to face him sometime.
With a deep breath she slowly turned around and stared into his blue eyes. She gave him a look full of hate and surprisingly saw the same in his.
‘Why the hell is he mad at me?’”she thought.
Nick was equally confused by the hate in her eyes. ‘Why is she mad at me?’
They quickly shook hands and then she instantly turned her back on him again. She didn’t wanna see his face.
‘How am I gonna get through this?’ she thought as she sat down to listen to what they wanted and expected from her.