- Text Size +
“Are you sure?” officer Salinas asked the man one more time.

“Yes sir she came in yesterday and quit. She told me she no longer needed the job, she just told me her future husband had asked her to quit. They were going to go elope in Vegas and then move to Europe.” Johnny the owner of Hollywood styles Salon said as he continued to wonder why so many cops had come into his salon in such a busy hour.

“Do you still have an address for her or phone number?” he asked anxiously.

“I… I can check,” Johnny said feeling scared at the urgency in the officer’s voice. He walked into his office and two minutes later came back with an address and phone number. “Officer?” Johnny said as he handed him the paper. “Is Josie ok? She did look a little disturbed yesterday. Like desperate.”

Officer Salinas smirked and then sighed, “I am sure she is fine its that fact that she has kidnapped someone and we believe the kid is in danger that we need to find her. If she by chance calls you for any reason please don’t hesitate to call me, we need to get the kid back.” He said handing him his card.

********

“Will you shut up!” Josie said impatiently to the Baylee who was now crying. “Your dad will be here soon…”

“I want my mommy too,” Baylee said as he threw the cup of juice Josie had given him.
“Well sorry kid but I am going to be your new mommy. So get used to it!” she said angrily as she picked up the cup and slammed the cup on the table to make a point. “Will you just shut up!!!!” Josie screamed when Baylee began to cry again.

She faced the little kid again and tried to calm down, “Ok I will make you a deal Bay if you calm down I will call your daddy and you can talk to him what you say?”

Baylee looked up at Josie and stopped crying, “ok,” he said.

She smiled triumphantly as she dialed his number she just hoped he hadn't changed it. If not her plan would be no good, “It works,” she said as she heard the phone ring.

*********

“I’m so sorry baby… I promise I will get him back,” Brian whispered to his wife who had been inconsolable since she heard who had her baby.

“I want my baby,” Leighanne sobbed as she hugged her husband. “I want to kill her,” she said for the first time actually feeling hate for her. Yeah she was mad about the situation between her and her husband but now she hated her. How could she take her son?

“We are going to get him back,” AJ said as he lit a cigarette. “Don’t worry if you don’t kill her I will!”

“Is it me or someone’s phone is vibrating,” Nick said taking out his phone. “Not mine,” he said as he looked seeing AJ and Howie checking there phones.

“It’s mine,” Howie said as he answered it. “Fred? I need you to slow down and tell me again…” Howie said as he put his phone on speaker.

“I just got a call from Josie and she wanted Brian’s number. She kept insisting on it and I was about to hang up when I heard a little boys cry. Then she told him to shut up and said Baylee’s name… I knew then something was wrong. I also remembered getting the call about our flight to Latin America postponed. So I told her to give me her number and that I would get Brian to call her….” Fred said in a more calm tone.

“No she did not scream at my baby,” Leighanne said.

“What’s the number Fred?” Brian asked as he took out his cell phone.

“Shouldn’t we tell the cops first?” AJ asked.

“I don’t have time I need to get my son back,” Brian said and once again asked for the number. He right away began to dial…

********

Josie smiled as her phone began to ring, “Hello Brian,” she said as she took a seat next to Baylee.

“Josie why in hell did you take Baylee? Just bring him back to us safely… think about it. All the trouble you are in already…” Brian said anger apparent in his voice.

“Nice to hear you too…” she said ignoring Brian’s words. “So I will make a deal with you do want to hear or do you prefer for me to take Baylee to a place where you will never see him again?”

“No Josie please…” Brian sighed heavily trying not to break down for his wife’s sakes.

“So does that mean you will hear me out?” Josie asked sounding impatient.

“Yes,” Brian said.

“Ok I want you to get a chopper to pick you, me and Baylee up from my apartment building it is to take us out of the US. I also think you should take some money for our expenses. Now I won’t be so harsh you have the option to leave Baylee with her… I mean I plan to give you plenty more kids.” Josie smiled at that thought. “If you don’t follow my demands remember I have Baylee and you won’t see him again. Hey Baylee daddy is on the phone say hi,” Josie said handing Baylee her phone.

“Baylee?” Brian asked as he heard the shuffling from the other side.

