Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for June 2009 - Sinister Devotion by Kevmylove  (Read 9849 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Aww, Congrats Erika! You know I'm already an advocate for this one. Your writing has just improved so much. Sorry I've been really MIA lately, but better lat than never, eh?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

;D Thank you so much Kelly. Yeah I've noticed you haven't been on...but I also remembered that you were moving. How is that going??

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

If you could change any part of the story, which part would you change and why?

If it was made into a movie, which actors would you like to see play the parts?

And yes, I'd like an invite to the premiere too :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Yay Steph!!! Well let's see if I could change something about this story...I think I would change the ending. I had an other ending in mind, but it was a sad one and I wouldn't have been able to make a sequal. LOL!

If this was turned into a movie I would have to say Johnny Depp as Jack and Evan Rachel Wood or Scarlett Johannsen as Crystal. I think, I'm still trying to think of others.

Of course all my AC buddies would be invited!! I wish that would happen!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

Great choice of actors, I can totally imagine Johnny Depp as Jack and Scarlet as Crystal :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Hahaha right!! But just getting Johnny on set would cost me my whole budget and more. LMAO! I can dream though. Thanks Steph for the questions.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

Another question from me!

OK, so I've read most of your other stories which were all mostly romance, what made you decide to write something different?

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Good question Steph. You know what, I'm not sure really.watchin g all those action movies, I guess...then I asked myself which guy would fit the kicking ass profile...I came up with AJ. Hahahah!! Thanks Step!

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
I guess, I’m going to base my decision on the ‘out of the norm plot’ it would have to be “On Nightingale Hill” by FiliKlepto. I think it’s a really good story, I love the detail (it’s not overboard), the concept is something new to me, and it’s just really well written. It pulled me right into that fantasy world. Plus I love Nick in it. LOL!

ERIKA!   :o  Oh my gosh, you flatter me too much.  *blushes*  I've added your fic to my reading list, the summary sounds pretty riveting.  Congrats on being featured!~

I will come bug you with some questions as soon as I finish reading it. =]
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Wow, this month has gone by fast. Slow down summer!

Any other questions for Erika?

Erika why don't you tell anyone who hasn't read this yet, maybe they aren't AU fans or AJ fans etc... why they should give it a chance. Anyone can answer this I guess?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Here's my take, on that question...

First of all, AJ's character (mostly known as Jack, until near the end) is a complex character, that you really feel for...it's not some flat, 2D character that you just read off a page...he really comes alive and you can't help but feel his emotions. You're instantly addicted to Jack!

The story itself is an awesome concept, and she was really able to pull it off and make it work. It keeps you on your toes and makes you want to look over your shoulder, just in case. There are so many unexpected twists and turns, that you're constantly wondering what the hell could possibly come next. Trust me...you'll never be bored!

The emotional rollar coaster, that she puts Jack on, is another good reason to read the story. She takes him from a cold hearted assassin who doesn't love or care about anyone...who doesn't feel any emotions whatsoever...a nd over time she has Crystal's character slowly awaken these emotions, within him. I don't think Erika could have better portrayed the overwhelming frustrations that he struggled with. His emotions come alive and your heart goes out to him....you want to take this assassin into your arms and tell him everything's ok. The emotions that Erika weaved into the story are so realistic, that you sometimes forget it's just a story.

The most important thing is that people don't let him being an assassin detour them from giving it a chance...sure there is fighting and some killing...but that's not what the whole story is about. It's about a man who has litterally had NOTHING, learning to love, through the most unusual circumstances. He fights it and tries to deny it, but it truely changes him...in ways he can't even understand.

If you're willing to take a chance and throw yourself into Jack's world, you'll be surprised at how much it really sucks you in and how much you end up feeling for Jack.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Very nicely said Kristal. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Aw Christine...it s only the truth.The first day I started reading, I couldn't stop...I was like this is the last chapter...and then I'd be left wondering and I had to keep going. Which I have to catch up on.
Oh wow your gonna read SD... I'm hoping you like it! 

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Hey Mare, you are definately right, the summer needs to slow down. I can't believe this month is almost done.

So I was going to answer your question and then I read Kristal's reponse...and I don't think I could say it any better. Thanks Mare for the questions.

Wow Kristal that was *blink* a very intense way to put it. Thank you Kris...for all your help and that nice long reason to check out SD.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

I agree with Kristal!  When I started reading it, I was instantly hooked.  The way they story and characters are written, it was like I really got to know them and feel what they were feeling, like I was there with them.  I can't recommend it enough :)  Also Jack/Alex is so god damned hot and sexy, I fell for him completely and I'm usually more of a Nick/Kevin lover!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4