Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Fanfic Favorites!  (Read 16597 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Fanfic Favorites!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:59 AM »

and lol don't get me started on Yesterday's Blue Skies. I could gush for HOURS!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »

Aww thanks for the love Rose :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

ange.to.the.la

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »

So, what are some of your all time  favorite BSB fanfics and what made them so special to you?
I am going to agree with whoever mentioned "Finding Brotherhood". That is a great story. I also really love Prevailing Fate, and Broken and By My Side. (I like the medical dramas.)

What are some of the stories you have written that you are the most proud of and why?
I actually haven't ever written anything. I think about it sometimes, but I don't know if I'd be very good, or have the determination to finish it.

Why do you find yourself writing about the Backstreet Boys and as your level of fandom has changed over the years, has it affected your writing of the boys?
I read about the Backstreet Boys because they're my favorite. (lol isn't that everyone's reason?) I read a lot of fiction, but sometimes it's fun to read about people or characters from shows you love, so fan fiction is a guilty pleasure of mine.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22:01 PM »

Thanks for the mention. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »

Aww thanks for the love Rose :)

*squishy hug*

You know i love that fic, that and The Apartment, also hilarious.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 06:11:50 AM »

So, what are some of your all time  favorite BSB fanfics and what made them so special to you?
Well, I've still got a hell of a lot to read, so please don't think I've missed any fab stories on purpose here.......... ..

Ray of Hope by kevmylove.  I love the way it's written, it's written in a way in which you can really get into the story and understand the characters and feel what they feel, it keeps you wanting more.  It's fantastic :)

Sinister Devotion by kevmylove.  Again, I love the way it's written, the suspense, the action and the characters, it's also something completely different.  I can picture the story as I'm reading and it makes me want to read more.

Ground Zero by Chaos.  Only noticed this one a few days ago and finished reading last night.  What can I say, it is a fantastic story.  It had me crying, sitting on the edge of my seat in fear and suspense.  The way it's written is really descriptive and I could actually mentally picture everything that happened.

My Mind's Eye by your_ill_july.  Why do I love this one?  Well, it's the way it's written, it's so wonderfully written and the story line is a good one, the idea of Nick being trapped in this unhappy marriage and being a controlled househusband is a real turnaround from the usual kind of situation you read.

Life According To Baylee.  I'm really enjoying it, never thought I'd actually read a story centred around Baylee, but this story is something else, it's well written and has everything in it, in the right amounts.  Still not caught up yet though, but getting there.

What are some of the stories you have written that you are the most proud of and why?
Some of mine are Patience (a Take That fanfic), Never Gone, If Tomorrow Never Comes and Rewind.  I'm proud of them because I hadn't written anything since leaving school and wasn't sure I could actually write anything decent, but I think they are OK.

Why do you find yourself writing about the Backstreet Boys and as your level of fandom has changed over the years, has it affected your writing of the boys?
I find myself writing about them because I love their music and them :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:07 AM »

Aw, thank you for the mention Steph  ;) I'm very happy you are enjoying my stories!

Searching For Mercy by Honey- It was a group story (although Kevin wasn't in it for too long *clears throat and gives Kelly the evil eye* J/K) It had just the right amount of detail, I was always anxious to find out what was happening next. The guys had pretty much the same personalities, but they lived totally different lives. Oh and it's full of twists...

The Thirteenth Step by Mare- From the first day I started reading this story, I was totally hooked. I was biting my nails, and even laughing out loud in the middle of the night. I was always anticipating updates and it was really well written.

Life According to Baylee- I love this story, because it's a clever storyline. I think it has a little of everything, it can make you feel sad, tear up, mad, and even have a good laugh with Baylee's adventures with his uncles and his best freinds. Another one I'm always anticipating updates from.

(I know I've read more, but these are the only ones I can think of right about now.)

Sinister Devotion, I went out of my usual genre and i'm trying something new. Which I think I'm doing ok with. I haven't mastered the action parts, but I hope to get better.

Ray of Hope, I think that it's really different from the other stories that I have written. I've put a lot of work into it, and I have lived through some of the events the protagonist goes through.

It comes easy to me, to use one of the guys as my main character in a story, as opposed to just making one up. I guess, because I've been a fan for so long they inspire me. I definately feel like my level of fandom has changed, I'm not the same, HUGE fan I was at some point, and at times I feel like I just want to quit fan fiction, but then...life would be pretty boring :drools: and I'd end up going  :crazy:

nicksz-wiifey

• Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »

Broken & By my side..

I LOVE those 2 stories. Absolutely amazing
Shoot for the moon,
even if you miss it ,
you'll land among the stars.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:40 AM »

Thank you! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FadedSouls

• Fledgling
  • iProcrastinate
    • Faded Souls
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 03:03:25 AM »

First one that stands out in my mind is Lucidity/Stupefied by Stacy, followed by Us Against the World of course. There are a lot of other great stories out there, like just about any of Mette's slash stories (never read her het stuff, but I hear it's amazing too). I lost my fic bookmarks a few years back and still haven't been able to find them all again.

Another great one is Complicate Me, by Kat B (I believe), which is AJ/Eminem and strangely enough it works!

Despite it being in need of the mother of all rewrites, I still love my first real BSB slash story, which is the Nick & Brian Saga (Our Wicked Ways and What We Are, and the yet unfinished sequel Flight of the Phoenix). Other than that, The Thiery Chronicles, my Nick vampire/AU series. It's taking me forever to write it, but I love this story and universe so much, I wish I could get everything in my head out on paper (screen)! And lastly, The Truth Beneath the Rose, my Bittybang (lj challenge) story, where I proved to myself I could write 20k words in three months. It's AU again, and it's an AU I feel there will be more stories placed in, and I really want to develop the characters a whole lot more!

