- Text Size +
“Ok who’s this?” Josie asked as she felt the hands on her head covering her eyes. “Brian,” she smiled as he let go of his grip.

“How’d you guess it was me?” Brian asked as he smiled to her.

“I don’t know I just figured it would be you.” Josie told him as she gave him a smile.

“I was going to play some golf when I saw you here smoking like usual so I had see what you were up to? Want to golfing?” he asked as he took the cigarette from her hand. “You really should kick that habit in the butt.” He told her with a funny face.

“Fine…I won’t smoke anymore I will quit cold turkey happy?” she told him laughing at his face. “But if I quit AJ must too because if not I won’t be able to do it…” Josie told Brian that looked satisfied with her answer. “What is it with you Brian first you convince me to go against my will to get a new tattoo and now your making me quit smoking.”

“I will make sure AJ doesn’t smoke around you…that man is hard to convince to stop the habit. So golfing?” he asked again.

“I don’t even know how to golf…how about pool?” she asked him with a questionable face.

“No golfing…I will be your personal instructor. I heard Scotland has great golf courses.” He told her as he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him. He had finally put everything on the table and thought really hard about the situation. The truth was that Josie was only his friend like a sister like she had put it and AJ’s little hunch was just him probably hallucinating.

She laughed as he pulled her toward the waiting car. “I guess I have no choice,” she stopped when she heard her name being called. “Yes?” she asked Fred who was running toward giving her a nice peck on the mouth as he reached her.

“We were going to go sight seeing and wanted to invite you. Hey Brian,” Fred said all at once as he reached Josie.

Josie smiled she couldn’t have planned it better, “You know what it sounds awesome. Sorry Brian but me and golf just don’t mix. Talk to you later,” She told him as she pulled her hand from his grip. She then grabbed Fred’s hand and spoke, “Lets go,” she waved to Brian as she walked away with Fred.

Brian smiled and waved back to her, but inside he was a little mad. Why did Fred have to show up, he wanted to talk to her and just have a good day? Lately when he hung around her felt better like she understood him, she was a great friend. He took a deep breath and went on with his plans, it was apparent she had more feelings toward Fred than she led on. He was a little hurt though.

*******

Finally the last day of the tour in Europe then they would head to Canada. Nick was quick to show his happiness to that, “Yeah this is our last show, Canada here we go! Then finally home, U.S. of A hell yeah…” he said as he walked into to get his makeup done. “Ahah, I caught you there is no hiding it…your busted!” he told Josie who was putting out the cigarette she had just turned on.

“Now come on quitting cold turkey is not easy, I needed it anyway.” Josie told him as she sprayed some body spray in the room trying to take the smell of smoke away.

Nick began to cough, “fine I won’t tell you but you must do me a favor. Its only fair…” Nick told Josie with an evil grin on his face.

“What?” Josie asked annoyed, she knew he was not up to anything good.

:”Well since technically this is our last concert in Europe, I recall its prank time. So this is what I have planned and you will definitely help me…” Nick began to explain to Josie his master plan.

******

“I can’t believe you helped him,” Brian told Josie who was intently cleaning his face.

“Sorry but I thought it was funny everyone thought it was funny. Besides I can assure you with this all the permanent marker will go away,” she began to laugh as she continued to rub away the marker from his face.

“Yeah whatever, I am so getting Nick back for this one and you!!” he told her as he began to tickle her.

“Stop Brian or I will stop helping you remove it!” she told Brian as she pushed him away. “So I bet you’re happy you’ll get to see Leighanne and Baylee soon.” Josie tried to change the conversation, if she would have let him continue she might have let out her true feelings for him sooner ruining her cunning plan.

“Yeah I am actually. I want to carry Baylee in my arms and read him a bedtime story. Have a long night of chatting with Leighanne and just be with my family in general.” Brian told Josie as she smiled with expectation to know he would soon get to do just that.

“What? Just talk to Leighanne, really I would think you would say you couldn’t wait to have a long night of passion with her…I mean two months Brian? I don’t know if I could last that long…” Josie told him as she smiled when she noticed Brian was blushing.

“Josie…come on stop that. I was being serious here, why did you have to bring up that?” Brian asked still blushing from her forwardness.

“What we are both adults and we know the real deal.” She told him as she winked, “there your face is back to normal.”

“Thanks for cleaning my face after what you and Nick caused. I also know that we are adults but I really don’t like to discuss my personal information with other people.” Brian told Josie as he tried to compose himself from that awkward conversation at least for him.

“You amaze me sometimes Brian.” Josie told him as she looked at him intently again. “Well I guess I will go find Fred….all this talking got me thinking.” She told him as she began to walk away.

“NO, wait Josie.” Brian told her just as she was about to open the door to his suite and leave.

“Yes,” she asked as she arched her brow at him.

“Stay with me and watch a movie, maybe even play some video games. Just for tonight then in Canada you could continue to see Fred more often. Josie this will be our last time to talk, next time it will be with Leighanne and Baylee it won’t be the same just stay.” He asked he was shocked to notice he was actually kind of begging.

“I guess but when I watch a movie I tend to fall asleep and cuddle.” She told him as she let go of the door knob and walked back toward the living room area.

That night as they watched the movie Brian couldn’t concentrate for just like she had told him. She had fallen asleep and so close to him; he could feel her heart beat. Her face was fixed just in the croak of his neck and face he felt the light breathing. He sighed as he saw her sleeping she looked gorgeous. In a weird way he felt a bond with her, he just hoped Fred really meant to be serious with her, yet he wonder if she was serious about him too. He tried to concentrate on the movie but soon sleep won him over and fell asleep with her by his side.