- Text Size +
“Ok I’m coming,” Leigh said as she opened the door to her suite. “Leighanne?” she asked as she saw the look and tears on her face. She moved aside as Leighanne pushed her way inside without a word.

“I need you to watch Baylee for me please,” Leighanne told Leigh who was still in a state of wonder. “I’ll explain later…” she said trying to hold her tears; she didn’t want Baylee to see how much hurt what he had confessed to her brought her.

“Yeah ok, Baylee can stay with me; we can watch a movie ok Baylee?” Leigh asked the little boy that was just holding to his mother’s hand. “Then uncle Howie will join us, he’s in the shower at the moment.” She told Baylee as she took his hand.

“Thanks Leigh,” Leighanne said as she wiped the tears she couldn’t control from coming out. “I’ll be back in a few…” with that she opened the door and walked away. She paced back and forth waiting for the elevators to open then she got a better idea, she began to walk to the one person she knew would tell her the truth. “Nick knows, he knows” she said to herself as she walked to his room. She banged on the door impatiently and was about to give up when Nick opened the door. “We need to talk,” she told him as she looked into his surprised face. She walked into his room without permission to find a young woman inside.

“Leighanne I was kind of in the middle of something,” Nick said as he followed her inside. But one look into her eyes he knew he needed to listen to her, “Jen, how about I call you, this is kind of important. Sorry,” he told his new friend as he walked her to the door. After he was sure Jen was out hearing range he turned and walked to a very distressed Leighanne. “Ok talk to me,” he sighed fearing the worst.

She took a deep breath and spoke, “Nick I want the truth…is Brian cheating on me?” she asked him trying to not sound too hurt.

Nick looked down to the floor and tried to find a way to tell her it wasn’t true to give Brian sometime, but he couldn’t do it. “I don’t know how to tell you…” he said finally looking up to see the tears falling down her face.

“Josie isn’t it?” she asked between sobs. She didn’t care anymore to try and hold her tears she let herself fall on the couch and began to cry. “When?” she asked.

“I don’t think I’m the right person to be telling you this Leighanne. But I do have to say one thing for Brian, he loves you and you must let him explain to you what’s going on.” he patted her shoulder as he took a seat next to her. “Josie is not the person you think she is,” he said.

In between the anger and tears she managed to laugh in disdain at Nick’s words, “Your Brian’s friend of course you will defend him.” She looked at him and then she spoke, “He’s with her right now isn’t he?”

“I am guessing so,” he sighed, “I’m not defending him because the guys and I told him to come clean, before this happened. Don’t judge me like that Leighanne, I am just as mad as you are at him. But I know the whole story…so just promise me you’ll hear him out.”

Leighanne’s eyes widen, “All of you knew and none of you thought about telling me?” she asked standing up and began to pace around the room. “I can’t wait for him to get back I am going to find him now,” she said walking out the room without another word.

Nick looked at the open door puzzled he didn’t want to get involved but he knew he needed to with her, “Leighanne wait,” he yelled as he grabbed his key card and ran after her. He sighed in relief when he saw her standing waiting for an elevator, “You need me with you,” he said giving her a weak smile.

********

“Are you crazy?” Brian asked as he stared at her in disbelief.

“I guess you can say I am, crazy about you.” she told him giving me a sly smile. “So what do you say? Just once Brian…and I’ll get out of your life,” she told him walking toward him.

He looked at her and he couldn’t deny he had wondered how it would feel to be with her, because he had become quite attracted her. He closed his eyes as he felt her lips on his, he was torn between stopping her and letting her. It was just one time and she would leave him alone right? But somehow that didn’t seem so convincing what if it was all just a trap to really have something on him? He pushed her and opened his eyes, “You’re crazy, I can’t believe I actually considered you a friend!”

“Blah blah is all I hear Brian, now you take or leave it. I want an answer now and choose wisely. If you choose to accept my offer well we’ll get on and if you choose not I will march up to your room and tell Leighanne what we have.” She crossed her arms looking at Brian with a daring smile.

“What we have? Tell me what we have Josie?” he asked her looking at her with frustration.

“Oh don’t act stupid Brian… I know you wish to touch me and kiss me. I am actually quite surprised you haven’t yet…I might start doubting you sexuality.” She laughed and then she sighed… “Ok enough bullshit and tell me what your choice is?”

He sighed heavily if could get a chance to tell Leighanne that’s all he needed tonight to come clean. “Ok one night and you’ll leave me. You won’t mess with my family and it will stay between us right?”

“That’s the deal and the cash don’t forget about that.” she told him with a victory smile on her face. She walked up to him again and kissed him passionately. “You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this moment.”

Brian couldn’t deny that he enjoyed her kisses and friskiness, but he had to stop her. “One more thing though…” he said pushing her away softly to not anger her. “Not tonight…I want this to be memorable to you. I mean I made you doubt my sexuality, so I will arrange for us to be together somewhere else romantic. So we can say goodbye properly.” He told her and kissed her to make sure she obliged.

Leighanne watched in horror as she saw Brian kiss her and hold tight to him. She began to clap bringing Brian’s attention along with Josie’s to her. “Nice,” she said as Nick held her in place. “Nick let me go, don’t worry I won’t hurt anyone. So this is what you had to do right after we got here? Well Matt sure looks a lot like Josie to me Brian.” She told him with anger as she stared at Josie who had a smirk on her face.

“Leighanne…” Brian stopped talking when he saw Leighanne signal for him to shut up.

“No you have nothing to tell me Brian, I saw all I needed to see. But you know what’s worse? That I had to find out from your son…hmm man you know what Nick I think I need to go after all.” She told Nick as she turned around to walk back out the door. “I am so glad Matt keeps the spare key for everyone, that way I saw it with my own eyes!” with that she freed herself from Nick’s grip and ran toward Josie slapping her right in the face. “That’s for having the decency to try and be my friend when all you want was him.” she pointed to Brian and walked out the room. “Oh Nick tell Brian not even dare to go to the suite till I am done packing!” she screamed as she walked away tears flowing freely down her face. Betrayed that how she was feeling…she had to leave and take her son with her. She tried to think back to see if she could find out exactly when she had lost Brian.