Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Proving Them Wrong  (Read 18767 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Proving Them Wrong
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »

Well...I thought I'd hop aboard, too!

Then Again is the sequel to my very first fanfic (Second Chances), so you'd have to get through the horror of the first one to get to the much better sequel. Anyway, I just updated it and it's already been shoved to the bottom of the page LOL so I thought I'd make a thread for it!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8059

Proving Them Wrong is my longest-running story (since August 2006 which LMAO is not long at all considering there are writers that have spent years on one story!). It's also my biggest headache because just when I think I can start moving towards the end...I veer off in another direction.  I know what I want from it, but I can't seem to get there. In any case, if anyone wants to read it for me and give me a push, that would be much appreciated as I'd love to finish it before it's been a year!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7936

Monster in the Closet was a Mersey-inspired creation which is actually the only story I've ever written that was fun to write (other than the ones for the challenges!) because it never gave me a headache.  Chapters for it flow so easily...it's just a matter of finding the time to write those chapters that's a pain in the butt. And, just as I'd discovered my muse had vanished, Mersey finished Children Like Me (which everyone should read...LMAO at plugging someone else's fic in the middle of my own plugging!) and suddenly I have inspiration! So, thanks Mers!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8325

My other stories are not really worth mentioning...S o I hope you enjoy the above if you read them! Thanks.

End. Shameless Plug.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 05:02:33 PM by starbeamz2 »
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Then Again, Proving Them Wrong, and Monster in the Closet!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »

LOL I'm replying to my own post, but I needed a favor from anyone who does read Proving Them Wrong. So "CALLING ALL PROVING THEM WRONG READERS!"

As I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the ball rolling on the last third of this story, I realized that maybe Nick is not portrayed the way the real Nick should be portrayed. I've always operated under the idea that, once you start writing about a certain BSB-er, he becomes your character and isn't really the same as he is in real life. However, said BSB-er should try to stick to the main characteristic s that he normally has, anyway. With that said, I'm getting a little nervous about the fact that my Nick (mine, all MINE! LOL I'd rather have Brian, but I digress ;D) is not staying true to real-life Nick. So, if you read PTW, could you please let me know if this is true, or if I'm just paranoid? That would be a super great help! Thanks! Oh, and the next chapter should be up soon!
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »

lol Sarah. You can have Nicky. I'm glad you've digressed a little because Brian's really busy being MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!!!  :D

ok, I'll share. maybe... anyway I feel bad that I haven't read this one yet, but I'm sure you're just being paranoid. I'm sure your Nicky is wonderful!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »

i'm a proving them wrong reader, and i think you're portraying him well, he's got a more mature feel than real life which is a refreshing change, only part that I'm waiting for is Autumn and Nick to fall in love but that's probably never going to happen, but anyway you write it I love it so far. It's the same Nick except he's acting his age for once LOL!! 
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »

i'm a proving them wrong reader, and i think you're portraying him well, he's got a more mature feel than real life which is a refreshing change, only part that I'm waiting for is Autumn and Nick to fall in love but that's probably never going to happen, but anyway you write it I love it so far. It's the same Nick except he's acting his age for once LOL!! 

thanks for reading ;D  I wasn't sure how well I was doing. Darn, I guess I need to make Nick more immature...hmm, maybe he'll get really drunk and end up sleeping with some random girl-and then have to explain that one to the press, since he's supposed to be with Autumn LOL

I think everyone is waiting for Autumn and Nick to fall in love but we're all just going to have to keep wishing and waiting on that count LOL It might happen, but I can't just smack it in people's faces right away. After all, they haven't exactly been friends this whole time. But, if you are patient, you may be rewarded :P
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »

LOL Either way you do it, I'm sure it'll be good that and having to deal with Liz if they do fall for each other would be complicated but interesting LOL
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 08:48:33 PM »

I think I should apologize for the 5 stories that show up on the updated page that are all from ME! I can't believe it either, but I found my muse, and he made me write a LOT! Proving Them Wrong, Monster in the Closet, and Once Upon a Time were all updated! YAY! I hope you enjoy!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 10:37:05 PM »

I finally updated more of Monster in the Closet, my SN/BSB fic! It's almost at the end, and I'm super excited because I'm getting close to the finish of so many of my stories! Whoo-hoo!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 04:42:52 PM »

Whoo! Monster in the Closet (SN/BSB) is finally finished! I can't believe it took me 5 months to write 10 chapters, but it did! So now, Proving them Wrong should be the sole focus of my life. Probably not, though, since I plan on starting another story soon. *sigh* me and my hyperactive imagination ;)
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Proving Them Wrong
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 01:36:33 AM »

So, after much hair-pulling, I finally finished up another chapter for Proving Them Wrong! This one is the pivotal chapter...the one that changes the rest of the story, and it's finally here and up! Yay! *pats myself on the back*
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 09:18:11 PM »

OMG WOW! I actually managed an update with all the stuff I've had to do this week! I just spent the last three hours on writing, and I've updated Proving Them Wrong! Yay! Now, let's see what else I can get cranking out...
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »

OMG WOW! I actually managed an update with all the stuff I've had to do this week! I just spent the last three hours on writing, and I've updated Proving Them Wrong! Yay! Now, let's see what else I can get cranking out...

omg yay. *runs away to read*
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 11:51:29 AM »

omg yay. *runs away to read*

aww, Julilly, thanks for being such a devoted reader! I have the next chapter over halfway done, too  :o I know, it's shocking but true. I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll. This whole story should be done by chapter 56 or so, and I'm working on 49, so whee!
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 12:23:03 PM »

aww, Julilly, thanks for being such a devoted reader! I have the next chapter over halfway done, too  :o I know, it's shocking but true. I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll. This whole story should be done by chapter 56 or so, and I'm working on 49, so whee!

I'm excited but at the same time I will be sad to see it end!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 07:22:09 PM »

I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I'm about to post ANOTHER chapter of Proving Them Wrong. I'm astonished at myself for writing two chapters in 24 hours. I may actually finish this story in the month of November LOL So, yay!
Sarah
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8