- Text Size +
He walked nervously into the restaurant still thinking about what AJ had told him. He stopped in his tracks when he saw her already seated in a table. She had changed clothes alright… “Hey,” he said nervously taking a seat in on the chairs.

“Hey,” she smiled as she saw him take a seat in front of her. “What’s wrong?” she asked as she his look.

“I – uh… Josie I don’t want you to take my friendship as me wanting something more with you. I’m married and I love my wife.” He said as he looked into her eyes.

She felt her heart stop as she heard him tell her that… “Right I know that Brian.” She assured him with a soft tone.

“I’m sorry if I just came out like that…but if I am going to be your friend I want you to understand that I have no other feelings for you. I just felt like I needed to tell you that.” Brian gave her a weak smile and watched her become very uncomfortable after that.

Was she that obvious? “I know I’m sorry if I gave the impression that I wanted more from you. I have come to appreciate Leighanne and Baylee too. I wouldn’t want to jeopardize that, I know you wouldn’t even look at me like that either. I am not worthy of finding a guy like you.” she told him as she suddenly lost her appetite.

“I didn’t say that Josie,” he said nervously rubbing his neck. “I think you’re beautiful and I know that you will find someone very special for you. I didn’t mean to freak you out, I’m sorry for saying that. So friends?” Brian asked her wishing she would look at him since he had started to speak about this she had been looking only at the menu.

“Yeah, I’m sorry if I gave you that impression.” She finally willed herself to look at him. She wanted to cry, she didn’t know why hearing him say that to her made her feel repulsive.

“Ok then why don’t we order?” Brian said as he too began to browse the menu.

“I just want a salad, not that hungry.” She told him as she put her menu aside. She again caught herself looking at him, he was so into the menu he didn’t notice her staring at him. His very defined features, his jaw line and the sideburns everything about him all of sudden was sexy. Now that he told her he wasn’t interested only made her want him more.

“Wow, there’s a lot to choose from,” he said as he finally chose what he wanted. After ordering there food, they just waited in silence. “I guess it was a bad idea to start our conversation like I did.” He finally said looking at Josie who was busy fidgeting with her phone.

“I’m sorry…” Josie said as she finally put her phone away and stared at him. “No its fine I understand your concern but trust me, you have nothing to worry about,” she told him as she reached over and put her hand on his.

“I know but, I just felt like I needed to say that. Any who are you going to tell me anything about you? Like favorite hobbies or something?” Brian asked pulling his hand away from her without giving her the impression that he hadn't liked her bold move.

“Well there really isn’t much…but I guess I can say that I love pain.” She pointed to her tattooed arms. “I love to dance and play pool. I can be a bitch sometimes but who isn’t?”

Brian smiled as he saw her finally begin to talk again like before. “Well I have a few tattoos myself…I actually have the song I sang to Leighanne at our wedding tattooed around my arm.” His lighted up at the mention of his wife.

Josie felt a tug when he mentioned Leighanne, but he was right he was taken. She couldn’t do this because of Baylee; she had really become fond of him. “Awe how sweet,” she managed to say.

The remainder of lunch was kept silent or with small talk about the tour or related to Backstreet boys. After a friendly shake of hands she watched him walk away… “I need to find something to get my mind off him,” she told herself as she grabbed her purse. She knew where she could find someone; it was everyone’s day off so she went in search of the nearest Pub.