- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the shortest & last chapter to this fic. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lena, Mathersons, Timbers Construction, & story idea. ABC owns Extreme Makeover & everyone else owns themselves. Thank-you!

Lena sat on the Extreme Makeover bus watching T.V., as it headed back towards Atlanta, Georgia. She couldn’t believe how fast the week had gone by, and that her and Ty were now headed back home. They’d a small break in between building houses, in order to rest up for the next big build.

 

                She sighed heavily, as she thought about what she still had to tell Ty. Nick and Brian had both reminded her to do so the night before, as they were all leaving the Matherson home, to head on back to their own lives.

 

                “He’s going to be so disappointed,” she thought miserably. She’d worked so hard this past week, wanting to make him proud, and yet without him knowing it, she’d technically screwed it all up. “I’m such an idiot.”

 

                “Hey Kiddo,” Ty smiled, as he joined her on the couch. “What’re we watching?”

 

                Lena shrugged, not sure what show was on now, as she’d been too busy thinking.

 

                “Everything alright?” Ty asked, a concerned look crossing his face. “You’re awful quiet today.”

 

                “I’m just thinking, is all,” Lena replied softly. How she wished she hadn’t promised to tell him.

 

                “Lena, you know you can tell me anything,” Ty reminded her. “So what aren’t you telling me now? Everything went great this week, did it not? Paulie gave me an excellent report.” 

 

                “Yeah, he would,” Lena muttered.

 

                “And what is that supposed to mean?” Ty demanded, eyeing her warily.

                 

                “Paulie doesn’t know everything,” Lena said finally, after a long moment. “I only saw Paulie when he insisted upon intruding. I was with Brian and Nicky more than anyone.”

 

                “What really happened this week?”

 

                “I…um…I kinda…screwed up,” Lena admitted at last. “I did some stupid things, and Brian and Nicky found out and took care of it.”

 

                “And just what was it they found out, Lena Marie?” Ty interrogated firmly.

 

                Lena shrunk some. Great. He didn’t even know the full story, and all ready he was getting mad at her.

 

                “Lena?” Ty repeated.

 

                “I…um…kinda forgot to eat…and didn’t get much sleep,” Lena finally managed to get out, gulping slightly.

 

                “Lena Marie Pennington!” Ty exclaimed. “Just what were you thinking!?”

 

                 “I didn’t want to fall behind and not be able to get everything done. This project meant everything to me, and I didn’t want to screw it up,” Lena answered quietly. “I wanted to make you proud. I didn’t want to let anyone down. But, I ended up letting you down anyway.”

 

                Ty sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair. “And you said Brian and Nick found out, right?”

 

                “Yeah,” Lena nodded. “They did.”

 

                “And did they deal with it?”

 

                “Yes,” Lena squeaked, her face turning crimson. “I never want to be lectured by a Backstreet Boy ever again! It’s embarrassing!”

 

                “Then, it’s done and over with,” Ty replied, after thinking for a long moment. “By looking at your face, I am sure they handled it well. So long as you never do something like that again.”

 

                “I won’t. I promise,” Lena assured him. “I learned my lesson, I swear.”

 

                “Then I’m still proud of you,” Ty told her, smiling some. “You confessed to doing wrong, when you didn’t have too. That proves I’m doing a good job, and that you know you can come to me with anything. And you did an amazing job this week, Kiddo, regardless of what went on behind the scenes.”

 

                Lena gave a huge sigh of relief, as she hugged him tightly. She didn’t know what she’d do without Ty. He meant everything to her, and always knew what to say to make her feel better.

 

                “I love you, Kiddo,” Ty reminded her, as he returned her tight hug. “No matter what you may do.”

 

                “Love you too,” Lena actually murmured.

 

                Ty was a bit surprised upon hearing those two words that he never expected to hear. She wasn’t one to say them – she’d much rather hug him or something, rather than actually utter it aloud.

 

                “Now, how’s about you start finishing up on that homework of yours,” Ty suggested.

 

                “What homework?” Lena asked, pretending to have no idea what he was referring to.

 

                “I know you well enough to know you probably started it, then set it aside all week,” Ty chuckled. “C’mon Kiddo. I’ll even help you with it, if you need me too.”

 

                Lena groaned. “You sure know how to suck the fun out of a long ride home.”

 

                “Well, soon as you finish it, we can always have a Nintendo marathon or something,” Ty promised. “I’ll even make some snacks.”

 

                “Oh, all right,” Lena complied, getting up and heading for where she’d left her knapsack all week. “You’re the boss, after all.”

 

                “Who is quite proud to say his second in command knows how to handle such huge responsibility for the most part,” Ty smiled.

 

                Lena blushed some as she sat at the table, and pulled out the last of her homework. “You better stop, or my head’s gonna get too big.”

 

                “If that happens, you’re attitude adjuster will adjust it quite nicely,” Ty replied calmly, as he began raiding the bus cupboards.

 

                “Ty!” Lena exclaimed with a whine. “Quit mentioning that blasted thing, will you? It’s bad enough the Backstreet Boys saw it! I don’t need you to keep reminding me that it’s there!”

 

                Ty chuckled, as he continued to search the cupboards for some snacks. He couldn’t wait until they were home, and he’d be able to tell her about the surprise he’d arranged. He had a huge reward for her, for doing such a good job as team leader. Only thing was, now wasn’t the time to tell her, as then she’d never concentrate on her schoolwork and would bug him incessantly.

 

                “Ty, I’m stuck,” Lena complained. “This stuff isn’t making any sense at all.”

 

                Ty set the snacks he’d found down on the counter, and moved to peer over her shoulder at her schoolwork. “Oh, this is easy.”

 

                Lena listened carefully as he went on to explain it all to her, in terms she would understand.

 

                Ty glanced at her, as she began doing as he’d instructed, unable to feel anything but proud. Maybe he wouldn’t tell her he’d a surprise for her. It might just be that much sweeter to just blindfold her and not take it off, until they were standing before the front entrance of Disney World. Yes, he was finally going to take her to Disney World – she had more than earned it. But, that’s another story to tell at another time…