Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Fanfic Favorites!  (Read 16594 times)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Fanfic Favorites!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 12:40:48 PM »

So, what are some of your all time  favorite BSB fanfics and what made them so special to you?

Geez, there are SOOO many!!! Hmmm...

Well, I am completely in love with Sinister Devotion. It an amazing storyline, and totally diferent than any other fan fic romance that I have read. I mean come on...how many romances have you read, where the guy falls in love with the girl, because he was hired to kill her, but didn't know she was the one he was supposed to kill...therefo re getting himself (and others) into majorly deep doo, because he broke one of the main rules about being an assasin? *sigh* Good story...gooooo ooood story!

What are some of the stories you have written that you are the most proud of and why?

Erm...Life According to Baylee (LATB). This is, by far, the most complicated story I have written and it actually seems to be turning out ok. I'm proud, of it, because it's sort of an original storyline and also because of it's complexity. (There is so much going on that I lose track, sometimes, which is odd because my readers always seem to know what's going on, LOL.) I have also, somehow (no clue how), been able to halfway descently, create and support a seperate sub-story, within the main story, too - Brian's journal. The main plot is about Baylee dealing, with living under Nick's care, but, just like real life, there are so many other things going on, at the same time, that affect the relationship between them. It's sorta like an on-going daytime soap. LOL.

Why do you find yourself writing about the Backstreet Boys and as your level of fandom has changed over the years, has it affected your writing of the boys?

I write about the Boys, just because I get a kick out of it. Being able to take them and twist their personalities, is so much fun! LOL. Um...as far as my fandom changing how I write...I guess a little. I mean, like someone else said...I'm not the same obsessed teen, with their posters covering my walls...I used to just write little stories with my friends and it was always the same thing...I ended up with AJ and they ended up with the Boy of their choice. Now, I'm not as much of a romance writer. I'm more into drama. *shrug*

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »

So, what are some of your all time  favorite BSB fanfics and what made them so special to you?

"Anywhere For You" was the first BSB fan fic I ever read.  Actually, I didn't know fan fiction existed until I found that site and that story.  I'm sure I'd find flaws in it now, but my 14 year old self loved every word, that's my favorite BSB song, and it'll always be special for being the story that pulled me into the BSB FF world.

Also a story called "The Answer To Our Life."  This story was never finished (which killed me, because it stopped right at a crucial point in the story) and is nowhere to be found now... But I love the way Brian was portrayed.  His characteristic s seemed so realistic and the writing was great.  Also, the storyline sucked me in.

What are some of the stories you have written that you are the most proud of and why?

"As Time Goes" was my first longer BSB fan fiction story.  I wrote it in high school, so there are typos and numerous flaws.  But it had my friends and I as characters (leading ladies for the BSB, of course. Ha), and the ones who are in it all read it.  I love it for the memories, and whenever I re-read it, the story always makes me smile. 

More recently, I'm proud of "As Long As You Love Me," whichnI started writing it years ago with a different name.  I pulled out the notebook last year, typed and edited what I had, and got a cute story out of it.  It's what got me back into writing fan fiction writing again, since I didn't have the time in college.

And then I'm currently writing "The Frack and Frick Switch."  It's the first story that I've written as mainly a comedy genre; it's a nice challenge, and I'm just having a lot of fun with it. 

Why do you find yourself writing about the Backstreet Boys and as your level of fandom has changed over the years, has it affected your writing of the boys?

I can't picture myself writing any other kind of fan fiction besides BSB.  They are my favorite group, and I first started writing it to get used to having an audience.  I was completely shy about sharing any of my stories with anyone I knew.  I started writing the BSB ones, and it was less intimidating to have... random people over the internet read my work, if that makes sense. 

As for my fandom, it's matured over the years, but it's also only grown.  I"ve been listening to their music for half my life, and the Boys, the fans, and Backstreet Land in general have become a huge part of my life.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »

Really, Lenni? I didn't know that. Thanks though, I'm glad you like that one, I'm just surprised. Of all the fic of mine you've reviewed I didn't even realize you'd read The Day I Fall. Not many have. Nice to know it has a fan. (And makes me fell bad for never updating it.)  Thanks Lenni, that's sweet of you!

