- Text Size +
“To a new year and a fresh new start,” Kevin said as he raised his champagne glass.

“To family as well,” Brian said as he raised his glass with the rest of his family.

Leighanne smiled as she basked in the New Year’s party with just family. “I love you,” she whispered to her husband as she took a sip of her champagne glass.

Brian smiled at his wife and signaled her to follow him, “come lets go to the patio,” he told her when she was by his side.

“Ok,” Leighanne to her husband as they discreetly left the crowded living room where all the family was. “It’s a little windy today,” she said as the air hit her.

“Come here,” he told her as he wrapped his arms around her resting his chin in the crook of her neck and shoulder. “I want you and Baylee to go with me to South America. After that Mexico and then I want us to take a family vacation to wherever you want.”

“I didn’t plan to stay; from now on I want to be with you. I want us to communicate even more than before Brian.” She told him as she got comfortable in his arms.

“Ok,” he told her kissing her on the neck. “I love you…” he told her as he turned her so she was facing him. Brian smiled at her and then he took her lips with his.

“I love you too,” she told him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “So can I know what your new year’s resolution is?”

“Can I know yours?” he asked her.

“I asked first,” she told him with a smirk on her face.

He smiled at her, “If I tell you it might not work,” he kissed her again.

“There you are,” Kevin said as he stopped in his tracks, “I’ll just go back in,” he said with a smirk on his face. “You guys are not here,” he said as he turned around to walk back inside.

“No it’s ok,” Leighanne said as she blushed. “Let’s go back in,” she told Brian as she pulled him with her.

*****

“Are you sure?” Leighanne asked Kristen as she held to Baylee’s hand. “It won’t be to much to handle?”

“I’ll be fine, now you and Brian go have a little time alone. Kevin and I will keep Baylee right Kev?” Kristen as her husband who was busy tying Mason’s shoes.

“Yeah its cool,” Kevin said as he picked Mason up and gave Leighanne a reassuring smile.

“Yes mommy I want to go with Uncle Kevin,” Baylee told his mom.

“Ok but if it gets out of hand you’ll call me right?” Leighanne asked.

********

“Brian?” Leighanne whispered into her sleeping husband’s ear. “Wake up,” she smiled when she heard Brian moan.

“Five more minutes,” Brian demanded from his wife who was gently shaking him. He hadn't been sleeping well and then last’s night’s party well more like till the morning had not helped. “Ok fine I’m up…” he told her as he turned and pulled her to him.

“Brian!” Leighanne laughed as she struggled to get away from his grip. “I have a nice day planned out for us since Baylee has decided to spend the day with his Uncle Kevin so let’s go,” she told him finally breaking free.

“Yeah where are we going,” he asked as he got up and walked to the restroom.

“The beach,” she said a little loud so he could hear since the faucet was on. “I know that most likely it will be empty but that will make it much better for us.”

“Ok,” Brian said coming out of the restroom looking more alive. “So I guess that means I should wear shorts?”

“Yes whatever you want,” Leighanne said as she watched Brian get dressed. She was admiring her husband and she realized then she had the right thing in forgiving him.

“Stop staring at me like that or we won’t make it to the beach,” Brian told her as he gave her grin.

Leighanne laughed and stood up, “Well then let’s go,” she told him as she grabbed what she had prepared while he slept.

“Oh a picnic at the beach,” He said as he helped her with the stuff.

“Yep, now let’s go Kristen lend us her car.” She told him as they exited Kevin’s house.

*******

Josie squirmed her toes into the sand taking in the sunny day. “What a way to pass New Year’s” she said to herself as she continued her path. The beach was not so packed and that made it better for her to think. She could still not forget him, he was in her blood. Why hadn't she met him before? Could she find someone like him? So many things to think about that she didn’t notice she had wondered to a more secluded area. She smiled as she saw a couple enjoying time alone. She watched them kiss and feed each other food, why couldn’t she find someone like that. As she got closer though she realized, that it wasn’t just any random couple. “Brian?” she whispered as she continued watch them.

“I Love you,” Brian told his wife as he leaned in and kissed her. “I was thinking…” he told her giving her a grin. “That Baylee seems lonely,” he told her taking her hand in his.

“Oh, I know what your thinking,” she told him as she suddenly felt flushed. “I don’t know about that I mean I will be the fat whale not you…” she told him laughing.

“It would be nice, maybe have the little girl. Our little Kimberly…” he told her as there eyes locked.

“A little girl huh? What if god sends us a boy instead?” she asked him.

“Well then we’ll just have to keep trying to we get our Kimberly…” he told her with a goofy grin. “No just kidding well if god blesses us with another little boy than so be it I will still love him with all my heart.”

She looked at him and grinned, “I guess we can try…” she told him surprising with a kiss.

“Really?” he asked her happiness and excitement in his voice.

“Yes why not? I not getting younger.” she told him.

“Alright,” he said pulling her up in his arms. “So we are officially trying?” he asked her as he stopped twirling her around.

“I guess so,” she told him that’s when she caught a glimpse of someone staring at them. “I think we should stop, we have an audience.” She whispered into his ear. “Behind that rock,” she told him.

“Do you think its paparazzi?” he asked her trying to be subtle as turned toward the rock.

“No maybe a fan?” she told him as she began to put all the things back into the basket. “We should go,” she told him.

“Hang let me go see who it is…” he told her as she began to walk toward the huge rock.

“Brian,” Leighanne whispered as she ran after him. “I don’t want to stay alone,” she told him.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok two more chapters... like I had mentioned before I had already posted it this story but had taken it down... It is complete so I am trying to get it all back up... enjoy and review. thanks.