- Text Size +
“Ok Baylee we’re here,” Leighanne told her son as she turned off the car. “Now we’re only going to be here for a little bit ok? Mommy is not feeling to good,” she told him as she helped him out the car. Chuck E cheese was almost empty and she spotted Baylee’s playmate already playing with his mother sitting in the nearby table.

“Can I go to where Tim is at mom?” Baylee asked as he pulled his hand from his mother’s grip. “Yeah ok,” she told him letting go of his hand. “Careful,” she told him a little louder since he was already running.

“Hey,” Jane said to Leighanne as she took a seat next to her. “How are you?”

“I could be better just trying to think…” Leighanne sighed. “I want to do the right thing, not only for me but for Baylee.”

“Well sooner or later you must talk to him and you must let him tell you his side. I know you said you saw her in his room that night but there is more to one side of that story.” Jane said as she looked at her friend, they had been friends for ever. High school friends and still very close, “Don’t look at me like that Leigh, I know him as just as much as you now. I just think there is more to this I saw the look on his face. Brian loves you…and there is no denying you still do.”

“Its not easy Jane he cheated on me,” Leighanne said a little frustrated with the conversation more because she knew her friend was right. “Sorry I have no right in venting out on you. I just don’t understand why he would even think about…I always stride to be a good wife even now! I mean I am playing a happy wife waiting for her husband to come back from his job, when it is not true. I am still pretending to be something I am not to protect his reputation, why?”

“Because you love him,” Jane told her giving her shoulder a soft squeeze.

“Yeah I do and with all my heart. He is and will always be my one true love. Maybe that’s why I haven’t asked for the divorce because I feel like one of these days I am going to wake up and everything will back to before that…” Leighanne sighed and kept herself from using foul language. “Thing came in and tore our bond,” she finished.

“Look just relax ok and lets focus on these two for now,” Jane said as she pointed to the two little boys that were running around like crazy. “We both know Baylee needs to feel normal and not see you like this.”

“Yeah your right, especially since I haven’t told him his daddy won’t be home for Christmas.” Leighanne said wiping away her tears.

“What? Why? Is he not coming? I mean for crying out loud it’s Christmas!” Jane said a little startled by the news.

“I was the one to ask him not to come,” Leighanne said in a stern voice. “He doesn’t deserve to be Baylee, besides I don’t think I could see him. I actually told him that he needed to start looking for a lawyer and work on our divorce. If he doesn’t I will as much I don’t want too…I just don’t think I can forgive him Jane.”

“This is BS…” Jane told her in a low whisper. “You know you love that man you just told me so a few minutes ago, now I think it is stupid that you are keeping Baylee away from him on such a special occasion such as Christmas.”

“Jane I wish you could be in my shoes and then I would like to see if you really would forgive Chris so easily if he did something like this to you!” Leighanne said frustrated.

“He did and I worked it out with him…” Jane said finally revealing something of her dark personal life to her friend. “Back when you had no time for your friends cause you were busy with Brian’s solo tour…I caught him with is secretary and it hurt me so bad. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to kill her too, but we talked it out it wasn’t a piece of cake but at the end I wanted my marriage to work. I didn’t want to be another one of those millions of single mom’s out there and I love Chris. Now of course our relationship is strong and you would think we never had an earthquake in our life. Leighanne its hard yes but fight for what you want? Do you really see yourself without Brian?”

Leighanne just stared at her friend, she was still a little shocked after her confession. She would have never thought that of Chris, let alone for Jane to have forgiven him. But maybe she was right you have to fight for you what you want and the truth was she wasn’t ready to live without Brian in her life. “I’ll think about it, we still have a week before Christmas.”

******

“We did great don’t worry,” Nick told Brian as he lay on the guest room bed where Brian was staying. “What I am worried is about you going all the way over there; she clearly told you not go. I think you should give her that, she needs time and she needs to see the DVD we made.”

