- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been a while!!
“Lizzy?”

I wiped a tear off my cheek and reached out to grab him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tightly. I inhaled deeply, taking in his incredible scent of cologne with a hint of smoke. I loosened my grip only to lean back enough to kiss him.

He mumbled against my lips, “So is that a yes?”

I stopped, and looked into his eyes, “Yes. I love you.”

“You don’t know how glad I am to hear you say that.” He grinned, and kissed me again.




A month later, we were stronger and more in love than ever before. We still live in separate houses though. I didn’t want to jinx our relationship or jump into anything too quickly. Even though we love each other more than anything in the world, it just isn’t time yet.

In other news, I’m currently recording my second album. I’m working with Max Martin again, and I’ve been writing my own songs. It’s been an even better experience than my first album, except for meeting Alex of course.


Sitting on the floor in the recording booth, changes some lyrics in the song I’m laying out, I looked at the clock and saw that it was after 5 pm. I realized I needed to speed it up if I was going to meet Alex at 7 like we have planned.

“Ok Max, I think I’ve got it perfect now!” I exclaimed, standing up.

“You sure Liz? You’ve only changed it 10 times!” He joked.

“Hardy har har Max. Just start the music playback, I think it will only take one try to get it perfect.”

As I heard the music start, I began singing with my heart.

I've waited all this time
Counting minutes as they pass
Searching for a sign
Wishing for the best
And just when my hopes were wearing thin
You turned my heart to love again

Like a miracle out of the blue
You rescued me like the angels do
You shook the heavens and cracked the sky
When you walked...when you walked into my life

When you appeared
Like sight to the blind
Like music to my ears
Like a reason to a rhyme
And just when I thought my chance was gone
Love came to me with open arms

Like a miracle out of the blue
You rescued me like the angels do
You shook the heavens and cracked the sky
When you walked...when you walked into my life

You spoke my name and the world began again
You touched my heart and it opened

Like a miracle out of the blue
You rescued me like the angels do
You shook the heavens and cracked the sky
When you walked...when you walked into my life


When the song was over, I opened my eyes and looked at Max for an opinion. He just stared at me, which made me a little nervous.

“Well?” I asked.

“Wow Liz. Just wow.”

“You like it?”

“That is your masterpiece. Nothing else you ever record will touch it.”

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yes. I am so unbelievably proud and happy that I was the one to produce this track.”

I ran out of the booth, and hugged Max. After a few minutes of talking about the song, I hurried out of the studio and back home to get ready. By the time I was out of the shower and had my hair done, it was 6:15. I would be cutting it close on being ready in time.

At exactly 6:59, I was ready to go. I picked an incredible outfit, a knee length, black spaghetti strap dress. After grabbing my purse I was out the door and on my way to Alex’s house.

When I arrived I knocked, but there was no answer. After a few minutes of waiting, I let myself in and was amazed at what I saw. From the door and down the hallway the floor was covered in white rose petals and small candles lit a path on either side of the roses.

Following the path, it led me to the back of the house, to his back patio. I slid the doors open to reveal Alex, in a suit, standing next to a picnic that was spread out in his yard under the stars.

“Alex, this is breathtaking.” I said as I walked towards him.

“You are late little missy.” He said, smiling as he leaned down to kiss me.

“Sorry, I had to finish a song and lost track of time.”

“It’s ok, I completely understand. Hungry?”

“Starving!” We sat down on the blanket and Alex opened the container of food. “Baby, this is amazing. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I thought we could have a nice, romantic evening.”

“That sounds perfect. What’s for dinner?”

“Well, I made us some-“

“You made us? You cooked?!”

“Don’t sound so surprised! Yes I cooked. I made us spaghetti.” He grinned.

When he scooped the spaghetti onto our plates, I laughed.

“Aw babe…spaghetti-o’s…well, it’s close.” I laughed.

“Well, it’s the thought that counts.” He said, puckering his lips for a kiss.

I leaned in and gave him a tender smooch, then pulled back so we could eat. We spent the next few hours eating, then, laying on the ground talking about the future, sharing our hopes and dreams.

“So what song did you have to finish today?” He asked curiously.

“Oh, just one I’ve been writing for a few weeks.”

“Yeah? What’s it called?”

“When You Walked Into My Life.” I answered. Turning my head towards him, “I wrote it about you.”

He turned his head, and raised an eyebrow, “Yeah? How’s it go?”

I sang the chorus to him, softly. When it was over, he kissed me.

“I love it.” He whispered.

“I hoped you would. I love you.” I whispered back.

“Wanna go inside?” He asked.

“I thought you’d never ask.” I giggled.

Alex helped me up, then unexpectedly picked me up and carried me inside, leaving the picnic behind. After reaching the bedroom, he laid me on the bed, loosened his tie, and shut the door.
Chapter End Notes:
Song Credit: Lila McCann - When You Walked Into My Life