- Text Size +
Brian hugged his cousin like he never had before, “I don’t think I can live without them,” he told Kevin as he finally let go of him.

“I still can’t believe she had the decency to follow you! Look Brian you have to toughen up, take the matters in you hand. Win her back…show her how happy she was with you. Whatever you do don’t give up…that’s the worst you could do. I know Leighanne enough to know that if you do give up easily she will think you actually felt something for that bitch! Pardon my language,” Kevin said as he watched his cousin. He looked sad and he wasn’t as goofy as before. “Now right you’re going to perform so take a deep breath and put your family problems aside. Be the Brian all the fans know,” he patted Brian on the shoulder.

“Your right my fans don’t need to see me in this state,” Brian told Kevin as he took a deep breath and did a small prayer. “Let’s go…your coming on stage with us still right?”

“Of course only in the end for Shape of my heart, for now I will watch you all perform without me,” Kevin told him just as he felt little Mason grab a hold of his leg. “Hey little buddy where’s mommy?” he asked him as he took him in his arms.

“Right here,” Kristen said as she made to them. “Hey Bri,” she said sympathetically as she gave him a hug.

“Hey Kris,” Brian said hugging.

“Now Mason come here, Leigh wanted to see you.” Kristen said as she took her son away from Kevin. “I’ll leave you to talk and we will talk later ok?” she told Brian as she walked away.

“Hey Bri, its time…” Nick said as he passed by not missing the opportunity to jump on Kevin surprising him. “I so miss pulling pranks on you Kev,” he said laughing as he ran away from him before Kevin could react.

“I’m going to get you Nick,” Kevin screamed as he laughed. Yeah that was what he missed the fun times with the guys but yet he was still very happy with his decision to move on with out BSB in his life. Most of all he was happy that his brother’s were all ok with his decision. “Are you good?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you later ok,” Brian said giving him a weak reassuring smile.

*******

“Man did you see the fans, Kev you sure you don’t want to come back?” AJ said as he jumped around he was still pretty pumped from the concert.

“It brought back old memories I can say that, but I’m good AJ,” Kevin said putting his arms around him. “How you’ve been?” he asked him realizing he really hadn't talked to the other guys. He had been so concerned with his cousin.

“Taking it day by day…” AJ said smiling at him. “Let’s go eat?” he said out loud to the rest of the group.

“Oh, that does sound good…” Nick said.

“Well then lets go…” Howie said as he agreed it would be great to go out and eat all five of them again.

“Come Bri, like old times.” Kristen said as he stood beside a quiet Brian. “We can talk on the way over to wherever we’re going. I spoke to Leighanne a few days ago…” Kristen told Brian as he finally looked a little interested with the conversation.

********

“Ok I’m here what is so important?” Brian said as he walked into Nick’s office.

“I was going through some stuff and came up with a great idea…” Nick said looking up from his computer. “Now I was thinking we can work on this during thanksgiving and then send it to Leighanne before Christmas.”

“what are you talking about Brian said as he walked toward his younger friend.” he looked at what Nick was talking about. It was photos of his wedding and many other things. There were also videos of the many places they had visited during the years. “I still don’t get what you’re implying,” Brian told his friend.

Nick shook his head and walked out his office only to return with a video camera in hand. “Ok Mr. Littrell thank you for accepting my invitation and allowing me to interview you. Now I understand you have an amazing story about your life you would like to share…” Nick said in his best host voice looking into his camera, he then turned it to face Brian. “Well start Brian, this is seriously on.”

“Ah, I get it…ok” Brian cleared his throat, “Ok this so going to be edited. Well yes I do it’s the story of the best miracle to ever happen to me. Her name Leighanne Wallace.”

“Ok cut,” Nick said. “I didn’t like it we’ll try it again. But I was thinking we could also maybe add some footage from all the videos and pictures.”

“I like the idea and maybe I can sing her our wedding song with my guitar at the end.” Brian said getting a little excited with the idea.

“Yeah that sound good and very you so smoochy smoochy…” Nick said giving his friend a roll of eyes.

“What? I want to see you when you’re head over heels for a girl and I mean an honest to good girl not some blonde bimbo.” Brian said smiling knowing very well that made Nick mad.

“Ok you keep that up and you will not only be doing this on your own but in a hotel room.” Nick said in a stern voice. “I’ve changed ok stop bringing up that. Now lets get started we have a lot of work to do and I want to have most of it done before thanksgiving…”

“Ok deal. So where do we start?” Brian asked giving Nick an honest smile. “Nick what would I do without you? Only you would come up with something like this, thanks man.”

“Awe your so sensitive Brian, but right use all that on this video. So take two!” Nick yelled as he turned on the camera again.

*********

“Hey Baylee,” Brian said into the phone as he heard his son’s voice. “Happy thanksgiving.”

“Hey daddy…happy thanksgiving too. I had turkey and mashed potatoes and lots of stuff,” Baylee said into the phone his mother had just handed him.

“Your having fun at grandma’s house aren’t you?” Brian asked his son, he had learned that Leighanne had planned to spend Thanksgiving with her family.

“Yes.” Baylee said as he watched his mother just staring at him.

“Tell daddy you love him but you have to go…come on.” Leighanne told Baylee as she looked at him with anguish. Her son was now put in a position she never thought he would be put through.

Brian could hear Leighanne tell Baylee to end the conversation, “Hey Baylee its ok I have to go too…but I love you buddy and boy do I have a surprise for you for Christmas.”

“What is it daddy?” Baylee asked as his eyes widen at his father’s mention of a present.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you Baylee. Now Baylee do me a favor you give your mommy a big hug and big, I mean big kiss for me. Now Baylee you tell her this...Daddy loves you forever. Can you do that for me?” Brian asked his son.

“Uhuh yes daddy I will…I will let you go daddy I’m going to play with my cousins. I love you,” Baylee said as he smiled at his mother.

“Alright Baylee you be careful and you listen to mommy. I love you too son, don’t forget what I asked you to do ok?” Brian said holding his sudden feeling of crying.

“Ok I won’t love you.” Baylee said handing the phone back to his mother.

Leighanne didn’t even bother to see if he was still on the phone she just hung up and gave her son a smile. “So how is your daddy Baylee?”

Baylee shrugged and ran into her arms embracing his mother, “why didn’t you ask him?” he told her as he hugged.

Leighanne ignored his question and just hugged her son back. That’s when Baylee gave her a kiss, “what was that for?” she asked giving him one back.

“That’s from daddy and so is the hug. He wants you to know he loves you forever and ever…” he said in a joyful tone. Once his job was done he squirmed his way out of his mother’s grip and ran out to play.

Leighanne just stood there letting what her son had said to her sink in, “I wish it were true,” she sighed as she walked back to the living where her family was enjoying there thanksgiving.