- Text Size +
“Am I boring now?” Leighanne asked Brian as she listened to him explain to her how things with Josie got so personal.

“No Leighanne you’re a wonderful wife and you make me happy. I- I don’t know how to explain to you how I began to see her as more than just a co-worker. She didn’t even show any interest in me at first…I began to trust her just like any other friend till…the time at the pool where she hurt he ankle.” Brian told Leighanne as he stared at her languidly, her face was tear stained but it was still beautiful. How stupid was he to even at one point look at someone like he saw her. “I love you Leighanne,” he said as he dared to get near her. He kneeled in front of her and began to cry, “I’m sorry for not telling you sooner but, I feared this…exactly what’s happening right now.”

Leighanne stared into his eyes and couldn’t help but feel that he was being sincere but she just couldn’t take the picture of him kissing Josie off her head. “Brian it’s not that easy for me to just shrug this off…” she told him as she stood up and again put a distance between them. “As much as I believe that Josie started this…you let it continued. The fact that you may not have had sex doesn’t mean you don’t have feelings for her. You kissed her and spent time with her alone, I saw the kiss and you kissed her with such passion…” she closed her eyes to keep herself from crying. “With ardor and it looked like you had deep feelings for her, maybe we are finished with what we had it isn’t there anymore.” She told him as she paced in the room.

Her words made his heart feel pain, “Leighanne I love you…” he said firmly standing up and walking toward her. He made her stop and face him, “look at me Leighanne, I love you.” he told her.

She pushed him and walked away again, “Brian you kissed her and even if you don’t want to admit it you cheated on me!” she told him finally anger showing in her voice. “Now it is apparent she is giving you something I’m not…” she told him calming down.

Brian pulled on his hair with frustration, “Your right Leighanne I did cheat on you…but ask me how I feel about it? It’s killing me…” he was running of ways to tell her that Josie meant nothing to him.

******

“Miss Monticello, I would like to ask for your passes and anything we gave you when you were hired,” Rick told Josie as he stared at her intently. “Now the guys here have told me everything so I won’t even ask for an explanation. Now as Nick and AJ have told you…under the contract you signed we expect you to not share any of what you caused with the press. I am a very nice person Miss Monticello but, I know this business like the palm of my hand I will make sure you suffer the consequences if you decide to break this contract. I will do it not only for the career of these men, but for the friendship I have with Brian.”

“I do have this,” Howie said handing her an envelope. “Brian made you a promise and he has kept it, this will help you financially. He doesn’t want to see you again, if he ever does it won’t be a nice meeting…if you know what I mean Josie.” Howie told her with a cold tone in his voice.

“I can’t believe you used me,” Fred said as he walked in with anger in his voice. “You used me didn’t you?”

“Fred this is not about you,” Rick said turning to face the angry man.

“No it is, I’ve should’ve known you were using me…I saw the way you got so close to me when Brian was around. What sucks the most is how fake you were with Leighanne and the little boy.” Fred said staring straight at her.

“Oh come on Fred I told you since the beginning what we had was casual,” she told him with anger in her voice. “I mean please Brian is a better man than any of you here,” she said out loud glaring at Fred.

“Go to hell,” Fred said leaving, he was so mad to think he was actually starting to like her a lot.

“That’s why he never looked at you the way you wanted because he is a good man; good men don’t take girls like you seriously.” AJ said bluntly as he stared at Josie with hate.

What AJ said got her blood boiling and before Josie knew what she was doing she ran up to him tried to slap him. She was startled when AJ caught her hand in mid air, “You fucking idiot…I don’t know what you’re so surprised about? You and I are cut from the same string. That’s why you’re still single because no woman will look at you in that way either. Why don’t you go and get wasted…stop trying to pretend you’re sober.”

“Miss Monticello…If I were you I would watch what I say.” Rick said cutting AJ from responding to her comment. “Matt you can accompany Miss Monticello to the suite she was occupying and let her gather her belongings. Then put her on a plane back to her home.” Rick said as he looked at everyone gathered in the room “Now I must go find a temporary makeup artist and cancel the events for tonight. Make sure Brian is good for tomorrow’s concert please,” he told the guys as he walked out of the room with his cell phone in hand.

“Got to love management,” Nick said as he watched Matt walk out with Josie in hand.

“Yeah…I wonder how things are going with Leighanne and Brian.” Howie asked out loud as he sighed heavily.

“I hope well…man this is some fucked up shit…” AJ said lighting up a well deserved cigarette.

*********

“What’s wrong?” Marc asked as Leigh came up to him.

“He wants his mommy,” Leigh said as she carried a crying Baylee.

“But they’re not done in there,” he said to Leigh. As he messed with Baylee’s hair he saw Howie approaching… “Do you want me to intervene now?” he asked him.

“What’s wrong with Baylee?” he asked as he took him away from his wife’s arms.

“I want my mommy…” Baylee said sobbing as he pointed to the door.

“He’s really hot…” Howie said as he touched Baylee’s forehead. “I think he has a fever…” he was about to knock on the door when it flew open and there stood Leighanne.

“What’s wrong baby?” she asked as she took Baylee from Howie’s arm. “Oh my god he’s really hot…he has a fever.” She kissed his forehead, “its ok mommy has you… I need kid’s Tylenol” she said as she gave Jared a look.

“I’m on it,” was all Jared said as he walked away.

“Leighanne you can’t…” Brian stopped talking when he saw who all stood there. “What’s wrong with Baylee?” he asked as he tried to approach him and Leighanne only to have her move away from him.

“Nothing I can’t handle,” Leighanne said as she continued to hold on to her son. “Leigh, Howie is it ok if I stay with you tonight? Or maybe if I can get a room for us…just for tonight?” she asked Howie.

“Leighanne you can stay with Leigh tonight and try to get Baylee to feeling better…I can stay with Brian. We have to talk anyway…” Howie said as he turned to look at Brian. He looked so worried and in pain knowing he couldn’t even get close to his son.