- Text Size +
[Few weeks later]

“How are you feeling Mr. McLean?” Dr. Johnson said as he removed the cast.

“I couldn’t be better,” Alex said surprised to finally see his leg, “Wow its so skinny…” he commented as he touched his leg.

“Yeah it will get back to normal with time. How’s the fractured rib?”

“I think its fine will I be able to head back to work?” Alex asked just as his wife came into the room. “Hey,” he smiled at her.

“I will give you permission to go back to work for next week,” Dr. Johnson said as he greeted Trish with a smile. “So I want to see you in three weeks just to see that everything is well. Any questions for me?” he asked.

“No I guess that’s it,” Alex said as he moved is now healed foot.

*******

“I’m hungry,” Trish said as they drove back from the doctor.

“Ok what does the missus want?” Alex said smiling at her.

“I am craving enchiladas,” she told him. “I know this good Mexican place down that way…” she told him remembering when she had tried the food there.

Alex drove to where she directed and soon they were parking, “Let’s go you got me craving Mexican food too.”

“What? Why are you staring?” Trish asked as she got out of the car.

“It’s just you look so beautiful pregnant,” Alex told her as he caressed her cheek and leaning in to kiss her.

They walked into the restaurant and got situated, “I’ll be right back I’m going to the men’s room.” Alex told her as he walked away.

Trish smiled as she watched her husband walk away. Things couldn’t be better her family was excited about the baby. She did get a little joked on but everyone admitted that they knew this was the best for her. She looked down at her barely noticeable stomach; she rubbed it and had to admit she did want this to have a child with Alex. He was the love of her life and somehow she knew this time it was real…

She looked up just in time to see who was coming in, Josh with one of what she assumed was his college friend. She sighed heavily and quickly looked away trying to ignore there presence. It was to no avail it was like Josh had seen her since he had entered the restaurant.

“Trish?” Josh said walking up to her with a surprised look. “I’ve been calling you and I haven’t heard from you?”

“Josh,” Trish said smiling politely to him. “Yeah I’ve been really busy with work and family problems. I haven’t had a chance to do much more.” She bit her lip her eyes looking toward where the restrooms were.

“You look nice so when can we hang out again?” Josh asked taking a seat on one of the chairs. He smiled at her and spoke again, “I had a wonderful time when we went out.”

“Yeah it was nice Josh but I really can’t go out anymore.” Trish told him trying not to hurt his feelings.

“Well not today but maybe this weekend?” he asked hoping she would agree.

“I can’t Josh I have many things to do and –,” she stopped talking when Alex got there.

Josh snickered when he saw who was with Trish, “I see you’ve been busy.” He told her looking at Alex.

“I know you?” Alex asked looking at the young man.

“Yeah I am still waiting to get arrested,” Josh said disrespectfully.

“Ok Josh please,” Trish said standing up and getting in between her husband and Josh.

Josh gasped as he saw Trish noticing her small yet visible now bump… “I can clearly see why you had to go back to him.”

“Excuse me? I remember you now…” Alex said a little annoyed by the kid.

“Alex please,” Trish said softly staring at him.

“I knew you wouldn’t have the nerves to leave him…” Josh said staring at them.

“Let’s just go…” Trish told Alex grabbing her purse. “I love him Josh that’s I went back with him not because I’m pregnant.”

********

They drove in silence not saying a word. “I’m sorry,” Trish said finally looking at her husband. “Are you still hungry?”

“Are you?” Alex asked in a pensive voice.

“A little,” she said biting her lip. “Are we going to talk about what just happened?”

“I don’t know are we? He looked pretty upset about seeing you with me? Were you dating him was it a serious relationship? Did you two…” he stopped himself from going further with his question. He didn’t even want to think about it.

“Did we what? Why don’t you finish your question Alex?” Trish said finally feeling angry about the whole situation.

“I don’t want to know if you did… we are starting fresh so let’s drop it.” Alex said jealousy obvious on his voice.

Trish couldn’t help but chuckle, “Alex it was one date out of anger and all I kept thinking about was you and your co-worker Gloria. It didn’t go further than that… I felt like a pedophile really. I love you and I want this to work. I’m sorry you had to go through that today but you have to know I love you and only you.” she leaned in and kissed his cheek.

He stopped the car and parked it, “I love you too… I just well I didn’t know how much you hated me when you left. I didn’t know how far you would go to forget me? I should be sorry for even putting you through this… if I would’ve been there for you like your husband you wouldn’t have even met that kid.” AJ said surprising her with a long passionate kiss.

Trish was flustered and smiling when he finally broke the kiss, “So what are we eating then?” she asked as she rubbed her belly. “Remember I am eating for two.”

“Right, whatever you want babe,” he said as he put his hand on her belly.

“McDonalds?” she said smiling, “A Big Mac sounds really good right now.”

********
Chapter End Notes:
So what ya think? Please let me know so I can see where to take this story... :)