Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for June 2009 - Sinister Devotion by Kevmylove  (Read 9851 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Well, it's now June already and time for a new story. This month is the ever popular Sinister Devotion by Erika. This one is a favorite among many of you so I hope to see a nice discussion going on this month.

Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9374&warning=4

Don't forget to post any questions or comments to Erika in this thread and hopefully she'll be here to answer them for you!

Enjoy! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

HOLY!!! What a time for Erika to be without internet!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

Congrats Erika!  Hope you get your net working soon!  I've seen you on Twitter, so I know you at least have access somewhere... that's good!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

It figures lol How long will she be without internet Kristal, do you have any idea?

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

She's been using her hubby's phone to get onto twitter...I don't know if she can get onto here, too. BUT, it looks like she may be getting her net back later this week! :)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats lady!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

OKay, good. lol

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

I'm here *waves*  ??? Oh wow!! I heard about it, but now that I see it on my computer screen, it's so much more exciting. *Squee* It was my luck, right when I get featured, my internet gets cut off, ain't that some bull. I got it back today, though. Yay!!

Uh...believe it or not I'm still in shock, so I'm not sure what to say. Thank you guys!!! I'm looking over the questions right now and will post them tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you Julie and Darby for the congrats...  ;D ;D ;D I'm excited to answer questions!!!

By the way...this has really lifted my spirits!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Hi again.

I finally got these questions done, lordy, I’m so bad when on the spot. So I apologize if I sound like a dufus, in some of my answers.

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? It would be, that instead of an assassin, I had thought about having AJ be a vampire or some kind of clone of himself, in this story. lol!!

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? Um…let’s see. I’m going to say about five months, because I did think about it for a couple of weeks, before actually writing it. It was a story, that played in my head like a movie, from start to finish.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.  Jack (AJ) is a professional hitman, who ends up somewhere in Kentucky on a mission to kill Kevin and his first born. Once there he meets Crystal, and because of her encounters many obstacles before even getting to Kevin. Jack has never really been around people enough, to go through the emotions that a person goes through or to stop and think of what exactly he does for a living or how it affects others and himself. That he doesn’t even realize when, or how he falls in love with her. Suddenly, all hell breaks loose, people start dying, and he has no idea who is doing it. Well now, all he can worry about is keeping her alive, when in reality, he just might be the one, she has to be afraid of. 

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why? It’s funny you ask, I had a dream that I was asked this question. I would love AJ to play it, but in the case that he couldn’t, I‘d have (Don’t laugh, cause if AJ can’t, then this guy most certainly can‘t either) have Johnny Depp play Jack (haha he has played a Jack before) I just think he’s an amazing actor and can play any role. (He IS playing a mafia dude) As for Crystal, I was thinking someone sweet, yet spunky and with attitude…I’m still debating on this one, but for now I would say Evan Rachel Wood. She looks so innocent, but did go out with Marilyn Manson.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? I guess, I would be lying if I said, I didn’t want to give up on it. There were times, that I was sooo stuck, without being able to get what was in my head into my screen, that I did feel like just putting it on the backburner. But when I would read the reviews and find out that people were reading it, it made me want to continue. It motivated me, along with Kristal’s help.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol) I kinda suck at this part, but I'm definately not a Tonja. I don’t really have a process. I just saw the scenes in my head, talked to Kristal about them, and then started writing them out. I tend to go with the flow, from chapter to chapter. That is also why, I’m currently rereading and editing it all over again.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? Jack of course, because he’s so conflicted between, living his life the way he always has, with no emotions or attachments to anything, but a car a and believing he's a monster. Or realizing that he can actually experience emotions, that he can love someone and that he's just as human.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? I didn’t have that many characters in this story, to have a least favorite, so I’m gonna say none of them. I find Crystal just as conflicted, cause she falls for a heartless man.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? Yes, all the boys play a small role in the story. Really…really…small ones. I didn’t find a reason to really develop them, since they were going to…(Oh I’m not supposed to give too much) lol

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
I guess, I’m going to base my decision on the ‘out of the norm plot’ it would have to be “On Nightingale Hill” by FiliKlepto. I think it’s a really good story, I love the detail (it’s not overboard), the concept is something new to me, and it’s just really well written. It pulled me right into that fantasy world. Plus I love Nick in it. LOL!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Glad to see you on here Erika. It's happened a few times when i've picked someone to feature only to find out their computer decided to blow up on them that month lol

I have my very first question for you. You said Aj's name is Jack in this one. Is that just an alias or is he never 'AJ' at all and if he's not, what made you decide to make this a BSB fanfic and not just an original fiction?

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

YAY...Erika has her net back!

Hmm...I've been trying to think of questions, but I can't. Since I was a fairly big part of the brainstorming process, I don't think there is anything that I don't know about this story. *snickers*

Ok, ok...so here's a question, Erika. IS there anything I don't know, about this story?   :-\

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Glad to see you on here Erika. It's happened a few times when i've picked someone to feature only to find out their computer decided to blow up on them that month lol

I have my very first question for you. You said Aj's name is Jack in this one. Is that just an alias or is he never 'AJ' at all and if he's not, what made you decide to make this a BSB fanfic and not just an original fiction?

Haha! Yeah, I noticed that. I'm really glad I got my internet back, just in time. lol!!

As for your question. Yes, Jack is just an alias that he was given, by Don, who saved him and is also his boss at the time. Later on, he definately finds out he's AJ.  ;)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

YAY...Erika has her net back!

Hmm...I've been trying to think of questions, but I can't. Since I was a fairly big part of the brainstorming process, I don't think there is anything that I don't know about this story. *snickers*

Ok, ok...so here's a question, Erika. IS there anything I don't know, about this story?   :-\

Yeah I'm excited about my net being back up, although i think I should start focusing on other things. lol!! Better said, than done.

Very funny, I don't think there is anyhing you DON'T know about this story. You know and knew it all...well except that I'm rewriting it, and the ending might be different. Did you know that?? lol

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Yes...you told me that it might be ending differently. You told me you might be using the ending you had thought of using before, and then you were surprised that I couldn't remember which one you were talking about, LOL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4