Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for April 2007 - Under My Skin by Mellz Bellz

<< < (8/12) > >>

mare:

--- Quote from: honey on April 09, 2007, 11:38:50 PM ---OK, I have to say that you should not be turned off by the fact that romance is one of the genres listed in the summary. THis is (so far) an absolutely wonderful story. Like I was trying to say to Mel earlier, I love it because she is telling a love story and yet she's not. This story is really the story about what happens after the love story. The sappy romantic cheesy crap that I love to write so much where you get to the end and they FINALLY get together... that's where her story sort of begins. It explores relationships and all the different sides to them. There is a lot of pain and angst in the relationship that has gone sooo wrong and she does a remarkable job at making you see both sides to the arguement. As I read it (and not fast enough) I have really been pulled in different directions and honestly cannot take a side. THey are both right and both wrong. I love the internal conflict and Mel has done it in a way that makes you love both the main characters and want the best for both of them even if you don't know what that is. I love that because I don't hate either of the characters which happens a lot in stoies about break ups. I think it's hard to make them not totally one-sided.  Well done Mel!!!

hope that made at least a little sense. I guess my point is, read the story cause it's really really good! 

--- End quote ---

Aww, you'd make a really great promo agent! You should hire her Mel! :D

MellzBellz:

--- Quote from: mare on April 10, 2007, 07:52:33 PM ---Good answers Mel. Glads to hear your friend won her battle with cancer too. That's a great thing!

Here's another question :)

if you could change one thing about your story, what if anything would it be?

--- End quote ---

Definitely the whole beginning... I think you can tell by reading it that I was unsure of where exactly I was going with it. Nick isn't even introduced in the present time until Chapter 7! (He is shown in flashbacks before this though.) I just think it drags a little too much there. After that point it really picks up but I think a lot of readers might give up on it.

Haha and yea I should hire Kelly as my press agent lol Or my self-esteem coach LOL

honey:
yeah, I would make a good guru I think...   -lol. I only praise the praiseworthy stories   ;D

mare:
Okay here's another question for you:

Have you ever changed your mind about a scene or a chapter in this story AFTER you have already posted it? And if so, did you leave it as is or change it?

MellzBellz:

--- Quote from: mare on April 15, 2007, 11:58:05 AM ---Okay here's another question for you:

Have you ever changed your mind about a scene or a chapter in this story AFTER you have already posted it? And if so, did you leave it as is or change it?

--- End quote ---

Ehh not really... I mean there have been little details I wish I'd thought of earlier or improvements, but not to the point where I'd go back to change anything. I don't like doing that because I'm afraid it might confuse readers. I like to just concentrate on the progressing chapters. I don't like going backwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version