- Text Size +
******Brian’s POV********

Only a few days before we headed to Latin America something happened that finally changed my perspective on people in general. I had honestly believed that Josie had been honest that day at the beach when we caught her watching us. Boy was I wrong and I also learned that I was too nice.

Leighanne had left to Georgia to get something’s ready for our trip so, I gladly accepted Nick’s invitation to stay with him. I was finally feeling like I had a grip of my life already knowing that Leighanne had forgiven me and that I was back where I was before Josie had stepped into it.

The days were spent rehearsing and getting ready to rock Latin America. We had not been to Latin America in a while and we were anxious to see how we would be received after such a long absence. I remembered clearly just how possessive and crazy our fans were from the last time.

It wasn’t till a particular day in which after talking to Leighanne who was to fly back from Georgia the next day that I felt uneasy. Somehow I felt like I was being watched… yet when I looked around I saw nothing. Yet the uneasiness continued to follow me as I went and did some shopping. I shrugged off my feeling till the end of my day.

I was heading back to Nick’s car he had lend it to me so I could go shopping that in peripheral vision someone caught my eye. I didn’t need to get a good glance till to know who it was. I sigh deeply trying to calm myself as I turned to face her. “Josie what are you doing?” I asked her as a glared at her.

“I was shopping here and I saw you so I had to say hi.” She told me with a smile, I almost believed it was just an innocent smile till she tried to hug me. “No Josie,” I stopped her and took a deep breath. “I thought you said you would stay away… I don’t want to get a restraining order on you Josie.” I said between gritted teeth.

I was surprised when she held her hands up in a surrendering form, “Sorry I forgot that I repulse you.” Her words were harsh something that I felt she did not need to say. She looked at me and suddenly I saw the tears threatening to come out of her eyes. “I want to know one thing though can you at least answer me that?” she asked me her lips quivering with every word.

I sighed and I knew I should have left but I am a sucker for emotional woman. I just get this lump in my throat and I just can’t be harsh. “Fine ask me,” I said but I was sure to show my frustration as I played with the keys in hand. I was not even looking at her I couldn’t because I would only feel guilty even if I knew it wasn’t my fault anymore. I had come clean and did not want anything to do with her anymore.

“Please let’s go get some coffee so we can talk better I promise I won’t do anything stupid I just want you to answer my question.” She begged me as she tried to take my hand which I quickly pulled away. “I rather not just ask me Josie…” I said in a demanding voice.

“Please,” she told me now she was sobbing so with a sigh of frustration I agreed. She kept insisting for me to have a coffee or something but I continued to make myself clear. I was just allowing her to ask me her damn question so I could go and get rid of her forever.

“No Josie just talk or I am out of here and if you come near me again I will get that restraining order.” I had to tell her with a warning voice when she continued to beg for me to get something to drink. She finally understood and shrugged as we both took a seat on a table out in the patio of the very popular coffee house.

“Fine…” she leaned in toward me I could smell her perfume. I swallowed hard as I saw her lips it reminded me of my horrible decisions from months prior. “I…” she sighed again I guess trying to find a way to ask me whatever she was trying to ask me. “Do you ever think that if you weren’t married you and I could have had something?”

As I heard her question I was perplexed! How could she even ask me that? “Josie I don’t know because I have never thought about that option… I have what I want and I am happy.” I told her as I made the attempt to stand up but her hand grabbed my arm quickly.

“Wait please I am not done,” she told me and let go of my hand when I sat back down. “I know but honestly Brian you didn’t ever feel anything for me at all? I thought we had bonded quite well… I just want to understand why it’s so hard for you to leave her if you fell for someone else.” She stammered as she played with her fingers.

I gasped and giggled at her comment, “Josie I only offered you friendship you took it the other way… I will tell you this again I love my wife and my son with all my heart and they are the ones that mean the most to me. I could never leave them! Get that in your head Josie…” I told her balling my hands into fists.

She let out a soft sob and then finally stared at me her black eyes piercing into mine. I had to swallow hard and felt a sharp stab of guilt in my gut; I had really messed with her feelings. She honestly thought I had fallen for her. I shook my head trying to not feel guilty for this I had always been clear to her. “Then why when you kissed…” she tried to calm herself to continue, “It felt so real so sincere?”

I knew I had to get out of there so with the harshest words I could come up with I spoke to her, “I am only human Josie… I am a man what did you think? I was feeling lonely so I guess you can say I used you…” I tried not to wince as I told her that. I mean I am not that kind of man. I had kissed her back once or twice but it was just my doubts. Now I was back on track and I knew she had only been a test. I did love Leighanne and only her.

“You’re lying,” she told me standing up as I did. I shook my head and place a sly smile on my face as I spoke again. “No you wanted the truth there you have it now leave me alone…” I told her walking away. I walked in a fast pace so she wouldn’t catch up to me. I slammed the driver’s door and for once sped away in a long time. I felt horrible but I knew it had to be done. I wished she would have listened to me though and stayed away…