Been reading it all along - even before you began the re-write! I remember how the first version was in the girl's point of view, & then you went back & decided to write it all in Nick's instead or something. :) I read pretty much all your stories! :) Sometimes, I just forget to review or can't remember if I have already or not - lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

summer03

• Captain of Commotion
  • hmmm....
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »

Hello I thought i would give my input :)

Well I have so many but I will my top four:

1: You'll never walk alone by Rokofages75 I remember I began to read this one and I couldn't stop till I finished so it instantly became a fave of mine.

2: Plus Size by Sapphire I just loved the new perspective on the type of girl AJ fell for in this story.

3: Little velvet box by Rokofages75 I just got shocked by its ending and to think I was mad at AJ at first till I read the ending.

4:Looking for a love story by summer I love the detail in this story and I can actually picture it happening as I read it...its good.

Ok on this one I have to say I am most proud of:

1: My Mona Lisa because I really put my heart into that one not that I don't in the others but...I think I just really put so much into this one.

2: My Muse because I wanted it to be different and I think I actually accomplished that.

3: Seduction because I ventured out of only using AJ as my main character and I'm liking it so far.

and finally

5: Summer Romance because it's my first AU and I am having fun writing it because its different to all my other work.

I began reading only and I enjoyed so many of the FF I read that I just had to try it. I really didn't like the whole posting it so other people could read it but now I like it and my writing hasn't really had any changes because I barely started so...maybe in a few years it will.  :)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:52:45 PM by summer03 »
"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." Vincent Van Gogh

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 12:05:59 AM »

I have a lot of favorites. My first is the AJ and Tesia series Lenni wrote. My fave of that series in "Why Da Sky Boo?" Its so cute!

Dude! I just caught this! I didn't think anyone even remembered my fics anymore, since I haven't updated anything in forever-lol. This totally just made my night!!!! And I swear, there IS more to that series, I just hafta figure it all out & write it yet. Oye vey.  :crazy: Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 04:23:27 AM »

There are far too many to name so I will go with the one I remember the best,

Chances Are by Karah - I used to go on my confession all the time (I remembered she recently resurrected it hehe!) But this was one of my favorites just because it took the concept of online dating and kismet and all that fun stuff. It was interesting like You've Got Mail between a bsb'er and a country singer.

I don't know if I'm most proud of any story I've written. The series (that I need to finish) is so complex and wasn't when I first started writing it and then evolved into this monster lol that has ten chapters left. If I really had to choose I would probably choose Will You Be.... Because, it's different than most stories I've written. I could have chosen any of the boys to use as the main character, but I thought with all the massive amounts of Nick fics out there he seems to be pigeonholed into certain scenarios and personality flaws. And with WYB I wanted and older, maturer, experienced character who was gentler and kinder than alot of people paint him as.

I think my fan level has tapered off quite a bit, (hence the lack of updates I'm sure). I find myself wanting to write them as people than as the celebrity but with that side woven in marginally as well. I still read my old chapters to get caught up and sometimes cringe at the horrible writing. I've definitely grown as a writer. Grown into what exactly I do not know lol. (Probably am still horrendous but I am at least okay with that). And if Darby gets her wishes she can kick my ass into updating more often so I can finish the unfinished stories I have up. Which I would love to finish them it's finding time and inspiration that's hard.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 09:27:47 AM »

I do usually get what I want!  Welcome back!

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »

I know you do, it's because you're a persistent lil thing! lol.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »

I have been waitin a freakin long time for that series to finsh...lol.. it made me cry when I read it...I was like "OMG"....."aww'...." dude Aj's is an ass" lol but ya just my little input :p

Dude! I just caught this! I didn't think anyone even remembered my fics anymore, since I haven't updated anything in forever-lol. This totally just made my night!!!! And I swear, there IS more to that series, I just hafta figure it all out & write it yet. Oye vey.  :crazy: Lol.

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 07:41:44 PM »

I'm bumping this thread up since we have so many new people who can contribute to the converstion! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
    • Dragon Age: Into The Fire
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 08:58:19 AM »

First I have to say Teri...You avy rocks!!! All Hail puppet Angel.. I just watched Smile Time last night.  Hubby loves the Episode too. All night he kept yelling from the kitchen.."You're a bloody puppet!"  "They're looking at the wee pupper man!" lol

ok on subject!