“Daddy? Daddy when are you coming? I don’t like Josie…”

“Ok that’s enough talking to your son,” Josie said taking the phone back. “You exactly ten hours before I leave with him and you will never see him again.”

“No I’ll be there,” Brian said… “What’s the address?”

********

Officer Salina’s smiled as he heard about Josie’s contact. “She really isn’t all there is she? Her boss did mention she looked desperate, desperate people make stupid mistakes.”

“What does that mean?” Leighanne asked.

“It means she didn’t think much about us. Mr. Littrell do as she told you and you will have to up there? Do you mind?” officer Salinas asked.

“No I’ll do it, I just want my son back safely.” Brian said in a monotone voice. At this point he didn’t care about himself but for his son.

“Good, then lets get this on the move,” officer Salina’s said. “Your son will be back in your safely Mrs. Littrell don’t worry. Mr. Littrell lets get you geared up,” Salina’s said.

“Wait!” Leighanne said stopping Brian from following the officer. “I want to tell you I love you and be careful. Bring our son back,” she told him kissing him deeply.

“I will,” Brian said giving her a weak smile.

************

“Just relax Baylee your dad will be here soon. We are going to have so much fun you’ll see!!” Josie said as she took another sip from the bottle she held in her hand. “I won Baylee… Brian and you will be with me. I am going to be a much better mother you’ll see,” she told the sleeping baby as she began to pack the essentials for the trip.

Soon it would be time to go up to the building where her freedom was waiting. “Mexico first and then we can travel to Europe,” she said to herself.

She was going to show everyone that she could be a perfect wife and that she was capable of being happy. All she needed now was to have Brian by her side. She wondered how her first time with him would be.

“I am going to make him forget her, in every aspect.” She said with confidence. Brian deserved someone like her. She was doing Brian a favor she was. Leighanne was bound to leave him sooner or later. She was not the right woman for him, because she was he just hadn't found her yet. But now that they had found each other they would make it work.

*********

Brian frowned at the noise from the chopper. He could see Baylee and Josie standing close to the chopper he turned one more time and spoke to officer Salina's “you won’t shoot at her either right?”

“No that is not our goal he want to bring her in.” Brian nodded and finally opened the door that led to the chopper. He sighed heavily as he saw Josie smile, he began to walk faster when he saw his son try to pull away to get to only to have Josie hold him tighter.

“Daddy!” Baylee yelled but it seemed like his father did not hear him.

Finally Brian was standing in front of her. “I want Baylee to stay with Leighanne,” he said firmly as he kneeled down and hugged his son, “Baylee I want to walk to those doors your uncle Nick is waiting for you.”

“You brought Nick with you?” Josie asked kneeling down next him.

“Yes I told you Baylee stays.” Brian said he kissed him one more time and he pushed him to walk. He saw his son obey and walk toward the door he had just come out of as soon as he was inside the police came out with guns in hand.

“I don’t understand?” Josie said looking confused and looked at Brian. “Why?” she asked she began to back away.

“Josie I don’t love you, just let me get you help.” Brian said as he realized Josie was backing away to the edge of the building. “Josie please,” he said as he began to walk toward her.

“No…” she said feeling betrayed. “I love you and I only wanted you to love me back.” She said finally reaching the edge of the building.

“Josie please,” Brian said realizing what she was planning to do. Brian turned around and saw the police officers had stopped moving too trying to figure out her next move. “Josie lets talk… please come to me.”

Josie smiled and then laughed, “I just wanted to love you the right way. But I repulse you and I only want to please you. I have no one else but you… you showed me that I was worth it and then you shattered my heart.”

“No Josie no….” Brian said running up to her and grabbing her wrist.

She smiled at him and then sighed, “You don’t love me yet you can’t see me suffer?” she asked him caressing his cheek. She groaned when she saw that the police where approaching them again, “Could you kiss one more time please before I get sent to jail forever?”

“Josie I can’t,” Brian said with a sad tone. “I am going to get you help though,” he said.

“Please just one kiss,” Josie said leaning in and pressing her lips on his.

Brian was about to break the kiss when he realized he didn’t need too, “no…. Josie!” he said as he watched her jump the edge of the building…
Chapter End Notes:
the ending is near... soon. :)