Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The May Challenge  (Read 28577 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: The May Challenge
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »

that just seems so wrong. cats... I did the fetal pig thing. that was wrong too, but cats sound worse.

the cats are practically dead when these companies that distribute animal specimen for academic use sweep them off the streets anyway. my cat was almost 5 feet long, had the mangiest fur, and was the skinniest thing ever. it didn't much look like a house cat or someone's pet, so i didn't mind so much.

i've done rats, cow hearts, sheep's brain, the cat, these giant, black southern grasshoppers that were two feet long, etc. Of all of them, the grasshoppers freaked me out the most lol
Sarah

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »

that just seems so wrong. cats... I did the fetal pig thing. that was wrong too, but cats sound worse.

I did the fetal pig too... and I have to say, as disturbed as I was by the cat (disturbed but also fascinated... LOL I'm not gonna lie; I love cats, but I thought it was cool too), I actually found the pig worse.  I think it was because the cat was this big, ugly, shaved thing, but the fetal pig was this cute little piglet.  Like Wilbur!  LOL  We had to chop off its legs and its snout and stuff cause we were just supposed to be dissecting down to the brain stem and spinal cord, and it seemed so wrong! :(  Poor little piglet.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »

We had to chop off its legs and its snout and stuff cause we were just supposed to be dissecting down to the brain stem and spinal cord, and it seemed so wrong! :(  Poor little piglet.

Holy! You had to do that?! We had to dissect the whole freakin' piggy, but there was no snout and limb choppage that went on.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2008, 09:51:09 PM »

i've done rats, cow hearts, sheep's brain, the cat, these giant, black southern grasshoppers that were two feet long, etc. Of all of them, the grasshoppers freaked me out the most lol

Eww to the grasshopper!  Two feet?!  Freaky!

I've done the cat, fetal pig, sheep brain, cow eye, starfish, and frog.  Oh, and a pickle LOL.  We did the pickle in 8th grade for practice before we did the starfish and the frog.  The frog was the coolest!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »

Holy! You had to do that?! We had to dissect the whole freakin' piggy, but there was no snout and limb choppage that went on.

Yeah, it was sick!  Our goal was to dissect down to the brain stem and spinal cord and remove those without severing the cord (which my partner and I actually suceeded at - go us!), so it was basically "hack and chop everything else up until you get to the middle, and then be really, really careful."  And that's really the only thing I remember about doing it - that we sliced off its little legs and its snout. :(
~Julie

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »

And that's really the only thing I remember about doing it - that we sliced off its little legs and its snout. :(

*gags*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »

Hehe, sorry for hijacking this thread!  And grossing everyone out. ;D :P
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2008, 10:03:01 PM »

LOL so I keep on hijacking... but when we dissected the cats during my senior year, I had this little tube of lotion in my purse; I think it was Jergens or some brand like that... and every day after we finished dissecting, I would wash my hands and then put on that lotion cause they'd be all dry.  And after awhile, I started to associate the smell of that lotion with the smell of formaldehyde/dead cats.  I didn't use it all that often cause it was just in my purse, so I carried it around for months after that, and seriously, every time I put it on, I thought of dead cats.  I finally had to throw it away just because it grossed me out.  I don't think I've bought Jergens lotion since LOL.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »

Would it be sick and wrong to say I loved every second of dissecting animals? lol I loved dissecting the cat, that was so cool. I had my anatomy class right after lunch too lmao. The frog was cool too, so were the owl pellets, the piglet, the pig's heart... I almost went into medicine.

But I like dissecting the human psychosis better lol

Oh for those who dissected the cats, did your teachers have a preggy one he did along with the class too? That was the one sad thing, when he pulled out dead unborn kittens only like 2 weeks away from being born.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:56:55 PM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:08 PM »

Oh for those who dissected the cats, did your teachers have a preggy one he did along with the class too? That was the one sad thing, when he pulled out dead unborn kittens only like 2 weeks away from being born.

My teacher had the preggy cat.  It was horrible!  I almost went into medicine, too, so I kind of found it fun-but compeltely gross at the same time.  Now freakin way could I have done a grasshopper.  I freak out when I see a little one in my house.

And all the girls in my class would pull out their scented lotions and stuff trying to get rid of that formaldahyde smell on our hands (even the guys took some the first few days lmao) but instead of covering the smell, it just made it worse...like dead cat, formaldahyde and apples.  Yum.  *gags*
~Kelly~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:37 AM »

New rule is if you post more than two times in this thread you better write a challenge story for it!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

^^ I like that.  ;)

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2008, 06:37:35 PM »

And what happens if we don't write a challenge story after two posts? Hmmm???

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »

I feel a smiting coming on!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2008, 07:24:46 PM »

SMITE! SMITE! SMITE!

(I can sense a Mare with her smitey senses tingling heading this way lol)
Sarah
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10