- Text Size +
“Are we ready?” Brian asked his wife as they walked toward the cab that was to take them LAX.

“Yes, I just need to take this bag with me in case Baylee gets fussy on the flight.” Leighanne told her husband.

A few minutes later they were loading the cab the day was sunny and perfect. “It’s a lovely day to be at the beach,” Leighanne said as they rode in the cab.

An hour in half later they had arrived and were surprised to find that the rest of the guys were already there. As they waited for there flight Baylee was having the time of his life with his uncle Nick.

“Don’t run to far Baylee,” Leighanne said as she watched Nick and Baylee running around. She smiled to see her son having fun; she had made the right choice.

“We’ll be right back,” Nick announced to everyone as he carried Baylee. “We’re going to make a quick stop at McDonalds.”

“Don’t take to long, I am sure we are about to get called,” Howie told Nick as they watched him already walking away a body guard right behind them.

*******

“So is that all you want Baylee?” Nick asked him as they stood line.

“Yes one ice cream cone please, what are you having?” he asked as he began to run around Nick’s feet.

“I don’t know yet squirt,” Nick told him stopping him. “Don’t do that or your going to get sick.”

A few minutes later Nick was busy chatting with the Clerk who took his order. He had even signed a napkin for her. He was to entertained he for instant forgot Baylee was with him. Finally he got his ordered and after paying began to walk away. “Bay, let’s go…” he said as he looked around.

He sighed heavily thinking that Baylee was probably playing with him. “Hey Jason where’s Baylee?”

“He was with you in line,” Jason the guard then became alarmed. “Maybe he’s playing with you and is hiding. I was trying to stay away you know give you space. Fuck,”

Soon they were busy looking for Baylee, he was no where to be found. Nick felt his heart fall as he realized he had lost Baylee. “he’s never the one to leave just like that.” he said as they began to walk back toward the rest.

Leighanne became alarmed as she saw Nick and the body guard return alone. “Where’s Baylee?” she asked quickly.

Nick looked down and then he told them. “We’ll find him Jason is going to contact the airport security. Maybe he’s just hiding from me… you know how he likes to play hide and seek.”

Brian didn’t wait for more and began to search. It didn’t take long for LAX security to start the search, “Damn it Nick,” Brian said in frustration as he began to loose his patience. “Baylee,” he yelled into a bathroom looking inside.

********

Two hours later they were all in the Airports office with an officer and Security manager apologizing and telling them they were going to find him. “Do you know of anyone who would want to take you son?”

Leighanne was in tears and only shook her head. “I don’t think so,” she wiped her tears and tried to control herself to no avail.

“How about the security cameras?” Howie asked as his patience began to thin as well.

“We’re working on that,” Officer. Salinas said as he picked up the phone and dialed a number. After a few seconds he looked up and smiled, “They got something on a camera lets go,” he said as he stood up.

As soon as they walked into the monitoring room the played the tape, Leighanne gasped as she saw her son talking to a woman. She was showing him how to blow bubbles and then she tells him something else. Then out of no where she grabs him and begins to walk with him.

“Wait… that’s,” Brian’s face turned pale as he recognized the tattooed arm. “Josie… its Josie. She has Baylee!”

“Son of Bitch!” AJ said as he saw it too. “Why the fuck is she taking Baylee?”

“Do you know her,” the officer asked as he faced them.

“Yes…unfortunately we do.” Howie said anger apparent on his voice. “She used to work for us and did become a little obsessed with Brian so we had to let her go.”

“I am sorry guys but you all must follow me to the police station and put in a report for your son’s disappearance. We will also put out a search on this lady, let’s go.” Officer Salinas said as he began to talk through his walkie talkie.

Nick sighed heavily, “I’m sorry Brian this is all my fault.” He felt retched and guilty. “if I would’ve paid attention to him.”

*******

“This is not the way to the airplane,” Baylee told Josie as she put him inside a car.

“Yeah Baylee I’m sorry sweetie but your not going bye bye after all. Your daddy is going to meet us somewhere else.” Josie said as she got into the car. She smiled triumphantly as she began to drive away. “Like taking a lollipop from a kid.” She said.

“Why?” Baylee asked.

“Because, just be quiet Baylee. It’s a big surprise for daddy and your going to help ok?”

“Josie I thought you weren’t working with daddy anymore. Daddy didn’t like you.”

“No it was a misunderstanding sweetie, just be quiet ok? Soon we will be with daddy and we are going to have so much fun.” Josie said as she made it out of the airport’s parking lot.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok so here is a few more chapters... I should let you know that I only have to post two more chapters to have this FF completed up... Please let me what you think.. :)