There's really just one.  And Then What by Chandrah.  It has been around for a while but I just read it a month ago. I'm so glad I did to because the site Speaking In Tongue is offline now.  It was an amazing AJ story.  The portrayal of him at that time (I'm assuming) was pretty spot on.  The Characters were great. I hated that poor Professor that Shy fell for in the beginning.  I think he's name was David? no I can't remember. lol Anyways I hated him from the very get go.  The way she wrote him he just kind of pissed you off. lol

I have two.  TGC/Aurona.   I'm proud of them because those stories have turned a lot of NON AU readers into TGC/Aurona readers.  I play WOW lots of WOW. lol I love middle Earth and anything that's related to that.  So writing a story about Magic and Backstreet has been so much fun. 

I write about the boys because it's what I know.  Maybe some day I'll write a real story, make real character oulines and all that but right now.  I just want to write when I have the time so, making up one Character or two is cool because I have 5 guys where the characters are basically laid out for everyone.

My Fandom has, I wasn't around the fandom much between the end of B&B and Nevergone, and I really didn't jump back into the Fandom until just before Unbreakable.  So when I realized Fan Fics were still around and realized people my age were still writing them it made me excited.  I knew stories would have gotten so much better (not that they weren't before The AJ short Story End Of The Road, still hits me to this day) and they have.  Plus...the sex is way better now :)
The writer formally known as ScoobieGang. :D

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 01:04:35 AM »

Ok I've taken awhile to answer this because I had some thinking to do. One thing you'll notice is a lot of Mare's stories...I pretty much love all of them but listed my favorites. If any of you readers haven't read her stories, read them! I have so many favorite stories but I had to narrow them down so here you go.

And Then What by Chandrah-This story isn't on AC but I have a link for anyone interested. It's not really my type of story that I would look for but it's so well written. It is almost all AJ and a female lead but not a Mary Sue or anything. It's written in both perspectives and is post rehab about him struggling to get back into the real world.This story had me awake for about a week straight.

Why I'd Do It All Again by Mare-About the guys reuniting for Never Gone. I love how she adds in some things that really happened around that time and puts them in the story (such as the whole Paris cake fiasco with the ET cameras). lol. This story is so well written and had me cracking up.

Song for The Undead by Rose and Julie-I took note of this story and it's catchy banner when I kept seeing the updates but for some reason, never checked it out. I didn't think it was my thing. Since I'm a fan of both their writing I decided to give it a try and I was (and still am) HOOKED. I lost a lot of sleep and was so depressed when I couldn't click "Next" anymore. LOL. This story is amazing. Seems really well thought out and planned and has amazing character development.

Incomplete (and Empty Spaces) by rebellious_one-What can I say, I'm a fan of the bus crash genre and I love Reb's writing. Full of suspense and love the action.

It Stays With You by Mare-Another story full of suspense...rig ht up my alley. I love the mix between the "flashbacks" and real life and the confusion about what is real. Ok, hope that makes sense. LOL

Something Beautiful by Pengi-This story is well...just amazing. So well written and beautiful. Get the kleenex ready if you're gonna check it out!

Snapshots by Jennifer-This one is on the Backstreet Bauhaus Classic Archive. Written from each guys' perspectives when something happens to Nick after a show one night. It's awesome.

To Protect and Serve (and it's sequels) by Mare-These stories were the first AU ones that I've read. I remember when Reb explained to me what AU was I was thinking, "Well, that's odd...why wouldn't they be the BSB in the stories?" lol. Well, I gave this story a try and I LOVED it.

So yeah, I told ya'll this was my short list, right? If you haven't checked these out, you should. And there's more where these came form.  :D

"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »

You recommended some great stories Sel :)

(My answers have totally changed in the past year LOL...that's kinda funny).

Thank you SO much for all your praise for Undead! I mean seriously, it surprises me all the time. Cause really, while I feel it's good...zombies aren't for everyone. So hearing compliments and praise and stuff for that story makes me feel really happy. :) So thank you.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 07:55:34 AM »

Wow Sel Thanks so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed Protect and Serve and that it was your first AU and lol I thought the same way when it came to AUs.

Thanks for the Why and It Stays mentions as well.  You are making me feel all special and  warn and fuzzy. You rock! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 08:58:50 AM »

and the warm & fuzzy continues!  :-*
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6