- Text Size +
“Bye little man, see you in back in Canada.” Josie told the little boy that wasn’t to happy to be leaving Europe. She knew how attached he was to Brian.

“Yeah Baylee you will see Josie and Daddy back in Canada, two months go by fast.” Leighanne to her son as she hugged Josie, she had become quite close to her. So close that she had even shared some of her issues with Brian. They were a few but; still he marriage wasn’t perfect either. Little things they were but still she now had someone to confide in that would go and tell one of the other guys. Besides Baylee just seemed to be more infatuated with Josie by the day, it was so cute to see Baylee take such a liking with someone so new.

“I’m going to miss you,” Josie told her new friend. Because even if she was a tad bit jealous of Leighanne because she had a perfect life, she was a great person.

“No, I am going to miss her the most,” Brian intervened as he joined them. “Ready?” he asked his wife as he helped her with Baylee’s bag.

“Yeah, let’s go. Josie I will see you in Canada…” Leighanne signaled Brian she was ready and together they walked to the cab the waited for them outside of the hotel.

Josie just watched as Leighanne and Brian talked to each other. He seemed to really not want her to go, but she had too… Then there it was the most sensual kiss between them. She couldn’t help wonder how it would feel to kiss Brian’s lips. She shook her head and realized she needed to get away from there. She began to walk to the elevators to get back to her room when she heard her name being called. “Yeah?” she turned to see AJ walking toward her.

“Hey, so now that your little admirer is gone I thought I would invite you out to do some sight seeing. I am going with Howie and Leigh, what you say?” he asked.

She eyed AJ and she couldn’t say he was hot but she knew his type… “It’s not a date right?” Josie finally asked.

“Not if you don’t want it to be, I just want to get to know you. Look don’t believe everything you hear about me… I just thought you’d like to join us but if you don’t want…” he stopped talking when he saw that she wasn’t even really paying attention to him anymore. He followed her stare and saw who she was staring at…Brian. “What?” he asked he looked at Brian too.

She finally realized that AJ had noticed her staring at Brian come back in to the hotel. “Nothing…he just looks so sad.”

“Nah, he’ll be fine he is used to this…Leighanne always travels back and forth.” He looked at Josie and suddenly he realized what was happening. He tried to not think it, but it was obvious.

“I’ll take a rain check on the sight seeing today I want to be alone in my room.” Josie told AJ as she saw the weird look he had given her. Had she been a little to obvious with the sudden attraction she had for Brian. It was just a little crush right? She knew better right?

“Uh, ok yeah well maybe in the next city then. I’ll go see if Nick wants to go.” AJ told Josie as he made a mental note to talk to Brian later.

“Ok well see you later,” Josie said as she pretended to get into the elevator. She watched as AJ vanished into the other elevator. She walked back out just in time to see Brian walking to the elevators. “Oh, Brian you can share this one with me,” she told him as she pushed the open button inside the elevators to give him time to go in.

“Thanks,” Brian told her as he gave her a smile.

“You’re going to miss them aren’t you?” Josie asked him as she stared into his blue eyes.

“Yeah I am, there the reason I live.” He told her as he sighed remembering his goodbye just a few minutes ago. “I wanted to go with to the airport but, that meant more security so Leighanne just told me not to.”

“So what are you going to do now that your family is not here?” Josie pried a she continued to stare at him, just admiring his features.

“I was going to go see if Nick wanted to do something…I need to catch up with him now that I have a chance.” He told her as he finally dared to stare into her eyes, they were dark pools. He finally realized that her eyes weren’t brown at all but black. Dark and hypnotizing because to be honest he had never really met anyone with black eyes, dark brown yes but not black… “You?”

“Well I just heard from AJ that Nick was going sight seeing with him, Howie and Leigh. Me? I was just going to watch a movie maybe go out get something to eat.” She smiled at him.

“Oh, well then I guess there goes my plans. I will then probably catch on some reading and maybe call my mom.” He made a goofy face to lighten the tenseness he felt all of a sudden.

“Well you can go with me to lunch then we can go our separate ways what you say?” she asked him as she laughed at his face.

“Uhm,” Brian didn’t know what to say, she was lonely and this was her first time out on her own. “Ok how about we go to the restaurant here in the hotel? I heard they have good food.”

“Ok, just let me get dressed and I’ll meet down there?” she asked him with a big smile on her face. She actually felt her heart flutter at his response.

“Ok,” he told her just as the doors to the elevator opened. He was relieved to finally get out, for the first time he felt strange in an elevator. “I’ll see you down there.” He walked away stopping when he heard the voices of his friends in Nick’s room, smiling he knocked on the door. “What are you all up too?” he asked making a face as Leigh answered.

“Hey just waiting on Nick to finish putting on his shoes, we’re going sight seeing.” She flashed him the camera.

“I’m done,” Nick said as he stood up from the chair.

“Alright let’s roll,” Howie said as he wrapped his arm around Leigh’s waist.

“Ok you want come B?” asked AJ as he also stood up from where he was sitting.

“Uhm, I can’t I just made plans to have lunch with Josie,” he told his friends. “What?” he asked as he the look on AJ’s face.

“Man, I don’t about the rest of you but Josie seems a little extra sweet on Brian. I just think you should watch out Brian.” AJ told him with a concern look.

“Yeah I kind of noticed that too,” Nick said.

“Me too…it’s subtle but I can tell she has something for you Bri,” Howie also said.

“I can’t say anything, I’ve only talked to her once and she seemed to have gotten along well with Leighanne and Baylee.” Leigh said trying to ease the uneasy look on Brian’s face. But she couldn’t disagree because she really didn’t know her.

“You all are crazy; Josie is just lonely and is new to this whole thing. She is flirty but with all of us, remember the other day AJ…” Brian said as he pointed at AJ. He wanted AJ to remember when she joked about not removing his shirt in front of her…when she had no boyfriend. “She knows I am married and that I love my wife,” Brian told them.

“Just watch it Bri, Josie is fire and you might get burned…” AJ told him as he walked out of the room followed by the rest.

He watched his friends disappear and shook his head. “No Josie wouldn’t hit on me right? She knows I’m married.” He sighed and walked to his room.