Not really, although there are less slash writes now it seems. And it's less about BSB slash writes are popslash writes, so a whole new fandom has opened up in a way. But in general, my love for the boys and the main fandom people around me haven't changed much these past few years, and if anything, I've met new people and made new friends. And the amazing slash never ends! ;)

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »

I have a lot of favorites. My first is the AJ and Tesia series Lenni wrote. My fav of that series in "Why Da SKy Boo?" Its so cute!

My other favorites include:
Ray of Hope and Sinister Devotion. They are both so well written and detailed. But I'm still waiting to see what happens in Ray of Hope. *hint hint*

My newest favorites are Looking for a Love Story and Once in a Blue Moon. Summer does an incredible job with description and they are both beautifully written.

I'm most proud of Plus Size and Plus Size Part 2 as they were the first stories I ever wrote. When I posted the first chapter of Plus Size I was shocked and excited about the feedback I had received and continued to as I posted. I'm very proud of my lastest work, Mistakes Made .. Lessons Learned. I've really enjoyed writing this story and I love the reviews I've been receiving. Lastly the short story Understand, which was inspired by one of my favorite Christina Aguilera's Songs.

I write about the boys because I've always enjoyed reading fanfiction for years and I've always had ideas swirling around in my head. So one day I decided what the hell, Let's see what happens when I post something. It hasn't affected my fandom. My age has. I still love them and listen to the music but I'm not as obsessed as I used to be. I guess you could say I've mellowed out. But I love writing and reading. I never was much of a writer in school, so to have people tell me they like what I've written means a lot to me.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »

I have a lot of favorites. My first is the AJ and Tesia series Lenni wrote. My fav of that series in "Why Da SKy Boo?" Its so cute!

My other favorites include:
Ray of Hope and Sinister Devotion. They are both so well written and detailed. But I'm still waiting to see what happens in Ray of Hope. *hint hint*

My newest favorites are Looking for a Love Story and Once in a Blue Moon. Summer does an incredible job with description and they are both beautifully written.

I'm most proud of Plus Size and Plus Size Part 2 as they were the first stories I ever wrote. When I posted the first chapter of Plus Size I was shocked and excited about the feedback I had received and continued to as I posted. I'm very proud of my lastest work, Mistakes Made .. Lessons Learned. I've really enjoyed writing this story and I love the reviews I've been receiving. Lastly the short story Understand, which was inspired by one of my favorite Christina Aguilera's Songs.

I write about the boys because I've always enjoyed reading fanfiction for years and I've always had ideas swirling around in my head. So one day I decided what the hell, Let's see what happens when I post something. It hasn't affected my fandom. My age has. I still love them and listen to the music but I'm not as obsessed as I used to be. I guess you could say I've mellowed out. But I love writing and reading. I never was much of a writer in school, so to have people tell me they like what I've written means a lot to me.

Hahahaha!! I get the hint, I promise I'm working on it and Jacklex right now!!! lol! ;)

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 08:15:47 PM »

Hahahaha!! I get the hint, I promise I'm working on it and Jacklex right now!!! lol! ;)

:D

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 12:51:11 AM »

So, what are some of your all time  favorite BSB fan fics and what made them so special to you?

Time by Amanda. It was on bsbblvd.com years ago & by some small miracle, someone finally found it for me again. :) I just loved it, because it was a song fic & I could totally see it happening, & it made my heart wrench. :)

The Importance of Fly Fishing by Mare. I just love, love, LOVE this stories to pieces! [I'm sure the world knows this by now, as I've said it enough-lol] I love it because it seems so real, & so, I don't know, casual or something. It just - it makes me picture it all perfectly, & it jerks at my heart-strings, yet makes me laugh all at the same time. :)

The Day I Fall by Honey. I love it! This one seems super real too, & I totally feel for Nick! :) I just - totally LOVE it!!!!!!!

Um....
Left Behind - I love this story, because I thought up an amazing plot-line for Hannah Montana & get to play with it all I want, since it's all mine. The fic idea, not the show - lol. God, I wish I owned the show - I could totally afford Disneyland then! Anyways, back on topic, I am also proud of this fic, because I write Jackson different than how he's portrayed in the show - I don't make him the dirty, bumbling idiot they make him out to be. I make him smart, & decent, insightful, & always ready to help his sisters [Riley at least] out whenever they need him to help.

A Forgotten Nightmare - I love this fic, because of how Daydream & I wrote it. To me, it's just a beautiful piece of TMNT fiction. Though, I am biased, since I co-wrote it & all - lol. But, I also am proud because we actually finished this one! We've so many fics on the go, & this is the only  finished piece. We haven't even finished the prequel or started the sequel to this fic - lol.

No Matter What - I'm proud of this story, because ForeverRebel & I have stuck with it, no matter what, just like the title says. No matter if we'd writer's block, or no one was reviewing, or whatever - we still stuck with it, & we're so close to the finish, we can smell it! Er - see it. I can't smell - lol. :) 

I find I write them better now. I don't take fifty zillion cracks at Nick just for a laugh [though, I still manage to put a few in there - it's like breathing, I swear!] & my writing is so much better than what it used to be. :) And these days, I try to come up with something creative, & hopefully never been done. If it's been done already, well, maybe I can hopefully give it a different vibe or twist or whatever then - lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 02:14:54 AM »

Really, Lenni? I didn't know that. Thanks though, I'm glad you like that one, I'm just surprised. Of all the fic of mine you've reviewed I didn't even realize you'd read The Day I Fall. Not many have. Nice to know it has a fan. (And makes me fell bad for never updating it.)  Thanks Lenni, that's sweet of you!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6