- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A review or two would be welcome!
Chapter 6- Jess

Jessica lay in her old bed staring at her sister’s diary. Could she really read it?

“This is my sister’s most private thoughts,” she said to herself. “Do I really have the right to read them?” For awhile she was unsure of what to do but the curiosity was too strong. She slowly opened the diary and started reading. Jennifer had started to write it when she was 20, a year before she died. She flipped through the pages and found the parts about Nick.

May 19th 2002.

I met the most gorgeous guy last night. I was out at a new club with Jess and Tara. I don’t get to see Tara that much anymore since she moved to New York for her modelling, but when we do see each other it’s like we never been apart. We’re still the three musketeers. I don’t know why but I’m so tired these days. I always feel like I’m coming down with a cold. But it’s probably nothing. There’s just so much going on at school. Anyways, back to that guy I was telling you about. It’s not just any guy. It’s Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys. He is so cute and he asked me out. We are going to dinner later tonight and I can’t wait. I’ll tell you all about it later. But now I have to go and get Jess to help me pick out the perfect outfit for tonight. If she has the time, maybe she’s out with Todd. I’m so happy for her. She and Todd are perfect for each other. I hope I’ll find what they have someday.


Jess smiled when she read her sister’s thoughts. She remembered that summer. She had been so in love. “I need to tell Tara about this,” Jess thought to herself. She knew that if there was anyone she wanted to share this with it was her. She tried calling her but only got her voice mail. She told her about the diary and fell asleep. She didn’t even notice that she hadn’t called Ryan.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick sat on the couch unable to sleep. All he could think about was the terrible news he’d received last night.

“Jennifer is dead. All this time she was dead,” he thought as he stared at an old picture of them together. He had hated her for leaving him without an explanation but a part of him never stopped loving her.
“Why didn’t she tell me that she was sick? Didn’t she want me to be there for her?”
He tried to call Jess again but there was still no answer. He hadn’t heard from Tara either and he started to feel desperate. He needed to talk to one of them to get some answers.
“No wonder Jessica hates me,” he mumbled. “All this time she thought I left her sister when she needed me the most.” He turned his attention back to the old picture and he cried. He cried himself to sleep right there on the couch thinking of Jennifer.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..


“Jess, wake up.” A hand shook her trying to get her attention.
“What?” she mumbled and carefully opened her eyes. “Tara? What are you doing here?”
“What do you think I’m doing here? I got your message and there was nothing in the world that could keep me from coming. I’m yours all day.”
“Thank you.”
“No problem, what are friends for? You wanna show me the diary?”
“Sure, wait.” She reached under her bed and grabbed the book. “Here,” she said and gave it to Tara.
“Are you sure you want me to read this?”
“Absolutely.” Tara took the diary and carefully held it.
“By the way Jess. You so need to let me meet the Backstreet Boys. That A.J guy is effing hot.”
Jess couldn’t help but laugh. “I’ll see what I can do about that.”