“It’s Christmas Nick! I want to spend it with my family,” Brian said in frustration knowing that his friend was probably right. He knew it was his fault that all this was happening. He suddenly felt angry with himself and began to just throw his clothes however in his suitcase.

“Fine just be careful ok and if she doesn’t want you there you can always come back and spend Christmas with me ok?” Nick told his friend.

“Thanks Nick,” Brian said giving him a hug. “You deserve to find a great person you know and you are just as sensitive as me.”

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” Nick said rolling his eyes. “Let’s get you to the airport or you will not make for your flight.”

“I’ll be fine Nick, I’ll get there for Christmas Eve and she has to let me be there for my son at least.” Brian said as he climbed into Nick’s car. “Thanks Nick and I will see you after, we have South America to go too.”

“Yeah, I hope its not as crazy as the last time we went there remember?” Nick said trying to change the conversation and try to lighten Brian’s mood a little.

“Oh, yeah crazy but it gave me this rush it was incredible.” Brian said smiling as he remembered those days. “Do you think she already got the package?”

“I am sure she is watching at we speak,” Nick said as he heard Brian’s questions now he hoped it would get Leighanne to forgive him. Brian was not the same without Leighanne, he felt a little bad and sad for him. As much as he hated the fact that since Brian had gotten married they hadn't spent so much time together he knew Brian was happy. But now Brian wasn’t even happy.

*******

“Mommy tomorrow is Christmas and daddy is still not here.” Baylee said as he stood beside the Christmas tree.

“Baylee I already told you daddy can’t be here this year but he did send a present which you can open tomorrow.” Leighanne told her son as she felt bad for keeping her son from enjoying his Christmas like he had since he could remember.

“So he won’t be opening his presents?” Baylee asked.

Leighanne sighed and kissed her son, “Baylee we can call daddy,” she said hesitating in dialing his number. After a quick sigh she dialed and waited for an answer, to her dismay she got his voicemail. “It’s me I was calling cause Baylee wanted talk to you so if you can return the call so Baylee can talk to you it be nice.” She hung up and gave Baylee a sad look. “Sorry Baylee daddy didn’t answer; let’s see if he calls back.” Leighanne held her son till he dozed off; carefully she put him to bed and finally got the courage to open the package she had received from Nick.

She read the letter attached to the DVD and smiled, “how sweet of him to send Baylee and I a video and gifts.” She put the DVD into her DVD player and pushed play.

[TV]

“Hi Leighanne I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I’ve decided to show just how great you have fitted into the Backstreet family and we miss you. Also I had to bring in a very special person that at the moment is not himself he needs you. Brian come here,” Nick said….

Leighanne watched and was tempted to turn it off but was warned by nick not to do it. She was crying and was filled with the so many memories she had. It only made her realize that she did love Brian and maybe she could fight for what she wanted. She began to cry harder as Nick focus the camera on Brian. Brian held his guitar and looked straight into the camera.

[TV]

“Leighanne I can’t take back what I caused but I am very sorry about it. You can call me whatever you want I won’t care just take me back…I love you. You and Baylee mean the world to me and what I told you on September 2, 2000 is still true….” Brian said looking straight into the camera as he began to play the guitar…

Beautiful you are
Compassionate is she
You have made me what I am
She’s all I hope to be
The world relies in you for fulfilling all my dreams
She is my dream come true
And in just two words my destiny
Cause you are everything…
Everything my heart could ever imagine
Everything you are…

Leighanne was now in tears as she heard the song. The song he had sung for her on there wedding day. She continued to listen to him play as pictures of there wedding were shown. She had to hand to Nick for this idea; this was the last thing she needed to realize that she did want Brian. She couldn’t loose him she love him!

She was in trance with the video she didn’t hear the doorbell till the third time, by the video hand ended. “Coming,” she said wondering who it could be…
Chapter End Notes:
OK here is three more chapters...I have finished this story so I am trying to get it all soon.. hope you enjoy