Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for June 2009 - Sinister Devotion by Kevmylove  (Read 9851 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

Yay, well done Erika, so glad Sinister Devotion is the featured story, you know how much I love it!!

I'll be back when I can think of some questions, at the moment my mind is mush, lol.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Ok Erika...

What was the hardest part, of writing this story?

What is your absolute favorite scene?

Which is your least favorite scene?

Would you like to tell everyone why you are re-writing the story?  ;)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Yay, well done Erika, so glad Sinister Devotion is the featured story, you know how much I love it!!

I'll be back when I can think of some questions, at the moment my mind is mush, lol.

Thank you Steph, I'm so glad you loved it.  ; ;)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Ok Erika...

What was the hardest part, of writing this story?

What is your absolute favorite scene?

Which is your least favorite scene?

Would you like to tell everyone why you are re-writing the story?  ;)

Hey there, first of all, thanks for the questions. *sigh*

The hardest part was, trying to keep the story in order and making sense. Especially since I didn't have an outline.

My fave scene...I think it's a tie, between, Crystal helping him take a bath or Jack making Crystal run out of the house half dressed and hop on a motorcycle.

My least fave scene...hum... maybe when he gets hot and heavy with Crystal and leaves her hanging. lol!! He's so mean.

Oh you just had to bring that up. Um...well I'm rewriting Jack, because I'm turning it into original fiction. Because I've been promised by my old boss (who works at a credit union for the entertainment business) that she and a friend who's a writer/director, will take the time to read it and let me know what can be done. I'm excited about it, but I know she's a busy lady, so I'll believe it, when she actually calls me to tell me, what she thinks. I'm not the type to get butt hurt with constructive criticism, but I don't want them to think it sucks either. lmao!! We will see what happens.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Soooo...if SD becomes a movie, the whole AC gang will get invited to the premiere, right?  :D

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

OMG!! I'm laughing, wouldn't that be nice. I doubt I'm that lucky. BUT, in case, of course!!! ;)

By the way how are you today?

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Alright, let's see if I can throw out some more questions here...

Where did you pull your inspiration, throughout writing this story?

Jack is a pretty deep character, with a lot of inner struggles...ho w did you create those inner struggles? Was there anything that helped you mold his conflicting personality?

Did you find it hard to work with his character and balance all of his issues?

How much, if any, research did you do, for this story?

Alright, that's all I've got, for now. LOL.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Why do YOU think that your readers are so drawn, to Jack (judging from conversations, or reviews)?

Is there a specific character that your readers don't seem to care for? Why?

How do you feel about this story, in comparison to other stories you have written?

Was this story in or out, of your comfort zone? Explain.

Aaaaaaand that's all for now!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

...and where is Oprah Mare?

Ooops...I'm kinda taking over her job...I hope that doesn't earn me a smiting! LOL

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Here is the answers to your first batch of questions Kristal...is it funny that you know this story better than anyone, and your the one asking questions. lmao!!

Where did you pull your inspiration, throughout writing this story? I got a lot of inspiration, by talking to you about all my ideas, you rooting me on and helping me develop them. Another inspiration were all the reviews I was getting, finding out different people were actually reading, and seeing that people were into Jack’s life. It really made me want to keep writing, cause I knew someone else was interested in him. Plus I’ve been watching a bunch of action movies, I’m addicted to them.

Jack is a pretty deep character, with a lot of inner struggles...ho w did you create those inner struggles? Was there anything that helped you mold his conflicting personality? Ok hun…I really have to think of this one, cause I wrote three different answers, and I didn’t like them. I CAN tell you, that in some part of my mind I was thinking of how AJ has struggled with being a rebel, and being the good guy he is. Well I think that is how Jack is…Ever since his parents died, there hasn’t been any good or positive influence in his life. He’s learned that what he does, is a job and people don’t matter. But deep down, he always had the good in him.

Did you find it hard to work with his character and balance all of his issues? Not at all…I was so into making Jack, that it came so easy. I think, because real AJ and Jack have so much in common. They both struggle bad inner demons, but are really good. Which crystal brought out in Jack.

How much, if any, research did you do, for this story? I actually did more research on this story, than I ever did on any other one. How long does it take for a wound to heal…how does it feel to be shot…how to break a neck…Greenville…How do fractions work…little dumb things, that I wanted to know exact specifics about. LOL!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

...and where is Oprah Mare?

Ooops...I'm kinda taking over her job...I hope that doesn't earn me a smiting! LOL

Yeah, you're asking all the questions I would usually ask.

Although I do have a quesiton. What made you decide on using AJ as the hitman and Kevin as the target?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Why do YOU think that your readers are so drawn, to Jack (judging from conversations, or reviews)? I think they are drawn to seeing Jack(AJ) kicking some ass, being so mean, yet having a soft spot at the same time. Plus he sounds sexy. So i've heard. lol!

Is there a specific character that your readers don't seem to care for? Why? I have gotten a couple of reviews that say they don't like Crystal. Cause she sounds whiney, but then again, the poor girl has to deal with Jack, who can be a real ass.

How do you feel about this story, in comparison to other stories you have written? I love it! Because I went out of my comfort zone and tried something new. Although not everyone likes it, there a nice number of readers that do. I was also surprised to get compliments from people I didn't even think would read it. Plus I've always wanted to know what it would be like to be a guy, and I go to know it through creating Jack. LMAO!

Was this story in or out, of your comfort zone? Very out of the comfort zone, I usually write romance stuff..lol! I had to look up stuff, talk to you a lot to make sure I made sense. But I had a lot of fun writing it.

I hope those were good answers. lol!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

What made you decide on using AJ as the hitman and Kevin as the target?

I picked AJ, because he seems to be the badass of the group, the rebel, and I can totally picture him as an assassin. Yet, I know that AJ is a softie and he is nice and caring...

I chose Kevin, because he has the younger child, and that sparks a problem for Jack. There is another reason, but that would be a major spoiler.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I know you are already working on a sequel (Although I could be wrong?) have you ever thought about making a prequel? And if not, if you could only pick one of these characters to stretch into a story of their own with the exception of Jack/AJ, which would you choose and why?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

I know you are already working on a sequel (Although I could be wrong?) have you ever thought about making a prequel? And if not, if you could only pick one of these characters to stretch into a story of their own with the exception of Jack/AJ, which would you choose and why?

Yes I am working on a sequal, which I'm slightly stuck on. lol!! You know, I think someone asked me that question before, and I haven't really given it thought. But in a way, that could be a good idea to write a prequal, so the readers could understand Jack's life, better. As for picking another character to stretch into a story hum...maybe not, none of the other characters have much of a role. Thanks for the questions Mare!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4